Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Vinasat 1

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by LeroyPatrol View Post
    You won't be able to get the Optus sats because they are in the Ku band and you have a C-Band setup. If you want to get the Optus Ku sats then I would get a second hand Foxtel/Austar dish.

Leroy
    On my receiver, when I changed the LNB to UNIVERSAL, then it received VTV channels with the transponder details as following:

11486MHz 9766Ks/s V

From Lyngsat, it should be
    3413MHz 9766Ks/s V

Someone explained it to me that the number: 11486MHZ is for Ku band and I should set my LNB to 5150.

I have another question: Why I could receive Ku band signal as above, but not the Ku band on Optus Ku?

Sorry for asking too many questions. I have my Satellite dish installed at home for last 2-3 years, I never play around with it until recently I bought a receiver with DVB-S2 ability to try to catch those new HTV channels on VinaSat 1 and then questions just keep creating more new questions....

Thanks
    Thanked 4,710 Times in 2,797 Posts

Your LNB is for C-Band and the Lo Freq is 5150. You are getting confused with the TP or transponder freq. What you've quoted there is a Ku freq and I'm sure you're not receiving anything on that freq. What channels come up?

Leroy
    XCRUISER HDSR600HD twin sat and terrestrial receiver $OOS *
    XCRUISER HDSR385 Avant - sold out$OOS UltraPlus DVB-T and DVB-S2 tuners $49 Remotes $OOS

Thanks

Your LNB is for C-Band and the Lo Freq is 5150. You are getting confused with the TP or transponder freq. What you've quoted there is a Ku freq and I'm sure you're not receiving anything on that freq. What channels come up?

Leroy
    Yes, I do receive all VTV channels: VTV1, VTV2, VTV3, VTV4 and VTV6

Once I set my LNB to Universal, I receive those channels in

11486MHz 9766Ks/s V only

But when I set my LNB to 5150 I received the same channels but only in

3413MHz 9766Ks/s V

So, Yes I can receive the same set of channels on different frequency depending on what I set up on my LNB

Sonny Giang

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by giangs View Post
    Yes, I do receive all VTV channels: VTV1, VTV2, VTV3, VTV4 and VTV6

Once I set my LNB to Universal, I receive those channels in

11486MHz 9766Ks/s V only

But when I set my LNB to 5150 I received the same channels but only in

3413MHz 9766Ks/s V

So, Yes I can receive the same set of channels on different frequency depending on what I set up on my LNB

Sonny Giang
    3413MHz 9766Ks/s V is correct for the VTV channels and the other is an I don't know why but surprised it works setting lol

The Lo for your LNB is set to work at 5150 and just because you change it doesn't mean you can scan the Ku band. I know you say but I'm getting VTV on 11486MHz but this is just showing the wrong freq and is not actually getting VTV on a Ku freq.

Leroy
    Last edited by LeroyPatrol; 08-02-12 at 03:34 PM.
    XCRUISER HDSR385 Avant - sold out$OOS UltraPlus DVB-T and DVB-S2 tuners $49 Remotes $OOS

Thanks

C-band is for C-band (5.150 ghz), Ku-Band is for Ku-Band (9.750-12.750 ghz) think of it as your radio, 2 different bands AM/FM.you will not receive Ku band in your mesh dish unless you change the Lnbf and Vice versa to C-Band.Ku is not effective in Mesh dish,only on Solid Metal or Petal dish.I will try and pick these channels in my 10 foot dish this weekend,If it works,then you are in need for a bigger dish.!!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by CONAXLE View Post
    C-band is for C-band (5.150 ghz), Ku-Band is for Ku-Band (9.750-12.750 ghz) think of it as your radio, 2 different bands AM/FM.you will not receive Ku band in your mesh dish unless you change the Lnbf and Vice versa to C-Band.Ku is not effective in Mesh dish,only on Solid Metal or Petal dish.I will try and pick these channels in my 10 foot dish this weekend,If it works,then you are in need for a bigger dish.!!
    Initially, I thought when I set the LNB frequency UNIVERSAL that meant it could pick up everything both C-band and Ku-Band, thing got more confirming that theory when I pickup VTVs channels on VinaSat 1 with the transponder frequency of

11486MHz 9766Ks/s V (using my mesh 2.3m dish)

However, as Leroy said, I think the receiver just displays the wrong frequency.

If you try it yourself on your 10 foot mesh dish, and set your LNB to Universal, I'm sure you would experience the same as me.

Thanks

If you want to pick up Ku signals with your C band dish you need to buy a C/Ku combined LNB something like this

But the skew is different for the Optus sats. You can pickup Ku signals on Nss6, Asiasat 4, Intelst 18 but only limited TP's off Optus C1.

Leroy

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,074 Times in 6,765 Posts

A combined C/Ku-Band LNB is a compromise and does not perform as well as dedicated band LNB's.

