Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Austar Mystar

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by gw1 View Post
    The one you refer to was an old Electronics Australia kit, if memory serves me correctly. At $15 it would have been a clearance special - they'd normally charge that much just for the case and PCB! From a quick search it appears that kit had previously been priced around $79, or $49 on special, but at any rate it doesn't seem to be available any more.

Any Macrovision filter product worth its salt is likely to start around $80, or maybe $50 if made in China
    If the kit at trick dicky for $15 is indeed the old Electronics Australia kit, then it is a bargain, and I can confirm it does remove the macrovision on the mystar, Mine has been going strong for 9 years now

Thanks

Some of the cheaper dvd recorders seem to just ignore macrovision protection on recorded Mystar shows, I have found - as for converting to pc formats, run your mystar to a capture card (though most strip macrovision anyway) and record that way, and your laughing

Thanks

Smile MyStar to dvd

I have Mystar HD (Austar) i have set up an svideo video enhancer (Availble at Jaycar $99) out from mystar box to panasonic dvd recorder. it works at bypassing the copy protection. but the quality is not that good. just watching mystar hd on my full hd tv via HDMI is 99% quality on most ch's. when u watch threw the enhancer its poor grainy quality like old vhs. i havent found a better option yet. if anyone has a fix for this, please help. the enhancer does work if u dont care about quality. i do care about quality, but its better then nothing...

and on ebay

Thanks

With the Mystar hd the better solutions are here with the hauppauges able to do SD+HD recordings in h264 codec with acc or ac3 5.1 optical audio recordings to a computer.

• Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12