Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: Vinasat 1

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,066 Times in 6,761 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by long125_hp View Post
    Hi everyone im from mel im in C-Thaicom5 and im using STGold ST2000F can someone help me how can i change to Vinasat and get that all channel! Thanks!
    Is your dish fixed or motorised? (it will need to be pointed at Vinasat1).

I think the ST2000F is only DVB-S and many of the Vinasat1 channels are DVB-S2, so you would need to obtain a DVB-S2 satellite decoder to view the DBV-S2 channels.

See Lyngsat for available channels:

2. The Following User Says Thank You to mtv For This Useful Post:

LeroyPatrol (15-03-12)

Thanks

Hi Long,

At present, HTV from vietnam broadcast the following channel on Vinasat 1 C band: HTV7,9, Thuan Viet, Ca nhac, phim, phu nu, du lich, FNBC. these channels are MPEG 2, 4 and need a satellite box capable to decode H.264. Check your box specification, I am afraid that it is not capable to watch the HTV channel.

VTV1,2,3,4,6 currently broadcast non HD but I have been advised from Vinasat 1 that from April, VTV will introduce MPEG 4 similar to HTV.

To conclude, to view vietnamese channels on Vinasat 1, you need a satellite box capable to watch MPEG4/HD and can decode H.264. Your dish shall be 2.3m, the larger the better, 3m is recommended.

You can engage a satellite technician, who can adjust the dish for you, I have engaged one in Perth and he charge me $120, it only takes him less than an hour to do it as he has suitable equipment to track and check the satellite signal. If you do it yourself, it may take 3hours or more.

Good luck

Thanks

Hey guys.

For some reason, even after tweaking the dish, I am still unable to get any HTV channels but I managed to get another channel called NCM which appears to be a soccer channel. It's only available for a few hours a day.

The signal quality on NCM is about 75-80% whilst on the normal VTV channels are about 53-58%. I find this pretty weird. Anyone else have a similar situation?

Thanks

ml2noodle is your decoder capable of both DVBS2 and Mpeg4? It will need to do BOTH to get those channels.
    Uh Oh Oooops!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ml2noodle View Post
    Hey guys.

For some reason, even after tweaking the dish, I am still unable to get any HTV channels but I managed to get another channel called NCM which appears to be a soccer channel. It's only available for a few hours a day.

The signal quality on NCM is about 75-80% whilst on the normal VTV channels are about 53-58%. I find this pretty weird. Anyone else have a similar situation?
    For some reason, there has been no signal for HTV7,9,Thuan Viet, Ca nhac, Du Lich, Phim, Gia Dinh, Phu Nu since Saturaday, I wonder if anyone can pick up the signals in Australia?

I contact HTV in Vietnam and they confirm there is no maintenance on their site but no comments/reply from Vinasat 1

Leo

Thanks
    Thanked 4,710 Times in 2,797 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dhkt_hcm View Post
    For some reason, there has been no signal for HTV7,9,Thuan Viet, Ca nhac, Du Lich, Phim, Gia Dinh, Phu Nu since Saturaday, I wonder if anyone can pick up the signals in Australia?

I contact HTV in Vietnam and they confirm there is no maintenance on their site but no comments/reply from Vinasat 1

Leo
    Hi Leo,

I just reinstalled my C-Band dish and aligned it yesterday and picked up many channels on this sat. I'll check tonight when I get home for you.

Leroy
    XCRUISER HDSR600HD twin sat and terrestrial receiver $OOS *
    XCRUISER HDSR385 Avant - sold out$OOS UltraPlus DVB-T and DVB-S2 tuners $49 Remotes $OOS

Thanks

wow it's like they flicked the switch on those channels. I only just scanned them in on the weekend! I can see what probably are data services so the sat hasn't fallen out of the sky!

Leroy
    XCRUISER HDSR385 Avant - sold out$OOS UltraPlus DVB-T and DVB-S2 tuners $49 Remotes $OOS

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by LeroyPatrol View Post
    wow it's like they flicked the switch on those channels. I only just scanned them in on the weekend! I can see what probably are data services so the sat hasn't fallen out of the sky!

Leroy
    Leroy,

I can only watch VTV1,2,3,4,6 and VOV, the other channels HTV7,9, Thuan Viet, Ca Nhac, Phu Nu, Du Lich, Phim, Gia Dinh appear to be offline.

I still do not receive any response from Vinasat 1 but HTV has confirmed there is no technical issue on their side. What channels can you pick up by the way

Regards

Leo

Thanks

Leroy,

I can only watch VTV1,2,3,4,6 and VOV, the other channels HTV7,9, Thuan Viet, Ca Nhac, Phu Nu, Du Lich, Phim, Gia Dinh appear to be offline.

