Thread: VAST and Austar simultaneously same dish

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks

Default VAST and Austar simultaneously same dish

Hi there,

My company has been asked by several different people whether we can utilise their existing Austar dish for the new VAST service. The reason for this is because we are in remote SA and almost every house already has an austar dish. After reading through some posts on here it seems that it is a possibility. I have some questions however:

1. Firstly are we legally allowed to use the existing Austar dish to do this - would Austar have issues with us providing this service to our customers?

2. I am assuming that VAST works with the existing Austar dish, LNB etc but can we run both Austar / Mystar HD and Vast decoders simultaneously off of the same dish?

3. If we can run them simultaneously I am assuming that I would be able to simply use a two way splitter rated for use with sat frequencies and simply plug an extra coax into the new Vast box. Is that the case?

4. Does anyone know a number for Austar technical support so that I can ask them direct about legalites etc? It is hard to get anything from the call centre staff usually.

Hopefully this can be done as it would make my installs easier as well as it means that all of our customers won't have to have two dishes for the same reason....

We are looking like we may be the sole installation company for our area so it could mean a lot of unnecessary work if we install the secondary dish....

Any help / info or phone numbers of who I should be talking to would be very very appreciated.

Cheers.
    Last edited by phatal; 26-01-11 at 02:26 PM.

2. Look Here ->