Thread: reception certificate

Thanks

Default reception certificate

Have been speaking to someone on Myswitch about digital reception.My house was originally in a variable area and thus able to access VAST, however it has been changed to Good.This is despite the fact that I am on the edge of the possible reception area and surrounded by trees.It appears that the commercial broadcasters are not keen for many households to access VAST and are going to make it difficult. So it appears that the only way that I can get access to the digital channels is to get a reception certificate.Now the guy at Myswitch dosen't know how to get one of these but suspects that I will need to get someone (ie a technician) out to confirm that I can't get a signal. He told me to contact Mysattv but not now as they are having problems with large numbers of people trying to activate, that the telephone line has been suspended. It seems that if I want to get VAST I will have to pay someone to sign a stat dec. probably talking at least $100.My area loses its analog signal in mid FEB so we are the first in regional Vic.Could be a lot of very unhappy people because lots of households are similar to me surrounded by trees and in dips.

Look Here ->
    Thanks

I think while they are really busy with activations there will be less scrutiny on your address, so now would be the time to "move" a few streets over to an area on the map that is allowed to have VAST.

Thanks

Once the 'switch off' time arrives in Regional Vic, the VAST team will descend, and hopefully your problem will be resolved, without ... which will cost a lot more than $100.

Premium Member

Thanks
    Thanked 3,806 Times in 2,525 Posts

I havent tried yet but my village has the same idiotic reception ratings.
    If I use my street, its a maybe,but generaly unreliable.
    But if I use the cross street as I have a corner block, suddenly its a definate No Signal.
    I went over each street in the Village and got the same result depending if the street is North/South or East/West as the village is laid out by the compass.
    I stand unequivicably behind everything I say , I just dont ever remember saying it !!

Thanks

I don't want to register yet as I'm waiting for a better box to appear( who knows it might happen) so just testing the water at the moment.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dixons View Post
    Have been speaking to someone on Myswitch about digital reception.My house was originally in a variable area and thus able to access VAST, however it has been changed to Good.This is despite the fact that I am on the edge of the possible reception area and surrounded by trees.It appears that the commercial broadcasters are not keen for many households to access VAST and are going to make it difficult. So it appears that the only way that I can get access to the digital channels is to get a reception certificate.Now the guy at Myswitch dosen't know how to get one of these but suspects that I will need to get someone (ie a technician) out to confirm that I can't get a signal. He told me to contact Mysattv but not now as they are having problems with large numbers of people trying to activate, that the telephone line has been suspended. It seems that if I want to get VAST I will have to pay someone to sign a stat dec. probably talking at least $100.My area loses its analog signal in mid FEB so we are the first in regional Vic.Could be a lot of very unhappy people because lots of households are similar to me surrounded by trees and in dips.
    Anybody can get Vast right now if they pay for it, no matter where you are.

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,466 Times in 958 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by fasta1 View Post
    I'm interested, some details please
    Last edited by OSIRUS; 24-12-10 at 03:33 PM.
    Become a Premium Member and support the Austech Forum

Premium Member

Thanks

You can buy a VAST stb and get ABC/SBS no matter where you live but qualifing ie for a 'Reception Certificate' for the Commercial channels is another story.
    If you can find an installer who does Aurora, they MAY have some details available but they too may be 'marking time' the same as we all are.
    I stand unequivicably behind everything I say , I just dont ever remember saying it !!

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,066 Times in 6,761 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by fasta1 View Post
    Please post the details in the forum of how this can be done 'right now' for 'anybody' and the cost.

Remember, we are talking about FULL activation of VAST, including ALL the commercial channels, not just ABC/SBS.

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,458 Times in 1,141 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mtv View Post
    Please post the details in the forum of how this can be done 'right now' for 'anybody' and the cost.

Remember, we are talking about FULL activation of VAST, including ALL the commercial channels, not just ABC/SBS.
    Um...

1. Just use your own details on the online form for contact info
    2. Use the yellow maps to pick road address for your 'weekender hut'
    3. Use that road, suburb, postcode for the install address.
    4. Click the submit button.
    5. Wait 3~days

Reality is an invention of my imagination.
    ಠ_ಠ

Thanks

worked for me!!

Thanks

you can also get 6 months access if you're travelling into the aurora viewing area. you will need to renew every 6 months that way though.

Thanks

Still waiting for VAST to get back to me with details of reception certificate, it appears that they don't have one yet and promised me that it would be available yesterday!!.
    Another way is to find an area that is classed as able to access VAST because they cannot recieve a digital signal and check. I know at least one area that has this designation but can recieve a terrestrial signal.Anyone in this situation would be happy to fill in their details for you, as you would be supplying the card and box and there would be no comebacks on them.

Thanks

Friend filled in the online form this morning and 10 mins later had it all

I did one last night and it was all there this morning. must have had some one who was in a hurry

Premium Member

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by efab View Post
    Friend filled in the online form this morning and 10 mins later had it all

I did one last night and it was all there this morning. must have had some one who was in a hurry
    That was either Santa doing his rounds and gave them a hand or they wanted to get off home to check for 'Goodies' under the Tree.