Page 46 of 48 FirstFirst ... 36373839404142434445464748 LastLast

Thread: VAST and third party recievers

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,599 Times in 1,950 Posts

Vast works fine with universal lnbs.
    The vast boxes just don't have provision in the menu to input anything other than 11300 or 10700.
    Last edited by hoe; 24-05-15 at 06:53 PM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by hoe View Post
    Vast works fine with universal lnbs.
    The vast boxes just don't have provision in the menu to input anything other than 11300 or 10700.
    Thanks for your reply.

Just a slight correction. The Humax box has a user define LO freq. input, therefore you can put in whatever you like. I have had various frequencies including a universal getting all the channels except 7Mate
    and the info channel. Now with my new setup I get all the channels including 7Mate and info channels on 12647 V and LO 10700 with 90% strength and 90% quality or
    better using an old Austar dish and a new LNB.

fiddler

Premium Member

Thanks
    Thanked 3,806 Times in 2,525 Posts

In a way what Hoe says is a bit of an Oxymoron or an Irish answer in that 'Yes, it does work BUT not on all channels' as happened in your case, Fiddler.
    I have only used the early UEC 4121 and I think they only allow either 10.700 as default or 11.300 by choice but now there are other STB's on the market, each manufacturer obviously does their settings as they feel is needed in the market place.

Here again that your using quite satisfactory a 65cm Dish goes against the accepted norm that VAST, like Aurora, needs an 85+ cm dish or larger for a reliable reception but many have found the 65cm does the job equally as well provided that is the standard for your specific area.
    Last edited by gordon_s1942; 25-05-15 at 12:37 PM.
    I stand unequivicably behind everything I say , I just dont ever remember saying it !!

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,599 Times in 1,950 Posts

Gordon, all channels are working on my ultra plus using a universal lnb.....
    It appears vast receivers don't fully support the dual frequencies that need to be input for universals.
    Last edited by hoe; 25-05-15 at 01:37 PM.

Premium Member

Thanks
    Thanked 3,806 Times in 2,525 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by hoe View Post
    Gordon, all channels are working on my ultra plus using a universal lnb.....
    It appears vast receivers don't fully support the dual frequencies that need to be input for universals.
    Thats what I mean Hoe that at one time, there were 'difficulties' using a Universal LNB and so the assumption was that they dont work for VAST or miss part as Fiddler experienced but as you have shown, there are now exceptions depending it seems on the make of the Decoder your using.
    And who knows in time that all decoders will work quite happily on both fixed and universal types to suit what LNB is used by the customers.
    I stand unequivicably behind everything I say , I just dont ever remember saying it !!

Thanks

Update for anyone looking for a more robust STB, Vu Duo2 working perfect with cam

Thanks
    Thanked 4,710 Times in 2,797 Posts

Any mpeg4 receiver with a cam slot and a VAST card &cam should work with all the Vu's, Ultraplus, Mediator, Xcruiser etc

Leroy
    XCRUISER HDSR600HD twin sat and terrestrial receiver $OOS *
    XCRUISER HDSR385 Avant - sold out$OOS UltraPlus DVB-T and DVB-S2 tuners $49 Remotes $OOS

Thanks

I can second the Vusolo2 decoder works well
    Its Hell in the Tropics

Thanks

OK, I have a thought, I have an Xcruiser box that will take an IRDeto CAM. Where would one source a married CAM and card (legitimate, or course), and would VAST activate it for you if it's not a "designated" VAST box such as a UEC?

I have a very sad UEC that is about ready for the bin, however you can't grab the CAM out of that because it's integrated into the main board I believe.

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,074 Times in 6,765 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by VK4TIM View Post
    OK, I have a thought, I have an Xcruiser box that will take an IRDeto CAM. Where would one source a married CAM and card (legitimate, or course), and would VAST activate it for you if it's not a "designated" VAST box such as a UEC?

I have a very sad UEC that is about ready for the bin, however you can't grab the CAM out of that because it's integrated into the main board I believe.
    Here's one source:

You register the card number exactly the same as you register a VAST decoder.... no problem there.

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mtv For This Useful Post:

OSIRUS (07-09-16),VK4TIM (08-09-16)

Thanks
    Thanked 3,664 Times in 831 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by gordon_s1942 View Post
    In a way what Hoe says is a bit of an Oxymoron or an Irish answer in that 'Yes, it does work BUT not on all channels' as happened in your case, Fiddler.
    I have only used the early UEC 4121 and I think they only allow either 10.700 as default or 11.300 by choice but now there are other STB's on the market, each manufacturer obviously does their settings as they feel is needed in the market place.

Here again that your using quite satisfactory a 65cm Dish goes against the accepted norm that VAST, like Aurora, needs an 85+ cm dish or larger for a reliable reception but many have found the 65cm does the job equally as well provided that is the standard for your specific area.
    Normally UECs have a setting which says "Single" or "Dual" LNB types. Upon selecting dual, you will get two input LOs where you then input them for your universal LNB. It may just be a South African thing (the boxes are made here) calling a universal LNB a "dual", it's only because it has two LOs.

Thanks

Default Using a VAST card with either a Cruiser or Vu+

Quote Originally Posted by mtv View Post
    Here's one source:

You register the card number exactly the same as you register a VAST decoder.... no problem there.
    Apologies for my ignorance but I thought the VAST cards were married to the receiver/PVRs and could not be used in anything but a SatKing, UEC or HUMAX.

So a VAST card from this source would work in a Cruiser? I guess one tuner could be set to C1 & its dish and the other to VAST although with all channels available via VAST that would be a bit silly. So would the skip functions work with the VAST card or would it forbid them?

Not sure I'm tempted to shell out $290 for that card as I already have the Humax working OK and really do not look at much from the commercial channels anyway. No skip functions continue to be annoying but the FF is bearable so I guess I'll live with that.

I've given up completely on terrestrial these days as reception is now worse than ever so satellite is relied upon for all receivers now. Most viewing is on a Vu+Solo2 for ABC & SBS with some backup from the Cruiser. I did also get a ZGEMMA Star-2S, a unit virtually the same as the Vu+ but requiring an external HDD via USB. I used it for awhile but it is currently not connected or in service so I guess I should sell it. There are too many toys in this house!
    Having trouble configuring the remote to control the cat

Thanks

Read my post about 6 up from here.

........Leroy

Edit. Just saw it said Mediator and it was meant to be Mediastar. Got to love auto correct in phones.
    Last edited by LeroyPatrol; 10-09-16 at 05:26 PM.
    XCRUISER HDSR385 Avant - sold out$OOS UltraPlus DVB-T and DVB-S2 tuners $49 Remotes $OOS

Administrator
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Tassie Devil View Post
    Apologies for my ignorance but I thought the VAST cards were married to the receiver/PVRs and could not be used in anything but a SatKing, UEC or HUMAX.
    That's correct... the card on its own cannot be used in any other decoder and you can't just purchase a card anyway.

Leroy is correct.

What we are talking about here is a card and a paired CAM, which are married to each other.

The pairing is between the card and the CAM... not with the actual third party decoder.

The CAM itself can be used in any decoder that accepts an irdeto CAM

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by LeroyPatrol View Post
    Read my post about 6 up from here.

........Leroy
    Yes I read that before Leroy and it was news to me. But I note you say "should".

And if it does work in a Cruiser, are the skip functions on it still functional while using the VAST card?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mtv View Post
    That's correct... the card on its own cannot be used in any other decoder and you can't just purchase a card anyway.

Leroy is correct.

What we are talking about here is a card and a paired CAM, which are married to each other.

The pairing is between the card and the CAM... not with the actual third party decoder.

The CAM itself can be used in any decoder that accepts an irdeto CAM
    Ahah, now clearer thank you.

OK, card AND CAM - can you use the skip functions on the Cruiser with one of those inside?

Administrator
    Thanks

Ahah, now clearer thank you.

OK, card AND CAM - can you use the skip functions on the Cruiser with one of those inside?
    I'm only assuming here, as I don't have a Cruiser, but I would expect skipping should work, as it's a function of the decoder, not the CAM/card.

I think the skipping restriction is incorporated into VAST decoders. eg: Freeview, which non-freeview decoders (such as most third party boxes) don't have skip restrictions.

I'm sure Leroy will be able to confirm that.

Thanks

Yes I read that before Leroy and it was news to me. But I note you say "should".

And if it does work in a Cruiser, are the skip functions on it still functional while using the VAST card?
    Of course! The card is for decrypting pictures not changing the functionality of the receiver. Don't confuse the crippled firmware features on a vast receiver with non vast receivers! i

• The Following User Says Thank You to LeroyPatrol For This Useful Post:

cmatten (18-02-17)

Thanks

I've been struggling with a UEC dual tuner at looking at the mentioned above cam/card. Does anyone have any current links? I really want something with dual tuners and can run on 12 volt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Administrator
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jules456 View Post
    I've been struggling with a UEC dual tuner at looking at the mentioned above cam/card. Does anyone have any current links? I really want something with dual tuners and can run on 12 volt.
    Dual tuner will not give you access to more than one VAST channel at a time with a standard VAST CAM/card.

To access more than one VAST channel simultaneously, you would need the multi-channel VAST CAM/card, which cost around $750.00... plus the cost of the decoder of course.

• Page 46 of 48 FirstFirst ... 36373839404142434445464748 LastLast