Also, by altering the lnb skew to receive the Optus Ku sats would reduce the efficiency of weak C-Band signals even further.

If you have very strong C-Band signals, you can compromise OK, but I would highly recommend separate C and Ku dishes for best performance from both bands.

Thanks

Vinasat 1 - HTV update

I have contacted Vinasat 1 and they refered me to a HTV technical support as Vinasat is the responsible for the control of the satellite not the broadcaster.

The guy from HTV advised that to pick up the signal from HTV, a dish with 5m or greater is recommended and the set top box shall be able to decode MPEG4 H.264.

I am not convinced as I did pick up the HTV channels since Oct 2011 using 2.3 dish but just can not watch HTV from 25-Jan-2012. If this is a dish size problem then I shall not receive the signal at all from last year. In addition, I can watch VTV1,2,3,4,6 no problem from the same satellite on C band. I am aware that VTV is not MPEG4 H.264...

I strongly think that HTV may have changed the transmittion power which had the effect of the signal quality. In the mean time, I will get the technician to adjust the dish for me sometime this week.

I also sent a lots of technical request to local satellite installer to see if they can pick up the HTV signal ok but no answer so far. I will keep you guys update.

Luong

Thanks

5m dish ? Who has that then ? :-) I think they just answered like so you don't complain.
    I got a question, is there any easy of upgrading the dish from 2.3m to 3m without removing the old and the putting the new one ? For example an adapter or something that you can screw on the existing frame ? Thanks.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tvati View Post
    5m dish ? Who has that then ? :-) I think they just answered like so you don't complain.
    I got a question, is there any easy of upgrading the dish from 2.3m to 3m without removing the old and the putting the new one ? For example an adapter or something that you can screw on the existing frame ? Thanks.
    I don't think you can just add another dish to the Pole. There can only 1 dish to be mounted on the top of the Pole.

After lots of help from this forum and playing around with my Dish for last few days, I think I can do it with a fixed dish. With a motorised dish, then.... I need new help from this forum again. However, I don't mind to pay for someone to do it, if I'm for sure the 3m can then catch those channels permanently.

I still have not got time to try to properly aligning my dish yet. I also have big issue at the moment. That is about 2 weeks ago, I could catch those HTV channels, I rang up my brothers/sisters from both myself and my wife and told them what I have "achieved". They all asked me to buy DVB-S2 receivers and do the same thing for them.

I have 4 receivers delivered to me yesterday, now all channels are dead in the water, I feel so embarrassed to bring to their houses to replace the old receivers and..... no thing new happening comparing to the old one

Thanks

What do you mean the channels are dead in the water? Do you think they've stopped transmitting or something?
    What receiivers did you get?

Leroy

Thanks

What do you mean the channels are dead in the water? Do you think they've stopped transmitting or something?
    What receiivers did you get?

Leroy
    Sorry for misleading, It's "dead in the water" just for me at the moment....since it was life before. I have to find way to align my dish properly or increase the size of the dish.

I did contact HTV and the reckon that bigger dish should be used if I live in Melbourne, and they confirm the channels are permanent on.

My receiver is Openbox S10, however, I ordered for my sis/bro Strong receivers since they like brand name, they are 3 x 4669X and 1 x 4930.

Thanks

I would just try the receivers at your friends house and see how you go.

Leroy

Administrator
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tvati View Post
    No,

You need to replace the entire dish with a larger one.

Thanks

I would just try the receivers at your friends house and see how you go.

Leroy
    I now can confirm that with a 2.3 mesh dish, we can't catch HTV channels in Melbourne.

I have tried to align my dish for nearly 2 hours in all directions: left/right/top/down..... and still can't pickup the channels. I haven't done the moving of the LNB in/out since my ladder can't reach the LNB

On the Strong receiver, with TP set to 3433V 14800, I could see quality 65% however, it's just turns between Red and Green every 1 or 2 seconds.

A bigger dish is a must for these channels.

Sonny Giang

Thanks

I can pick them up.I have a Yuri lnb and this lnb is very sensitive.Much better than a strong lnb that I had compared with.

• The Following User Says Thank You to jgarg For This Useful Post:

LeroyPatrol (10-02-12)

Administrator
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jgarg View Post
    I can pick them up.I have a Yuri lnb and this lnb is very sensitive.Much better than a strong lnb that I had compared with.
    What size is you dish and is it mesh or solid?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mtv View Post
    My Dish is 2.3 Mesh Dish.

I use Strong 4390 and Openbox S10 to scan the channels

I don't know what LNB I have since it was installed a few year ago by an installer and it's hidden in the box and my ladder could not reach it.

Sonny Giang

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mtv View Post
    2.3m mesh

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jgarg For This Useful Post:

LeroyPatrol (10-02-12),mtv (10-02-12)

• Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast