Thread: DM500 update EMM without ECM's

Thanks

Default DM500 update EMM without ECM's

I have a DM500 clone that I am using to serve my HTPC. I am using NewCS and MGCamd on the DM500.

Currently I have the DM500 tuned to a channel and set to send EMM's to my card but this also means that it is constantly sending ECM's as well to decode the channel that it's tuned to.

Is there any way to get the DM500 to update the entitlements without being tuned to a channel/sending ECM's? I don't like the idea that the box is hitting the card 24/7 unnecessarily.

Look Here ->
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by PeterM View Post
    I have a DM500 clone that I am using to serve my HTPC. I am using NewCS and MGCamd on the DM500.

Currently I have the DM500 tuned to a channel and set to send EMM's to my card but this also means that it is constantly sending ECM's as well to decode the channel that it's tuned to.

Is there any way to get the DM500 to update the entitlements without being tuned to a channel/sending ECM's? I don't like the idea that the box is hitting the card 24/7 unnecessarily.
    Why don't you like the box hitting your card 24/7?

Try putting your dreambox in standby, i *think* i've seen EMM's get sent even when in standby/not sending ECMs.

Premium Lager

Thanks
    Thanked 2,711 Times in 1,230 Posts

Disconnect the sat cable from lnb, that will take care of the requests
    __________________________________________________ __
    Statistically, if you wait long enough, everything will happen!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by PeterM View Post

Yes, easy.

Change to one of the FTA channels like EXPO or TVSN. They're free to air so don't have ecm's but do send emm's. I just tried both those channels and both are sending emm's.

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nexus For This Useful Post:

LeroyPatrol (24-08-11),millencolin (30-08-11)