Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: UltraPlus 900HD / X-9200HD firmware version 2.10.11 & Plugins - New Internet TV UI

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by LeroyPatrol View Post
    I'm using a 9200 and timeshift isn't causing me an issue and it wasn't on the other models for me either.

If I find a moment I will try the wallpaper thing but is it really a show stopper?

If it's really important for you then I would drop back to an earlier firmware version to see if it's an issue and then report to your place of purchase.

Important bugs I raise with the supplier and they are fixed in a relatively timely fashion. I can't say that happens ofter with other brands.

Leroy
    I don't really care about the wallpaper, but if it doesn't work, why have it. And if no one says anything it will stay that way.
    People have been complaining about the signal level meters for a long time. Nothing has changed there. That would be great to get working

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by LeroyPatrol View Post
    Yeh they're a crap box. I really don't know why you don't pack it up and send it back to where you bought it from lol

It seems it's mostly the Kiwi's that complain so much!

I challenge you to find a better receiver with all the same functionality.

Leroy
    Now now LeRoy you are main man as far as this forum is concerned and your replies to us 'niggley' Kiwi's is very much appreciated I can tell you. Maybe it's in our nature to just get 'pissed' off with things that don't work properly. The Ultraplus does for sure have great features, and probably more to come but for me this freezing thing has just been a pain and hard to wear.
    As I said in my other thread I have turned the Time shift to OFF to see if it fixes it. It seems to be matter of trial and error.
    As you mentioned the new firmware update due out soon may solve this.
    Then again I may just have a faulty box....will wait and see so keep supplying us kiwis with your valued advise and I hope the other guys who just put up with these problems learn something
    Cheers

Thanks
    Thanked 4,710 Times in 2,797 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kaygill View Post
    Now now LeRoy you are main man as far as this forum is concerned and your replies to us 'niggley' Kiwi's is very much appreciated I can tell you. Maybe it's in our nature to just get 'pissed' off with things that don't work properly. The Ultraplus does for sure have great features, and probably more to come but for me this freezing thing has just been a pain and hard to wear.
    As I said in my other thread I have turned the Time shift to OFF to see if it fixes it. It seems to be matter of trial and error.
    As you mentioned the new firmware update due out soon may solve this.
    Then again I may just have a faulty box....will wait and see so keep supplying us kiwis with your valued advise and I hope the other guys who just put up with these problems learn something
    Cheers
    I actually think it's great you guys have jumped the ditch to be apart of this forum. There's some very creative feed hunters in N.Z. with bid Ku dish setups that come here now.

Leroy
    XCRUISER HDSR600HD twin sat and terrestrial receiver $OOS *
    XCRUISER HDSR385 Avant - sold out$OOS UltraPlus DVB-T and DVB-S2 tuners $49 Remotes $OOS

Thanks

Any news on the new firmware from Ultraplus?

Seems to have been a couple of new releases on the Octagon forum since 2.10.11 - latest version being 2.10.22 on 7th March and prior to that 2.10.18 on 21st February.

Thanks

I had been reluctant to upgrade to this firmware but have finally done so. Well, I should have done it earlier. My seagate goflex 1tb external drive would lock up the F-9000 and now thus x-9200. Since updating the firmware to this one, the machine doesnt lock up and I can play the media files fine. So far I havent found any it wont play. Ones that played with a smaller hard drive but wouldnt play the sound now play fine. Was well worth updating

• The Following User Says Thank You to Gilco2 For This Useful Post:

LeroyPatrol (17-03-12)

Thanks

Latest MCAS and Xcamclient plugins can be found

......Leroy
    XCRUISER HDSR385 Avant - sold out$OOS UltraPlus DVB-T and DVB-S2 tuners $49 Remotes $OOS

Thanks

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by L45er View Post
    Any news on the new firmware from Ultraplus?

Seems to have been a couple of new releases on the Octagon forum since 2.10.11 - latest version being 2.10.22 on 7th March and prior to that 2.10.18 on 21st February.
    There are some coming out. I am running v2.10.29. (dont ask, cant tell) it shouldnt be too much longer before being on sites. It has full series record which works really well. Internet radio also works well. It has weather and it actually shows my city. The main menu for settings etc has icon view. Not sure if it was in earlier versions and it is really nice. So far all going well. So hang in there as it is well worth the wait

• The Following User Says Thank You to Gilco2 For This Useful Post:

Windy (29-03-12)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Gilco2 View Post
    There are some coming out. I am running v2.10.29. (dont ask, cant tell) it shouldnt be too much longer before being on sites. It has full series record which works really well. Internet radio also works well. It has weather and it actually shows my city. The main menu for settings etc has icon view. Not sure if it was in earlier versions and it is really nice. So far all going well. So hang in there as it is well worth the wait
    It doesn't lock up on you? I'm getting tired of resetting mine, missing timer recordings due to box freezing before recording time etc

Thanks

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Scratcher View Post
    It doesn't lock up on you? I'm getting tired of resetting mine, missing timer recordings due to box freezing before recording time etc
    when I first installed this firmware I had it lock up when trying the weather app. I did factory reset which I normally do when putting new firmware, but hadnt done so this time, and no lockup since. It was only on that weather app but all good. No lockups and no missed recordings yet. Mind you I dont have any extra cards in this. I only have freeview and the sbs channels

Thanks

Default New firmware problem

Two problems for me with this firmware:
    1. I can no longer record anything at all - I get the message: "Record Fail (on Hard Disk) Check disk at Storage Menu".
    2. I can no longer view any SBS channels from here in NZ.
    Going back to earlier firmware removes these problems, and on re-installing the new firmware the problems return.
    Any comments of fixes?

Thanks

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by richardgh100 View Post
    1. I can no longer record anything at all - I get the message: "Record Fail (on Hard Disk) Check disk at Storage Menu".
    Going back to earlier firmware removes these problems, and on re-installing the new firmware the problems return.
    Any comments of fixes?
    what firmware are you running. I am on v2.10.29 and dont have any of those problems and also viewing sbs channels fine. And I like the way it puts the recorded programs in their own folder

Thanks

Any comments of fixes?
    Did you do a system restore to factory defaults after the fw upgrade?

Leroy

Thanks

Yes, I did a system restore.
    It seems an odd combination of problems.

Thanks

Any comments of fixes?
    After some previous upgrades, I had the same message about disk. I had to reformat HDD. Lost everything. Now I unplug HDD when I update firmware

Thanks

Default sky nz 01 card

Hi Gilco2 (& others)
    I see you are in NZ, does the new firmware you are running allow you to use skynz cards starting with 01 in the ultraplus? I am trying to get mine working and it appears only skynz cards starting with 00 will work with current mcas software.
    I have also seen on other forums people trying to get skynz cards with 17? & 01 working on their pc's using card readers with some success but they used hex editors? or other methods to get the correct code from their skynz card to enable the readers to work.
    In the ultraplus mcas software it looks like there is an inbuilt editor where you can type in numbers etc to get cards working? has anyone done this successfully and got their sky nz cards working?
    Hopefully someone can help or I am going to have to try and get a 00 card from sky somehow and I dont like my chances!

Thanks

Only 0000xxx cards from what I hear. The 'hex editor' you are seeing is a keys menu.

Leroy

Thanks

Default New firmware problem

Hello Gilco2 and others
    I was trying to upgrade firmware to 2.10.11.Feb2012 and now use 2.09.87.2011Dec.
    I will try the Feb firmware again.

I too have a Sky card 01xxxxx which I cannot get to work.
    Thanks Leroy for your generosity to me and this for

Thanks

Still no timeframe on any new firmware releases?

My 2.10.11 still likes to lock up daily (using Nov11 MCAS with Aus*) - particularly when left on overnight or after getting info for the EPG. Would love to be able to set up timers without fear of losing them after a lockup.

Thanks

You should be on 2.10.29 by now

Perhaps Leroy hasn't had time to post it?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by apsattv View Post
    You should be on 2.10.29 by now

Perhaps Leroy hasn't had time to post it?
    Where did you get it from Craig? I'm tired of having to give my box a daily (or more) japanese reset. No point in setting timer record. Box will almost certainly need a reboot before program comes on.

• Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast