Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: UltraPlus 900HD / X-9200HD firmware version 2.10.11 & Plugins - New Internet TV UI

Thanks

@ leroy I'm well aware that 22 nov is the best at the moment. each time a new one is released /like wise with firmwares I upgrade in the hope the box will actualy work reliably. which is generally why a new release is made, to fix bugs

I agree, great host of features and blows the Austar box out of the water in this area.

but the simple basics dont work properly. atleast on the austar box you dont need to restart it daily and browsing the 7 day epg can be done without fear of crash.

this is whats agro-ing me the most, each update released doesn't seem to address any of these basic operation issues, some cases stability is worse. on top of this there's a mirad of new features & addons. I do love addons , but it's kind of pointless focusing stack of development time on this when the basics don't work properly.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by apsattv View Post
    Try the Finland channels
    They work ok...is there someway of saving all the Internet files back onto a stick?
    I have just spent quite a while editing all the names to something I can understand and would like to retain that editing in case I have to start all over again.
    The 900 only recognizes 'url_list.txt' as you would know so those 'internet.feed' files I just rename them and they upload ok. I even joined a couple together using Notepad and they still loaded ok.

Thanks
    Thanked 4,710 Times in 2,797 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kaygill View Post
    They work ok...is there someway of saving all the Internet files back onto a stick?
    I have just spent quite a while editing all the names to something I can understand and would like to retain that editing in case I have to start all over again.
    The 900 only recognizes 'url_list.txt' as you would know so those 'internet.feed' files I just rename them and they upload ok. I even joined a couple together using Notepad and they still loaded ok.
    You can ftp the internet.feed file.

Leroy
    XCRUISER HDSR600HD twin sat and terrestrial receiver $OOS *
    XCRUISER HDSR385 Avant - sold out$OOS UltraPlus DVB-T and DVB-S2 tuners $49 Remotes $OOS

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by LeroyPatrol View Post

Leroy
    Could you list the way how please LeRoy? Under Data Transfer I can 'transfer all system data to usb storage' but I don't think that is what you mean. Under 'Internet Tv' I don't see any way to do this unless I am missing something.
    Thanks

Thanks

ATM Filmon - Martial Arts channel has US Army ultimate fighter style training, interesting stuff. Sunday, 11.40pm AEST.
    Last edited by Keepleft; 19-02-12 at 11:40 AM.
    5th Wyking Panzer Division

Thanks

Leroy
    Sorry to ask again Leroy but how do you do that FTP using the STB. Got me stumped
    TNX if you will

Thanks

Download a FTP program like filezilla and install on your PC.
    You'll need your receiver connected to your home network. If you have DHCP enabled on your network you can see the IP address of the UltraPlus in the Network menu.
    When you start Filezilla you put this in the host field, the username and password is root and ultraplus.
    then when it connects you'll see the files on the PC on the left hand pane and the files on the ultraplus on the right hand side.

Leroy
    XCRUISER HDSR385 Avant - sold out$OOS UltraPlus DVB-T and DVB-S2 tuners $49 Remotes $OOS

Thanks

Download a FTP program like filezilla and install on your PC.
    You'll need your receiver connected to your home network. If you have DHCP enabled on your network you can see the IP address of the UltraPlus in the Network menu.
    When you start Filezilla you put this in the host field, the username and password is root and ultraplus.
    then when it connects you'll see the files on the PC on the left hand pane and the files on the ultraplus on the right hand side.

Leroy
    Gotcha LeRoy,
    Now the files have to me strange extensions. Which one is the Internet files?
    Two files under 'bin' and 25 under 'modules'. Only one txt file but it hasn't got the internet stations in there.
    Thanks for your help

Thanks

My box is still going ok with the November FW. I haven't upgraded to the latest one as it took me way too long to arrange all the channels into the order I wanted and apparently the latest update changes the channel list or something.?? (I got confused reading about it)
    Stupid question time...will doing a scan erase my current channel order or will it just add whatever is new on top of what's already there?? I want to add the new A&E and FX channels but I don't want to lose my channel list that took forever to do.

Also, I don't suppose there is a way to access these machines via the internet and be able to set a timer recording on it remotely from another location?? (sort of like IQ, Crapstar & some terrestrial boxes can do)

Just thought I'd ask.
    Thanks.

Thanks

A scan should just add them. Can't set the timer via the net.

