Thread: Dm500s Erratic Operation

Thanks

Default Dm500s Erratic Operation

On the weekend tried to change one of the skins for the appearance and on reset the unit never returned or responded to any remote comands forcing me to pull the plug to get it going again.

Now when simply changing channels up or down it takes sometimes 2 or 3 presses on the remote to get the unit to respond but it too also will either go up one channel or 2 or 3
    other symptoms that have started just only pressing the up and down button are:

The menu randomly appearing.

The Mute being constantly enabled.

No response at all causing you to press harder on the buttons (Batteries have been tested and are brand new)

Having to move right up close to the unit after no channel changes for over 5 minutes and then you can gradually move away once it responds.

The unit will not recover from a reboot at all needing to have power removed and a Enigma reset starts the unit on a weird channel that i don't have active in my Boutique and resets my aspect ratio back to 4:3

Factory reset did'nt help at all but the erratic channel selection made it very had to select and save wanted scanned channels.

At the moment my NIC is playing up so i'm unable to talk to it with my computer using LAN until latter this week when i have a chance to sort that problem out can anything be done by serial if it's a corrupted image to reflash the image(s) thats causing this issue, i'm unit a legit sub card.

Thanks.

Look Here ->
    Thanks

Just so you know your not crazy, I have seen this problem also when playing with skins. I was using the Joshua03 skins.
    I also noted that the LED on front of the box was not blinking when I pressed the button, but after a couple of presses then it blinked and I got a response.

Unfortunately I reflashed (for a different reason) and didn't think too much of it.

The mute coming on was pretty constant for me when navigating.

Thanks

I'd start by restoring official DMM image via serial using null modem cable, being sure to do a Flash Erase on the way.

Your Dream is probably OK, unless it's brand new and still running original firmware in which case I'd suspect the motherboard.

If problems persist the next thing I'd try would be a different power supply.

Thanks

Thanks for all the advice.

I noticed that after doing a factory reset the remote was responding fine setting the unit back up with the satellite and LNB settings so there's nothing wrong with the remote or the IR Sensor on the unit but after i started Cccam is when either the dreambox or the remote starts to lose it's mind, i guess with a bit of looking these images can just be downloaded and then flashed.

Can the all the same images be flashed and/or erased currently installed in my unit - Pli Iolite, CCcam 2.0.8 & Newcs 1.50 using the null modem connection as well as the ethernet - just the ethernet is quicker ?

Something is preventing my NIC from seeing the outside would, my computer recognizes it's there, DHCP gives it an IP address but i just can't seem to get any traffic through it, i've done eveything from modifying the registry, turing off firewalls, uninstalling and reinstalling it, downloading new drivers, checked and double checked all IP address for everything etc... but it does'nt even turn it's light on the LAN port to acknowledge a physical connection with the DM500s powered up.

The Dm500s manual says to use a regular Ethernet cable which i've got but i read on another website that it's a crossed cable ( Null ) to be used for Ethernet the same as the 9 pin serial connection ?

I'm already using a different power supply as the supplied one gave me 2 parrallel wriggly lines on the TV that rolled upwards over time and started again at the bottom on every channel.

Do Ethernet USB Adaptors work with the DM500s if the NIC is stuffed.

Thanks,
    Wayne.

Thanks

Reflash with latest PLi image and all will be fixed

Thanks
    Thanked 4,710 Times in 2,797 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by z80 View Post
    Reflash with latest PLi image and all will be fixed
    You've been converted

Leroy