Thread: Foxtel IQ2 HD audio dropout

Thanks

Default Foxtel IQ2 HD audio dropout

I'm having an issue when watching Foxtel as the audio cuts/drops out for 0.5-1 second. I have the TV connected to the Foxtel STU via a HDMI cable. The TV is a brand new Sony Bravia (purchased last week). This happens intermittently when watching any channel via the Foxtel STU. It doesn't exist when watching free-to-air SD or HD channels (not through Foxtel STU). I've since called Foxtel and they've replaced my STU and smart card but the issue still remains.

I've attempted the following:

- Using optical audio cable for the audio and HDMI for the video
    - Using a different HDMI cable
    - Updating Foxtel firmware
    - Changing audio settings on TV & Foxtel

My question is does anyone have this issue currently or have experienced this in the past? What could be the problem and the most optimal solution?

Thanks in advance.

Look Here ->
    Thanks

Default audio drop outs

Are you saying that you experience audio drop outs when Foxtel is connected to the TV with HDMI cable AS WELL AS when you are using optical to amplifier ?

Any audio drop-outs through surround sound system when you are using optical ?

It could be an issue with HDMI cable ...

The first thing you need to do is try different HDMI cable, ideally 1.3b version.

Have you tried to connect other equipment to the same HDMI input ?

Thanks

Do you get any pixelllation with the image at the same time as the audio drops out? I noticed this on a friends IQ2 box and he thought it was something to do with the card updating slowly.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by IQtech View Post
    Are you saying that you experience audio drop outs when Foxtel is connected to the TV with HDMI cable AS WELL AS when you are using optical to amplifier ?

Any audio drop-outs through surround sound system when you are using optical ?

It could be an issue with HDMI cable ...

The first thing you need to do is try different HDMI cable, ideally 1.3b version.

Have you tried to connect other equipment to the same HDMI input ?
    I'm not using surround nor an amp. The optical cable was connected straight into the TV from the STU to circumvent using HDMI audio.

It's definitely not the HDMI cable - have used 3 different ones. Currently using a Foxtel HDMI 1.3b compliant cable with HDCP 1.1 supoort.

Yeah I have connected my PS3 to the TV. There is no problem. There is also no problem when watching SD/HD channels straight from the TV (i.e. not through Foxtel).

I believe the problem chiote2001 mentioned is the issue. Have a Foxtel technician coming tomorrow to take a look further as tech support are 'baffled'.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Leupold View Post
    I'm not using surround nor an amp. The optical cable was connected straight into the TV from the STU to circumvent using HDMI audio.
    if you are using optical from STU to TV, it does not make sesnce since you connected from one outup to another one on the TV.

Thanks

Default I have the same issue

Have you found a solution for this? I Just upgraded to a Sony Bravia from an old TV and I am getting the intermittent sound drop out with the IQ2. Just using the HDMI cable for aud and video.

Thanks for any advice

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Leupold View Post
    I'm having an issue when watching Foxtel as the audio cuts/drops out for 0.5-1 second. I have the TV connected to the Foxtel STU via a HDMI cable. The TV is a brand new Sony Bravia (purchased last week). This happens intermittently when watching any channel via the Foxtel STU. It doesn't exist when watching free-to-air SD or HD channels (not through Foxtel STU). I've since called Foxtel and they've replaced my STU and smart card but the issue still remains.

I've attempted the following:

- Using optical audio cable for the audio and HDMI for the video
    - Using a different HDMI cable
    - Updating Foxtel firmware
    - Changing audio settings on TV & Foxtel

My question is does anyone have this issue currently or have experienced this in the past? What could be the problem and the most optimal solution?

Thanks in advance.
    Having the same issue across 2 IQ boxes, connected in different ways, HDMI on 1 and RGB on the other, on different TV's. Foxtel don't have an answer and after having a tech out and getting charged for it, it wouldn't do it, seems to be a nighttime issue, but that might be because we don't watch TV during the day much. Has their been a solution? because fox's suggestion was to contact a local tech and ask about it.
    Seems to me their just trying to offload the problem to someone else.