Leroy

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mrtw View Post
    My box is still going ok with the November FW. I haven't upgraded to the latest one as it took me way too long to arrange all the channels into the order I wanted and apparently the latest update changes the channel list or something.?? (I got confused reading about it)
    Stupid question time...will doing a scan erase my current channel order or will it just add whatever is new on top of what's already there?? I want to add the new A&E and FX channels but I don't want to lose my channel list that took forever to do.
    Yes I lost the channel ordering after the latest update, but Leroy in a post right here with screenshots explained how to correct this issue (see his post 07-02-12, 11:43 AM a few pages back).

• The Following User Says Thank You to gustov For This Useful Post:

mrtw (29-02-12)

Thanks

Default X-9200 HD PVR or HD8200s HD PVR?

What is the difference between the Ultra Plus X-9299HD PVR and the Mediastar HD8220s? The specs and cataloge look identical, is one just a rebrand of the other? Where do I get the best price?
    Drep

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by drep View Post
    What is the difference between the Ultra Plus X-9299HD PVR and the Mediastar HD8220s? The specs and cataloge look identical, is one just a rebrand of the other? Where do I get the best price?
    Drep
    The both come from the same factory and are essentially the same receiver. The 8200 comes with one sat and one terrestrial tuner. The 9200 comes with 2 sat tuners. The 8200 has 1 yr warranty, the 9200 has 2 years warranty.

Leroy

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by drep View Post
    Drep
    As Leroy has stated they are both the same with the only difference is that mediastar customize there firmwares and at the moment don't have the internet TV UI ..The last Mediastar firmware was v1.09.35 Aug 9 2011.
    So if your looking to buy one buy the ultraplus. My bigest mistake was buying a mediastar.

Thanks

Brought up a photo from connected HDD. Red button says it will save that picture as wallpaper for radio service. Doesn't happen. Sounds like a good idea, as do most Ultraplus functions, unfortunately like most Ultraplus functions, it doesn't work properly

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Scratcher View Post
    Brought up a photo from connected HDD. Red button says it will save that picture as wallpaper for radio service. Doesn't happen. Sounds like a good idea, as do most Ultraplus functions, unfortunately like most Ultraplus functions, it doesn't work properly
    Yeh they're a crap box. I really don't know why you don't pack it up and send it back to where you bought it from lol

It seems it's mostly the Kiwi's that complain so much!

I challenge you to find a better receiver with all the same functionality.

Leroy

Thanks

Yeh they're a crap box. I really don't know why you don't pack it up and send it back to where you bought it from lol

It seems it's mostly the Kiwi's that complain so much!

I challenge you to find a better receiver with all the same functionality.

Leroy
    Sure, as I said, it has great functions. Just a pity they have so many issues. Can't really set it to record something as you're never sure whether it's going to crash before then.
    If all the crashing and locking up issues were sorted, it would definitely be worth its weight in gold.
    As for only the Kiwis complaining, are you saying we should just put up with these faults and say nothing?

Thanks

Sure, as I said, it has great functions. Just a pity they have so many issues. Can't really set it to record something as you're never sure whether it's going to crash before then.
    If all the crashing and locking up issues were sorted, it would definitely be worth its weight in gold.
    As for only the Kiwis complaining, are you saying we should just put up with these faults and say nothing?
    I'm watching a recorded program that I set with a timer as I type thi and I'm always using the timeshift function. Maybe it's something to do with your timezone
    I've had so many receivers over the years and am probably more critical than many when it comes to receiver issues/bugs. You have to report them but it seems to be the same few people that have the issues.

There is a thread by kaygill and he's been having issues but it might be worth asking him what the seller did to fix his issue and posting in that thread.

Leroy

Thanks

I'm watching a recorded program that I set with a timer as I type thi and I'm always using the timeshift function. Maybe it's something to do with your timezone
    I've had so many receivers over the years and am probably more critical than many when it comes to receiver issues/bugs. You have to report them but it seems to be the same few people that have the issues.

There is a thread by kaygill and he's been having issues but it might be worth asking him what the seller did to fix his issue and posting in that thread.

Leroy
    His fix is to turn timeshift off. Great...
    Can you save a photo to the wallpaper on radio service?

Thanks

His fix is to turn timeshift off. Great...
    Can you save a photo to the wallpaper on radio service?
    I'm using a 9200 and timeshift isn't causing me an issue and it wasn't on the other models for me either.

If I find a moment I will try the wallpaper thing but is it really a show stopper?

If it's really important for you then I would drop back to an earlier firmware version to see if it's an issue and then report to your place of purchase.

Important bugs I raise with the supplier and they are fixed in a relatively timely fashion. I can't say that happens ofter with other brands.

Leroy

• Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast