Thread: Battlefield 3 will not load

Thanks

Default Battlefield 3 will not load

Hi all,

I'm not if I should have used the BF3 thread already started or start my own thread, (mods please add to BF3 thread thathas already strated if need be)

We bought our son BF3 as a xmas present, Since that time we have not been able to launch the dam game......It will not launch Multiplayer, Co-op or Campaign.

I'm just about over it and so is my boy, we tried uninstalling twice without succes, each time means at least a 3 gig update for the frigging game, we have written to EA games and their latest suggestion to fix this problem is the following

Here you should do something with the é, in béta. Please change your game directory patch from C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Béta Battlefield 3 to C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Beta Battlefield 3 (Change the é to an e) And then change this in your regedit. You can type in windows start "regedit" without the "" Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\E A Games\BF3 Beta Right click on the GDFBinary and Install Dir, and modify. I am hopeful it will fix the error.

But we dont' have a beta verasion

The system we are running

I7 core cpu
    8gig of ram
    geForce gt 520 1g with the latest drivers
    Windows 7.

I'm at the stage where I will be demanding our money back from where we bought for the piece of shite.

If anyone has had the same issues and has found a fix it would be greatly appreciated if you could share it, cheers
    Democracy & Ignorance = A Winning Combination

Look Here ->
    Thanks

I havent had a single issue with my game.

Have you been able to actually load the game? What does load, the battle log (in game web browser page?)

What errors do you get?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by johnwinger View Post
    I havent had a single issue with my game.

Have you been able to actually load the game? What does load, the battle log (in game web browser page?)

What errors do you get?
    John thanks for the reply, I should have been more clear/specific in the first

We can install the game without any problems, once installed the game will update with the 3 gig update, however, This is when the problem starts...

The game simply will not launch in any of the modes campaign/co-op/multiplayer,

The only error message that appears is

"the game could launch, please make sure the game is installed properly"

Thanks

Hey Osci, have you actually looked in C drive to see if the folder name is "C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Béta Battlefield 3" or if is different, even thou you have the real version does not mean that the folder cannot be called that.

Have you tried the fix?
    Stop being so stupid.. it’s my turn!!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ageno2gen1 View Post
    Hey Osci, have you actually looked in C drive to see if the folder name is "C:Program Files (x86)Origin GamesBéta Battlefield 3" or if is different, even thou you have the real version does not mean that the folder cannot be called that.

Have you tried the fix?
    Thanks for the reply ageno,

There is a major difference between your's and mine!!

There is NO mention or a can't see anywhere that my version is a beta version, mine is located as follows

C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Battlefield3

the fixes that the EA experts have sent us have not worked, One fix I came across last night was to remove the TM (trade mark) from BF3 in regedit but to no avail.

I don't know how significant the difference in the address you poste and what I posted is?

Thanks

I dont own the game but have had game's that werent beta but still had a folder called beta in it.
    Next thing to do is make sure all your software is up to date, ethernet and audio drivers, .NET framework is up to date, directx, physx, OpenAL and even make sure you have "games for windows live" updated.

Download a program called gamebooster and run this before bf3, this will shut down alot of non essential background programs which could be stopping it. Also shut you antivirus down to make sure it isnt stopping it.
    Stop being so stupid.. it’s my turn!!

Thanks

Hi.. Is there a safe mode in that start menu?

Also update every driver possible. You will find 99% it graphic driver related. I would search for your graphics card model and battle 3 in google to see if anyone else is suffering.

And if not graphic you will find its audio
    For wholesale prices on your wedding gifts visit

Priceless Weddings

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Decapper For This Useful Post:

osci (14-01-12),stuballs (14-01-12)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Decapper View Post
    Hi.. Is there a safe mode in that start menu?

Also update every driver possible. You will find 99% it graphic driver related. I would search for your graphics card model and battle 3 in google to see if anyone else is suffering.

And if not graphic you will find its audio
    Thanks for the reply Decapper, I was going to unistall the graphics card driver tonight and instead of updating from the disk I will try and let it search the internet and update directly from there and see how it goes.....I try the search phrase you have suggested and se if that turns up anything.

cheers

Thanks

I had a quick look at your graphics card and its on the lower end of the scale to be able to handle the game. I am thinking that your graphics card is the problem. This game is very graphics intensive.

