Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Whats so good about dreambox

Thanks

Default Whats so good about dreambox

Hi Guys

Forgive me for this query, but I'm a novice in satellite TV stuff. I currently own a Sonicview box and am thinking about upgrading. Can anyone give me an idea on why dreamboxes are so popular. I mean, what's so different between a dreambox and a plain old FTA box. Will dreamboxes allow you to watch more satellite TV channels or something? From what I can see on Lyngsat, FTA channels are "free", and Irdeto channels are encrypted, so it does not matter which box you ultimatley buy does it???

thanks

Look Here ->
    Thanks

just have a read through this forum and you will see what people are using dreamboxes for.

1) will they give you more channels then non dreamboxes: Well some may say yes but really no they dont they give you access to the same stuff.

2) whats different then: The main difference is how you access these channels and then what you can do with them ie my dreambox can easily stream to my ipad and other devices. A dreambox is a linux box that gives you much more customization than any normal sat box.

• The Following User Says Thank You to nihonjin For This Useful Post:

Seymour Butts (16-07-11)

Thanks

having been in the past in the dev of these beasts, they were the start of the whole scene and the reason alot of these forums even exist, original ones willl always give the best results....oh and me mate vic was never part of the ineer circles(that will prob get the post deleted) but seriously if you are serious of actualy doing the stuff as a hobby then when you get one you will understand
    ive only been suspended once...but never banned...yet, but i am working on it...OMG after all these years...i am a paytv forum troll....erk
    ok i have, a phillips screwdriver, a sidchrome socket set, life time supply of condoms, lotsa old programers, an old nokia, season interface...even a pace 400....does this make me look better than DJmatt? oh i was also a "auspink" beta tester!...but apart from that i look great in suspenders

• The Following User Says Thank You to Zbee For This Useful Post:

Rick (16-07-11)

Thanks

oh the link to his past this will def be deleted
    ive only been suspended once...but never banned...yet, but i am working on it...OMG after all these years...i am a paytv forum troll....erk
    ok i have, a phillips screwdriver, a sidchrome socket set, life time supply of condoms, lotsa old programers, an old nokia, season interface...even a pace 400....does this make me look better than DJmatt? oh i was also a "auspink" beta tester!...but apart from that i look great in suspenders

Thanks
    Thanked 3,471 Times in 1,531 Posts

whats so good? well just buy one they farkin rock, I have a 600,7020 and a 8000HD, stacks of images,many different cams all user configurable to your needs, to me they are the rolls royce of the sat box scene

• The Following User Says Thank You to Rick For This Useful Post:

Thanks

dman i still have the original beta 500 sittin in my garage...."lest we forget" 7000 the very beginning ... hmmm actually not....NOKIA

Thanks

ZBee,

What is your form (regarding your post #3 & #4) ?

Slinging shit on other members is that all you can contribute to this forum?

Yes those posts of yours should be deleted, i have no idea why they havnt been to date (which i may add, totally amazes me).

The original post (by ghaddad69) was in regards to upgrading to a dreambox and what its benefits are.

Ghaddad69,

A DM will perform fine, it is a linux based O/S, can do blue cards (in card slot) and aurora via ppua (if using a E1 box), but looking toward the future, i would recommend a VU+DUO, a much better box, top quality pics/sound and HD compliant and can be equipped with an inboard standard SATA HDD for recording.

cheers
    hannible
    Last edited by Hannible; 16-07-11 at 10:03 PM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Hannible View Post
    ZBee,

What is your form?

Slinging shit on other members is that all you can contribute to this forum?

Yes those posts of yours should be deleted, i have no idea why they havnt been to date.

The original post (by ghaddad69) was in regards to upgrading to a dreambox.

Ghaddad69,

A DM will perform fine, but i would recommend a VU+DUO, a much better box, top quality pics/sound.

cheers
    hannible
    vu was a copy, as was most in recent times. the only close copy was "reelbox" many know i have a very long history in the australian scene, in the early days this was truely a hobbie, some may remeber doing the first "season" to a pace400 running cardemu with a homemade season interface. the point i am making is, a dreambox is the only decent box to play with, the others are just gimmee boxes and what image do i need to circumvent the system. as to the attack i posted in general on the old adage of beware who is to be trusted

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Zbee For This Useful Post:

Rick (16-07-11)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Zbee View Post
    vu was a copy, as was most in recent times. the only close copy was "reelbox" many know i have a very long history in the australian scene, in the early days this was truely a hobbie, some may remeber doing the first "season" to a pace400 running cardemu with a homemade season interface. the point i am making is, a dreambox is the only decent box to play with, the others are just gimmee boxes and what image do i need to circumvent the system. as to the attack i posted in general on the old adage of beware who is to be trusted
    Vic - can be trusted, there was no need to trash him at all - poor form ZBee on your part.

cheers
    hannible

Thanks

Vic - can be trusted, there was no need to trash him at all - poor form ZBee on your part.

cheers
    hannible
    you have no fkin idea do you...sad

Thanks

you have no fkin idea do you...sad
    Actually i do, Zbee.

What i find sad (as you have put it) is a forum/site, that condones the public slamming/trashing of members that have contributed a lot of usefull information, such as Vic has, who i may add, has helped many members including newbies and myself with thier various posts/enquiries.

Afterall Zbee - here is the relative comparison (current as of 1930hrs WST 16/07/2011)

Vic
    Joined 01/2008
    Feedback 100%
    Thanked 53 times
    Posted 845 times
    Rep Power 31

Zbee
    Joined 01/2008
    Feedback 0
    Posted 116 times
    Thanked 15 times
    Thanked 38 times in posts
    Rep Power 8

If i was a newbie, i would be taking advice from Vic, overall, he has the knowledge and furthermore, the experience.

Now lets stick to the topic of this thread shall we?

cheers
    hannible
    Last edited by Hannible; 16-07-11 at 10:56 PM.

Thanks

Everyone had to rejoin in 2008 as austech crashed,as for zbee he was here well before me and i joined in 2001

• The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ATTITUDE For This Useful Post:

AUS355 (20-10-11),Godzilla (16-07-11),Min (17-07-11),Zbee (16-07-11)

Thanks

after attitudes post i removed the other crap in my post thanx....dreamboxes will always rulez
    Last edited by Zbee; 16-07-11 at 10:56 PM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ATTITUDE View Post
    Everyone had to rejoin in 2008 as austech crashed,as for zbee he was here well before me and i joined in 2001
    I also rejoined in 2008 after the crash - i originally joined in 2002/2003.

cheers
    hannible

Thanks

bring back the NOKIA....heheheeh i still have one, class german electronics the thing still powers up with dvb2000 software, it scans finds stuff but thats it soo saad cause spits the dummy after that...we need a museum....btw anyone seem the B-Mac service lately

Thanks

Actually i do, Zbee.

What i find sad (as you have put it) is a forum/site, that condones the public slamming/trashing of members that have contributed a lot of usefull information, such as Vic has, who i may add, has helped many members including newbies and myself with thier various posts/enquiries.

Afterall Zbee - here is the relative comparison (current as of 1930hrs WST 16/07/2011)

Vic
    Joined 01/2008
    Feedback 100%
    Thanked 53 times
    Posted 845 times
    Rep Power 31

Zbee
    Joined 01/2008
    Feedback 0
    Posted 116 times
    Thanked 15 times
    Thanked 38 times in posts
    Rep Power 8

cheers
    hannible
    Well what are you trying to prove with this useless post?

• The Following User Says Thank You to ATTITUDE For This Useful Post:

Min (17-07-11)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ATTITUDE View Post
    Well what are you trying to prove with this useless post?
    (QUOTE FROM POST #11)

Actually i do, Zbee.

ATTITUDE, Perhaps you best read the top part of the post of post #11, before calling it a useless post.

cheers
    hannible
    Last edited by Hannible; 16-07-11 at 11:48 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,471 Times in 1,531 Posts

actually zbee is a old timer fondly remember his contributions to a long forgotten forum ;-) we shared what you most call a hobby now days but have NFI how anything works, what do I call it?? oh yea thats it a plug and play sat system you guys have,the dreambox made you use your grey matter it wasnt about gimmi this and that back in the early days, you know people actually took the time to learn how to use the box, but now days those who buy dreams buy them loaded with images and cams YEP plug and play, and you guessed it right something fails and they have NFI whatsoever how to fix it, buy a dream and actually take the time to learn how the box works now thats what a hobby is all about MAKING IT WORK YOURSELF!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Zbee
    some may remember doing the first "season" to a pace400 running cardemu with a homemade season interface.
    shut up ya bastard ya making us look old

• The Following User Says Thank You to Rick For This Useful Post:

Thanks

hanniblle....i never dobbed...because it was a hobby for me, i tried summin to see if it worked then went to the next challenge, but i never used my skills to screw others....unlike others

• The Following User Says Thank You to Zbee For This Useful Post:

Min (17-07-11)

Thanks

hanniblle....i never dobbed...because it was a hobby for me, i tried summin to see if it worked then went to the next challenge, but i never used my skills to screw others....unlike others
    Zbee,

Vic never screwed anyone, tis always best to get all the facts, do you not agree?

cheers
    hannible

• Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast