Thread: MP3/MP4 Player Problems

Thanks

Default MP3/MP4 Player Problems

Hello Members
    I have a MP3/MP4 player that looks like an 3rd generation IPOD, I had bought it on eBay from Hongkong. It was stated as a 4GB but one day when I opened it to find and found it had only a 2GB Flash inside, it was playing up (Frozen Screen) for I had used almost all the storage space of about 1.89GB. One day it didn't even want to boot up at all. When I checked it's storage space on the computer ...I had lost all my MP3s ...everything ....even the Firmware.

I didn't back up the firmware so now I am in big trouble, I need help BIG-TIME.

I checked inside, it has the following parts:

PCB no: CJ-B835
    LCD Screen: PY1328W CM70048ACT-6 Moo
    Micro chip: AK1025
    Flash memory: HY27UU08AG5M

There is a FM radio chip with no numbers on it, it has normal small coils of FM radio types around the chip.

To my understanding a copy of the firmware of a similar player can be saved from a working player and be loaded on another.

Any ideas will be highly appreciated
    Thanks Mabbo

Look Here ->
    Thanks

Hi again
    I am putting more information here about my MP3/MP4 player. The player when assembled looks like the picture in the left below. The dismantled picture is in the right with all the major electronic components visible:

I found a similar player on the Youtube at the following link:

When my player was working it has exactly the same menus and displays as in this youtube video. Help in any form will be highly appreciated. TC. Mabbo