Go to this website and select Battlefield 3 from the dropdown list and let us know if it tells you that your PC can run this game.

Download the latest Nvidia graphics drivers from here, select yours from the list or use the search function.

Allot of people had to upgrade their PCs in order to play this game at a decent quality. How old is your PC?

Thanks

Do you know what motherboard you have? Might have to purchase a new graphics card.

Thanks

Hi all, Thanks heaps for your responses...

You'll be please to know WE HAVE FOUND A FIX for the error game could not launch.....my son was at his wits end late today, when he did a random search as a last ditch effort before we took the game back for a refund tomorrow.

He found this webpage which gave him the answer or at least prompted him to try something which EA hadn't even touched upon.

The fix involves uninstalling the "plugin which launches the game from battlelog" and then reinstalling that plugin" as soon as he did this he was able to launch all game modes, multiplayer/co-op & campaign.

I just can't believe the EA tech's would have overlooked something like this, we had uninstalled and reinstalle the game at least 4 times since xmas day, whicch meant each time we reinstalle it was a 3 gig game update so that was 12 gig of our monthly d/l limit of useless fixes from the EA tech's.

again, thanks heaps for your responses, I really appreciate it.

Thanks

That's great news, makes you think why didn't tech support suggest this?

That plugin gets updated every now and then, mines been updated about 5 times since I first installed the game. How does the game look on your PC? People said that your graphics card would struggle?

Thanks

John again thanks heaps for your responses,

On the graphics card we are running we obviously cannot run the ultra settings (I wish thoough )

However we are able to run medium settings and to me and this is only my opinion, the graphics still look brillant, I know the high ends cards will give you much mor details at he ultra settings but for the moment we can live with it, my boy is saving his money so he can get a card that will allow us to run the game at the ultra setting.

• The Following User Says Thank You to osci For This Useful Post:

johnwinger (17-01-12)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by osci View Post
    John again thanks heaps for your responses,

On the graphics card we are running we obviously cannot run the ultra settings (I wish thoough )

However we are able to run medium settings and to me and this is only my opinion, the graphics still look brillant, I know the high ends cards will give you much mor details at he ultra settings but for the moment we can live with it, my boy is saving his money so he can get a card that will allow us to run the game at the ultra setting.
    The longer he saves for the better card he will be able to buy Budget around $400 and he will easily be right when the time comes. I'll help you compare cards if you need help.

• The Following User Says Thank You to johnwinger For This Useful Post:

osci (18-01-12)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by osci View Post
    ... we had uninstalled and reinstalle the game at least 4 times since xmas day, whicch meant each time we reinstalle it was a 3 gig game update so that was 12 gig of our monthly d/l limit....
    Bit late now, but for the future, BF3 has a nice function like "repair". That way you do not need to download the updates as it is already on your PC. Open Origin, right click on BF3 icone and choose "Repair install" That will reinstall the game, download newer updates if availible and update the lot.

Cheers
    "Politics is a bit like religion, everyone expects his/her "salvation" for their own private problems"
    "When you argue with idiots, they drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience."

Thanks

Actually you might be suprised at the lack of big improvement to the graphics between medium and high (check some screenshots online for comparison)

Alot of it is simply draw distance (eg perhaps on high detail small pebbles are visible up to 50metres away - on medium you see the same pebbles but perhaps only to a radius of 30metres)

At close range nearly everything looks very very similar nomatter the settings (notice I said mostly lol, eg SSAO,HBAO are either on or off - but lots of the other graphics settings are just draw distance based)

PS dont forget to click "update" on Origin also every so often (same way as the post above mentions for repair, theres another option to check for updates)

Also download the punkbuster web updater from punkbuster and run it periodically - seems more reliable than waiting for pb updates ingame (solved alot of other players crashes on another issue a couple months back)

Thanks

We have a member that has had problems with the lastest nvidia drivers making the game shit itself. So might be worth a try of some older drivers