Thread: Help to remove branding - iGo Primo...

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks

Unhappy [Solved] - Help to remove branding - iGo Primo...

Guys,

I'm new to this so forgive me if it's something simple.
    I have a 2din all-in-one unit fitted to my Sorento.

After upgrading from iGO 8 to Primo (15 Feb version) I had some common & I ended up downloading bazzle's 20 May version which resolved most of those.

My next dilemma is that the version I downloaded has an iGO 8 (another forum) loading screen & logo branding which I'm trying to remove.
    The annoying part is that the loading (splash) screen which I want to remove only occurs on the day map, on night map, the standard Primo night splash screen is displayed.

Want I want to have is the standard Primo splash screens for both day & night, & the (other forum) logo removed from the Help/About screen.

I've tried several approaches & can't manage to do it.
    It's really doing my head in!

What I have tried:

Replaced complete branding.zip with another which displays correct screens - no change.

Replaced complete data.zip with another - no change.

Tried to replace loading.bmp & logo.bmp inside data.zip - get error messages about resolution not supported.
    (If I replace or change anything at all inside data.zip I get the resolution not supported error message)
    When this happens, I have to reload my backup to the card & wait about 1/2 hour with power off until the unit resets.

Tried replacing the iGO.exe with another - no change.

All I've managed to change is part of the text (Web Address & Support Email) on the Help/About screen.

Very frustrating.
    What am I doing wrong?
    Last edited by HiroboFreak; 17-09-11 at 07:51 AM.

2. Look Here ->