Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Vinasat 1

Thanks

Hi all,

Just update on the HTV channels, I have engaged a professional satellite installation to readjust the dish, he discovered that the dish is misaligned and there is a section of the dish not level and may cause the weakness of the signal.

Before he came, the signal quality of the HTV channels are 64%, after he fixed the dish, the signal quality was lifted up to 71% and all the channels on the 3.433 GHz (V) ie HTV7,9 Thuan Viet, Phim, Ca Nhac, The Thao, Du lich, Phu Nu are all watchable and the picture is very clear ie HD quality.

My dish is 2.3m, Strong 4930 HD, L926LNB

Thanks

Default Dreamax 580 setting for HTVs

Hi Guys,
    Can someone help me to edit TP setting in my Dreamax 580 box (ex-Pacific Media box) so I can watch the HTV 7, 9, Ca Nhac, The Thao channel.
    When performing a manual search on my Dreamax box, I found 2 preset TP in the Vinasat1 setting.
    1. TP freq 3413Mhz(V), symbol rate 9766
    2. TP freq 3558Mhz(V), symbol rate 3000
    Can view all the VTV channels by select the 1st option but to be able to watch HTV7,9,Ca Nhac, The Thao, I need to edit or change the 2nd option to TP freq 3433Mhz, symbol rate 14799. I believe that there is a protection password which previously set up by Pacific Media group preventing me to change any settings.
    My disc is 2.3M Mesh and I can watch all VTV and HTV channels on a Satking DVBS 200s2 box.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dhkt_hcm View Post
    Hi all,

Just update on the HTV channels, I have engaged a professional satellite installation to readjust the dish, he discovered that the dish is misaligned and there is a section of the dish not level and may cause the weakness of the signal.

Before he came, the signal quality of the HTV channels are 64%, after he fixed the dish, the signal quality was lifted up to 71% and all the channels on the 3.433 GHz (V) ie HTV7,9 Thuan Viet, Phim, Ca Nhac, The Thao, Du lich, Phu Nu are all watchable and the picture is very clear ie HD quality.

My dish 2.3m, Strong 4930HD, don't know what LNB is, at the moment I can catch HTV channels with quality of about 66% for last few days. However, the pictures sometimes are not clear.

My sister dish of the same setup could not catch any HTV channel at all, however after we upgraded it to 3M today, she could catch HTV channel and the quality is 77%. She says the picture is very clear and she's happy with it.

• The Following User Says Thank You to giangs For This Useful Post:

LeroyPatrol (16-02-12)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by TommySat View Post
    Hi Guys,
    Can someone help me to edit TP setting in my Dreamax 580 box (ex-Pacific Media box) so I can watch the HTV 7, 9, Ca Nhac, The Thao channel.
    When performing a manual search on my Dreamax box, I found 2 preset TP in the Vinasat1 setting.
    1. TP freq 3413Mhz(V), symbol rate 9766
    2. TP freq 3558Mhz(V), symbol rate 3000
    Can view all the VTV channels by select the 1st option but to be able to watch HTV7,9,Ca Nhac, The Thao, I need to edit or change the 2nd option to TP freq 3433Mhz, symbol rate 14799. I believe that there is a protection password which previously set up by Pacific Media group preventing me to change any settings.
    My disc is 2.3M Mesh and I can watch all VTV and HTV channels on a Satking DVBS 200s2 box.
    I believe you can go to the installation setting, select manual scan, and select add TP and then enter 3.433Ghz and 14799 for symbol rate, after that do the scan, it will add new channels to the list

• The Following User Says Thank You to dhkt_hcm For This Useful Post:

TommySat (17-02-12)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by giangs View Post
    My dish 2.3m, Strong 4930HD, don't know what LNB is, at the moment I can catch HTV channels with quality of about 66% for last few days. However, the pictures sometimes are not clear.

My sister dish of the same setup could not catch any HTV channel at all, however after we upgraded it to 3M today, she could catch HTV channel and the quality is 77%. She says the picture is very clear and she's happy with it.
    Giangs,

when it is night time, the signal quality for my dish is 73-74%. during day time it drops 1-2%. The technician told me that 3m dish is recommended.

Anyway, as long as your sister can watch all the HTV channels and she is happy that is it

Thanks

Giangs,

when it is night time, the signal quality for my dish is 73-74%. during day time it drops 1-2%. The technician told me that 3m dish is recommended.

Anyway, as long as your sister can watch all the HTV channels and she is happy that is it
    Not sure about that signal quality.

At the moment on my Strong 4939 it's 66%, however on my openbox S10 it's between 10% - 20%.

Just spoke to my sister, she said it's 81% on her 3M dish now, yesterday the weather wasn't that good so it was only 77%?

Hopefully VinaSat 2 to launch in May would have more and better channels.

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,066 Times in 6,761 Posts

All these percentage 'scales' are only an inaccurate indication at best.

You can probably try 10 decoders of the same make and model and get ten different readings.

There is no benchmark against what these percentages equate to.

The industry standard measurements are DCP (Digital Channel Power) in dBuV BER (Bit Error Ratio), MER, (Modulation Error ratio) NM (Noise Margin) C/N (Carrier To Noise Ratio).

Unless you have instrumentation to accurately measure signals in those true values, the percentage figures mean very little.

Regardless of what 'any' figures say.. the important thing is reliable reception.

If you get reliable reception with 10% or 90%... it doesn't matter, as the PQ will be the same.

Thanks

Hi all,

Can I ask what state of Australia are you from ? I'm from Melbourne. I don't have a HD box yet and not sure if it will get HTV channels with my 2.3m dish.

Thanks

I've tried scanning for the extra channels in the OP's post at 3433 V 14800 but have been unable to receive any channels. Can somebody help me with this?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tvati View Post
    Can I ask what state of Australia are you from ? I'm from Melbourne. I don't have a HD box yet and not sure if it will get HTV channels with my 2.3m dish.
    I am from Perth,WA. I am using 2.3m dish, Strong 4930 HD box & L926 LNB.

The channels you will get are, HTV7,9, Thuan Viet, ca Nhac, phu nu, du lich, gia dinh, phim, VTV1,2,3,4,6 and VOV

Good luck

Thanks

I'm from Melbourne, and for last 1 week, I can get all HTV channels from my 2.3m disk, Strong 4930.

However, I could not get any channel from the week before, not sure if there's any change to the signal magnitude from Vinasat since last week

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mtv View Post
    All these percentage 'scales' are only an inaccurate indication at best.

You can probably try 10 decoders of the same make and model and get ten different readings.

There is no benchmark against what these percentages equate to.

The industry standard measurements are DCP (Digital Channel Power) in dBuV BER (Bit Error Ratio), MER, (Modulation Error ratio) NM (Noise Margin) C/N (Carrier To Noise Ratio).

Unless you have instrumentation to accurately measure signals in those true values, the percentage figures mean very little.

Regardless of what 'any' figures say.. the important thing is reliable reception.

If you get reliable reception with 10% or 90%... it doesn't matter, as the PQ will be the same.
    "PQ will be the same" does it mean:

1] My Sister has the same receiver as me and she has 3M dish and her signal Quality is 81%

2] I have only 2.3M dish with Signal quality 68%

In both cases above, the Picture Quality is the same?!!!

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,066 Times in 6,761 Posts

1] My Sister has the same receiver as me and she has 3M dish and her signal Quality is 81%

Correct.

Being digital, PQ will be the same, providing the signal is stable.

Eg: There are basically three states of digital reception. Perfect, breaking up/pixellating, gone.

So if you can see the pictures with 20% signal quality or with 90% signal quality, you will not see any difference with picture quality.

The only exception is that some receivers may have better video processing than others and the type of screen you are viewing will vary how good the images appear, but that has nothing to do with the actual signal quality.

Hope that makes sense.

