Thread: DM500S + SCAM 3.29a setup steps?

Thanks

Default DM500S + SCAM 3.29a setup steps?

I've had a really good search on the forums (and via google), but I'm unable to find a description of how to setup scam.

I've got Gemini 4.2 on my new DM500S, and have downloaded/installed Scam 3.29a. I have it selected on the blue panel as the cam. I can see it running in the task list when I telnet to the dreambox. Unfortunately my silver card doesnt seem to be to be able to decrypt the Irdeto channels I'm trying to watch. I know the card is good, but it possible I might have to leave it in a while to bring it back up.

Is there a config file somewhere on the dreambox I have to update to tell it to use /dev/sci0 etc or any other config required?

I've used newcs in the past, and had to update a file on the box, so assumed I'd also have to with scam?

Look Here ->
    Thanks

Also, is there any command line options for running scam from telnet so I can see the output? or a log file somewhere?

I tried manually running it, but it forks the process into the background so I have no way to see its output. ie, newcs had a "-nd" parameter which would cause it to not fork into the background.