Thread: Pay TV

Thanks

Default Pay TV

I have currently subscribed to Vision Asia for some Indian channels

Some details

Its digital and encrypted
    from Optus B3 Sat now D2
    This is from their site

Vision Asia delivers its services to subscribers via Optus B3 satellite on the Globecast Platform, using "Direct-To-Home" (DTH) technology. Subscriber service reception requires a small solid satellite dish, normally 85 cm diameter in most areas of Australia and New Zealand, together with a Digital Decoder and a Smartcard for service activation. The channels offered in the Vision Asia bouquet are digital and encrypted. The foot print of the service is available throughout Australia and New Zealand and can be made available through monthly subscription.

Info found on net

frequency: 12.658 V00000
    language: Hindi
    crypt: Irdeto
    mode: MPEG 2 (4:2:0)
    type: TV-DIG-CRYPT
    SR: 30000
    FEC: 2/3
    TID: 0
    NID: 0
    SID: 7
    V PID: 1760
    A PID: 1720
    PCR 4DTV: 1760

I intend to watch this on my Vista media centre. I have been advised there may be compatibility issues and I may not be able to use VMC is this true. which card/cam should I purchase.

Requirements
    Insert one Subscription card and be able to record two channels in VMC or watch one and record another

Questions

1. Do you know how to work around the compatibilities with cards
    2. Do I need to buy two cards and two subscription smart card to record 2 channels at the same time
    3. What is the compatibility issue with Vista media centre and can it be resolved with Reg patches

Alternative I was thinking about was to get a box with one Irdeto cam built in which can record two channels and can easily transfer videos to PC. Hopefully cheap and good.
    Dont have any experience in this area and would love any feedback

thanks

Look Here ->
    Thanks

No one?

Thanks

vista media centre currently has only one card that accepts dvbs natively, the floppyDTV dvbs/s2. I however do not recommend you do it this way, it is very expensive, and quite advanced to setup. There are also CAM incompatabilities that are hard to predict. You are much better off getting a dvbs STB for your CAM etc, and a separate MCE compliant analogue capture card. You can then set this card up in VMCE to capture whatever your STB is putting out.

You can even combine this with DVBT, though that again is a pretty advanced setup.

Poke around my sig to get you to a site where there is more about vmce/payTV setup.

here's my setanta(optusd2) setup in vmce along with dvbt.

Ive also incorporated it into the EPG

good luck

astro
    Astro's Shuttle XPC Barebone Cohort!
    *Proud former AMCC Defector*

Historia est vitae magistra

Thanks

MythTV with sasc-ng.

1 card if all channels are on the same transponder. 2 cards if you want to watch/record channels from 2 transponders at the same time. Check lyngsat to see what channels are on what transponders.

ProgDVB if you don't want to go down the windows path.
    By reading this, you have already given me control over a tiny slice of your mind

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Astrotoy7 View Post
    vista media centre currently has only one card that accepts dvbs natively, the floppyDTV dvbs/s2. I however do not recommend you do it this way, it is very expensive, and quite advanced to setup. There are also CAM incompatabilities that are hard to predict. You are much better off getting a dvbs STB for your CAM etc, and a separate MCE compliant analogue capture card. You can then set this card up in VMCE to capture whatever your STB is putting out.

You can even combine this with DVBT, though that again is a pretty advanced setup.

Poke around my sig to get you to a site where there is more about vmce/payTV setup.

here's my setanta(optusd2) setup in vmce along with dvbt.

Ive also incorporated it into the EPG

good luck

astro

thanks for the reply

Is this how you have set it up and for sentanta where so you source the EPg and how do you implement it? Also am I looking at a screenshot of VMC or mediaportal?

The costs I am considering are another box and card since the family uses up the current one

Box+card $249
    Hauppauage card $168
    Cables Prob will need scart to svideo: cost dont know

I currently have a compro DVB T300. Will this work? CApturing via composite works but gives poor video and the audio sounds like chipmonks for some reason. Dont know what I am doing wrong. The compro does not do hardware encode by the way. If I use a ir blaster can I use this card?
    I do have a canopus ADVC1394 on another Pc which I can transfer to this VMC box but its no tv tuner, its a dedicated capture device. Can I use this with VMC?

If not I am looking at an expense of about $450 anyway.

Option 2. install the
    twinhan dvb-s card $199
    cam- dont know which one to use by the way so a budget of $100
    what else??
    Supposedly mediaportal works with DVB-S and they also have a plugin I saw to install to use for VMC
    and
    this sounds cheaper
    Your thoughts?

Option three

Get dedicated STB-PVR to record 2 channels

You will have to recommend me one please

After you reply. I will weigh all my options I suppose and decide..

thanks again

All channels on the same transponder I suppose..