Thanks

Can I ask what is the signal quality for VTV channels ? Mine receiver is Strong 4651 (not supporting mpg4 though) and signal quality is only showing 66% for VTV channels.
    I knew that the signal quality does not quite affect the picture quality in some cases but if it is too low then we can't even get the picture. I'm worry that I will even get less signal quality for the HTV channels after upgrading to a new receiver.
    Where did you get your Strong receiver and how much? How much did your sister pay to upgrade to 3M dish ?
    Sorry about asking so many questions.

Thanks

Can I ask what is the signal quality for VTV channels ? Mine receiver is Strong 4651 (not supporting mpg4 though) and signal quality is only showing 66% for VTV channels.
    I knew that the signal quality does not quite affect the picture quality in some cases but if it is too low then we can't even get the picture. I'm worry that I will even get less signal quality for the HTV channels after upgrading to a new receiver.
    Where did you get your Strong receiver and how much? How much did your sister pay to upgrade to 3M dish ?
    To receive the HTV channels, you need to upgrade your box to support Mpeg4 H.264. I live in Perth and using 2.3m dish, Strong 4930 box, L926 and the signal quality is ~72%, minimum is 67%. Below 67% the picture become fragmented.

If you going to install a new dish, 3m dish is recommended, but if you already had a dish then try to upgrade the box first and check if the channels are ok.

Good luck and all the best

Thanks
    Thanked 4,710 Times in 2,797 Posts

There is also the UltraPlus 900HD satellite receiver which does H.264/MPEG4 etc. It is also very feature rich with Internet TV, Free TV and it's the receiver I used to find the VTV and HTV channels on Vinasat 1.

Leroy (with his shameless plug )
    XCRUISER HDSR600HD twin sat and terrestrial receiver $OOS *
    XCRUISER HDSR385 Avant - sold out$OOS UltraPlus DVB-T and DVB-S2 tuners $49 Remotes $OOS

Thanks

I notice that the signal quality for HTV channels has increased to ~74% at night time, sometime it could go up to 75% but during day time, it drops down to ~71-72%. The picture is very clear, no break up. The following channels are viewable

HTV7,9, Thuan Viet, Ca Nhac, du lich, gia dinh, phim, phu nu

The others transponders shows the following channels

VTV1,2,3,4,6 and VOV

Thanks

Strong receiver I bought on ebay, Strong 4930X for $195

With the 3M dish, the installer said the installation cost is the same as the dish, I managed to buy the 3M dish for $410 so it costs us $800 to install the dish. However, after installation he recommended to replace the motor as well, since the old motor is short, the dish doesn't rotate much and we don't catch many satellites. We haven't decide on that yet.

However, for last 2 weeks, I could receive signal on my 2.3M dish. So I guess the signal has been increased on that satellite. You might not need to upgrade to 3M dish.

Thanks

Strong receiver I bought on ebay, Strong 4930X for $195

With the 3M dish, the installer said the installation cost is the same as the dish, I managed to buy the 3M dish for $410 so it costs us $800 to install the dish. However, after installation he recommended to replace the motor as well, since the old motor is short, the dish doesn't rotate much and we don't catch many satellites. We haven't decide on that yet.

However, for last 2 weeks, I could receive signal on my 2.3M dish. So I guess the signal has been increased on that satellite. You might not need to upgrade to 3M dish.
    Giangs,

In the last 2 weeks, the signal quality on HTV channels have been improved, I do not know why? as HTV technical team confirmed there hasn't been any changes in the output power.

Last night, I noticed the signal dropped to 67-68% signal quality based on my Strong 4930 indicator and increased to 69-70% this morning, I assume that the signal quality may be effected due to the weather either at the transmission end or receiving end. In this case, the weather in Perth is very sunny in the last few days, so I think it may be due to the weather in Vietnam where the earth station is based.

Thanks

Default how to catch vinasat and get all channel from it

Hi everyone im from mel im in C-Thaicom5 and im using STGold ST2000F can someone help me how can i change to Vinasat and get that all channel! Thanks!

• Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast