Thread: Networx NX-4 Security Alarm

Thanks

Default Networx NX-4 Security Alarm

Following a violent storm recently, the power went off momentarily to my home while I was not there and this brief cut in the power supply set off the security alarm. When I returned home, I found I could not use the remote and had to turn off the system manually. Since then, the red power light on the control panel has been flashing and I understand this indicates a low battery. I have been told that I need to "power down" the system and then power it up again, following which I will then need to re-enter the codes and date/time information. Could someone please tell me what this means and what I need to do.

Look Here ->

Thanks

Provided your system survived the storm and isn't fried, the only thing you'll have to do is reset the time & date following a power cycle. As the system has a non-volatile memory, all codes and programming will still be there.

To reset the date, do the following key sequence; (Note that for this to work, your code will need to be a master code)

*96 CODE (at this point, all lights except service and ready extinguish) dMMDDYY (Keypad should now be back to normal and the service light will extinguish after a few seconds. If the service light remains on, there are further issues with the system)

d = day of the week where a value of 1 = Sunday & 7 = Saturday.

For the time, do the following;

*97 CODE HHMM

That should get rid of the service light provided the only issue is the time & date.

Bear in mind though, that your system may have suffered damaged as a result of the storm. If this has happened, it may perform unpredictably and will require attention from a tech.
    Last edited by Drift; 17-12-10 at 04:20 PM.