I still do not receive any response from Vinasat 1 but HTV has confirmed there is no technical issue on their side. What channels can you pick up by the way

Regards

Leo
    Sorry Leo, I just rechecked and I'm getting all the channels. The VTV are the weaker of the bunch. I had my positioner programed in the wrong position lol

Leroy

Thanks

Sorry Leo, I just rechecked and I'm getting all the channels. The VTV are the weaker of the bunch. I had my positioner programed in the wrong position lol

Leroy
    Leroy,

I found the problem for the loss of HTV signals on my box, it happened when I did the blind scan and for some reasons, the TP SYM rate changed to 45.000 Ms/s instead of 14.800 Ms/s, I changed it back manually last night and did the scan again and it works ok now, I can see all the channel ok

Thanks for your assistance. Do you pick up the NCM channel by the way, I add the TP and did the scan but I can not pick up that channel, it was listed on Lyngsat

Regards

Leo

Thanks

Leroy,

Regards

Leo
    Vinasat 2 suppose to be launch this month or next,If successful,there will be a lot of Vietnamese people living here very happy!..

Thanks

As far as I know Vinasat 2 will go to 131.8E and is all KU

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by apsattv View Post
    As far as I know Vinasat 2 will go to 131.8E and is all KU
    Any known beams heading towards Melbourne?

Thanks

I doubt it

Thanks

Default vinasat htv channels

i am in the west, and have been watching htv channels for 6 months, i know for facts that it's entirely dependent on your lnb if you have a 2.3m mesh dish, this particular lnb has run out of stock.i did manage to kept a few. but however, its also the precision of you lnb position and dish alignment.
    cong

Thanks

[QUOTE=cong;496395]i am in the west, and have been watching htv channels for 6 months, i know for facts that it's entirely dependent on your lnb if you have a 2.3m mesh dish, this particular lnb has run out of stock.i did manage to kept a few. but however, its also the precision of you lnb position and dish alignment.

Hello Cong.,
    Can you tell me which LNB you are talking about? I'm in Mel with a 2.3m dish but signale quality is not really good. Can this LNB you're talking about help with signal quality or do I need a 3m dish?
    Thaanks!

Thanks

[quote=montediesel;496530]
    Quote Originally Posted by cong View Post
    i am in the west, and have been watching htv channels for 6 months, i know for facts that it's entirely dependent on your lnb if you have a 2.3m mesh dish, this particular lnb has run out of stock.i did manage to kept a few. but however, its also the precision of you lnb position and dish alignment.

Hello Cong.,
    Can you tell me which LNB you are talking about? I'm in Mel with a 2.3m dish but signale quality is not really good. Can this LNB you're talking about help with signal quality or do I need a 3m dish?
    Thaanks!
    taking the time to align the dish and adjust skew is most important to get right first. This fang dangled LNB may help a little but dish size is what will win

Leroy

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,066 Times in 6,761 Posts

taking the time to align the dish and adjust skew is most important to get right first. This fang dangled LNB may help a little but dish size is what will win

Leroy
    Have to agree there.

Unless it's a very tight-tolerance phase-locked-loop LNB ($$$) then most 'standard' LNB's will have similar performance.

That extra few dB from a larger dish can make a huge difference with marginal signals.

The same with accurate alignment and skew adjustment.

Thanks

Default Vinasat1

Hi there,

You can receive C band from Vinasat1 almost anywhere in Australia( except for some isolated part in WA) with a 2.3 m dish and YES all the VTV and HTV plus VOV channels are still free on air.
    You will need a Mpeg4 receiver such as: Strong 4930 or Strong 4669X. you can pick one upfrom eBAY for $160. The best LNB for Vinasat1 is Strong brand as it more compatible with the signal.. I have tried many different one( the signals keep on/off).
    Everynight, if you blind scan you may pick up some more local( Vietnam) live channels as well- only lasted for a day

FYI, I live in Perth the signal i get on my 3m dish is 85%

Thanks

Default Want to watch HTV

Hi All,

I'm from Sydney Australia and have been watching VTV 1, 2, 3, 4, and 6 for the last couple of years.

Just found out that there are free HTV channels now to watch, so i called the same techie up who installed the dish for me before for a quote. He said it requires a complete new setup, he has to re-run the cable, and will cost about $1,500 AUD.

I've been reading all the post on this forum though i'm not sure if i can do this by myself instead of paying $1,500.

The size of the dish installed at my place is 1.6m in diameter, will this able to pick up HTV channels? Also current reception of VTVs channels at my place is not very good as i live close to Sydney airport.

Can someone tell me if it's worth for me to make the change? or i have no choice but to live with what i have?

Many thanks

Steve

• Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 LastLast