Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: DAS Hills Comnav

Thanks

Default ComNav Login issue ...

Quote Originally Posted by bjsab1 View Post
    Hello

Apologies for bringing up an old thread.

I have setup my ComNav V2 as advised below. I can see the IP address and ping is successful, also the red light on the ComNav panel is shining constant red indicating it is connected to the cloud. However, when I get to the stage of logging in with my local computer web browser, I get the following message only:

404: File not found
    Use MPFS Upload to program web pages

I am at a loss what to do next. I have tried different web browsers and computers with the same result. I have entered in the program mode via keypad, disabled secure https, enabled web programming.

Does anyone have any suggestions? Your help is most appreciated.

Regards

Did you resolve your issue bjsab1 ?

Sounds like a browser connection issue perhaps.

Some questions for you...
    1. Are you trying to login in ussin https ? Eg.
    2. If using https, are you getting an "..unsupported protocol" or cipher mismatch warning?
    3. Have you tried logging in with

Cheers

Thanks

Hi guys,

I have the Hills Reliance alarm and XConnect. I have been using it for 2 years.

All of a sudden today when accessing the Xconnect from my smartphone I am getting internal error 104 and cant use it.

Any ideas?

Thanks
    http://beta.speedtest.net/result/6543526489.png
    Cheers, Slattery - Running on Optus NBN FTTP @ 100/40 mbps

Thanks

I can’t use the xConnect App since updating my iPhone to ios11... the app is out of date and not compatible. Doesn’t sound like the problem you’re having, but maybe someone solving yours might be able to help me!

Thanks

Default Mobile App. for Hills ComNav

Quote Originally Posted by travb81 View Post
    I can’t use the xConnect App since updating my iPhone to ios11... the app is out of date and not compatible. Doesn’t sound like the problem you’re having, but maybe someone solving yours might be able to help me!
    Try the UltraConnect application which is developed by UHS Pty Ltd. This is the application recommended by the security installers for the Hills ComNav and should be available for iOS and Android devices. I don't think the xConnect app is being developed anymore. The interface looks the same as xConnect, so should be just as easy to use.
    Last edited by YesMan; 12-11-17 at 02:57 PM.

Thanks

Thanks, UltraConnect seems to work differently though.
    Instead of asking for an IP address, it's wanting a Serial Number.
    I'm not having any luck having this work.
    I can't see how this would outside my network. How's the app going to talk to my router, without an IP?

Thanks

Probably via the cloud server and the serial number that gets seen/registered to identify the device.

Thanks

Default UltraConnect app with Hills ComNav

I can't see how this would outside my network. How's the app going to talk to my router, without an IP?
    The 8 digit pin code, set in the installer account of your ComNav, needs to be configured first before you can configure your UltraConnect app with the serial number. Consider the serial number to be the username and the pin as the passcode, if that helps you understand. As good practice, make sure you don't use the same code as one of your existing user codes, particularly your installer and admin codes.

You can get this serial number by reading it off the ComNav PCB module (please be static aware when handling your ComNav module.....never handle it when powered). I don't remember if the MAC address is on there as well, if it is I would grab that information as well.

As far as IP addressing is concerned, leave the ComNav configuration to get its IP address via DHCP from your local network. Statically assign an IP address on your internet router (which has its own DHCP server) to your ComNav, by binding the ComNav MAC address to an IP address. What you will find is that the ComNav connects to a cloud server managed by Hills, which allows it to connect the UltraConnect app to your ComNav module via the internet, using the magic of DDNS 😁.

Personally I don't really like the way the authentication is set up with the ComNav for a few reasons:
    - If the serial number is known, you can't change your unique login identifier. A seperate changeable username should have been implemented for this function.
    - If a brute force attack was implemented on the 8 digit code, through a breach of the Hills servers for the ComNav, there is only the 8 digit code to stop a network intruder from access. You may get log entries of multiple failed login attempts, but how many ComNav users actually check the logs??? This is probably very unlikely scenario, but potentially possible.

See how you go setting the PIN and I can always assist further if necessary.

Cheers.

Thanks

Default Hills ComNav - Web Access Passcode

It sounds like you need to enable the Advanced Configuration mode of the ComNav from the keypad, which will enable a 'Network Settings' section in your ComNav GUI.

This will enable extra settings in the ComNav GUI when you log in with the installer username and password. In this section there is a 'Web Access Passcode' that you need to change, the default is '00000000' which disables remote access. These instructions should have come with your ComNav module. If you don't have one, Google 'S2096A_InstallManual' and look at 'allowing remote access' section.

Once all configured correctly, update and test the your mobile app configurations, then disable the Advanced Configuration mode from the keypad to prevent remote web access to your Network Settings menu.

Thanks

All, for what its worth, I have been using the Comnav (aka NX-595E) for a number of years in my Reliance R8 panel (NX-8V2). I recently sent it down to DAS for a firmware upgrade (Firmware: A55P003000-07, Hardware: NX595EGEN3, Bootload: B0400003, Web Version: CN_0.108-m, Voice: 0.7) as my original firmware did not allow me to set zone names. The iOS app I prefer to use is the UltraSync + (SmartHome) app (). It seems to be more regularly updated and is a much more modern interface. I also have this working with push notifications. To configure push notifications to your iOS device, you enter the 'Destination Name' (looks like <phonename>@xxx.x) into an email address field in the Comnav config. Works a treat!
    Last edited by alarmsolo; 08-12-17 at 10:48 PM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by alarmsolo View Post
    All, for what its worth, I have been using the Comnav (aka NX-595E) for a number of years in my Reliance R8 panel (NX-8V2). I recently sent it down to DAS for a firmware upgrade (Firmware: A55P003000-07, Hardware: NX595EGEN3, Bootload: B0400003, Web Version: CN_0.108-m, Voice: 0.7) as my original firmware did not allow me to set zone names. The iOS app I prefer to use is the UltraSync + (SmartHome) app (). It seems to be more regularly updated and is a much more modern interface. I also have this working with push notifications. To configure push notifications to your iOS device, you enter the 'Destination Name' (looks like <phonename>@xxx.x) into an email address field in the Comnav config. Works a treat!

Hello alarmsolo,

Great that you have your app working and with push notifications too. iOS and Android apps can have different user experiences, as the GUI and features can be implemented differently. As the push notifications seems to be the feature that a lot of users seem to have problems with, could you be more specific about the push configuration details? E.g. is " <phonename>@xxx.x' an email address provided by the user, or is it generated by the app? Does the Geo Actions feature work with your app and current ComNav firmware? Does the "Check Status on Leaving" feature work?

Thanks

Default trying to connect via ultraconnect

trying to connect but dont know the passcode. is it because I am on a different firmware level?

Manual seems to have a whole lot more features?

serial number was ok, but still need the xconnect passcode

Are my firmware levels ok?

Thanks

passcode might be your normal alarm user code or installer code

Thanks

Passcode might be the web access passcode. If it is set to all zero's it will disable remote access.

Thanks

Default ComNav passcode for xConnect mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by hillsnewinstall View Post
    trying to connect but dont know the passcode. is it because I am on a different firmware level?

Manual seems to have a whole lot more features?

serial number was ok, but still need the xconnect passcode

Are my firmware levels ok?

See my previous post on 23-01-17, 10:35 PM to see if that helps. When the web access passcode is all 0's the feature is disabled, so you need to configure a new numerical code, which is different from your alarm user PIN code. Some of your screenshots look different, but that is no surprise as there are different firmware revisions. It looks like you have one of the earlier firmware versions as the web update radio button is present in your screen shot...I don't think that is present in in later versions, nor has the web update feature ever worked. You may also want to make sure your time update setting is on, otherwise you could end up with a time drift in your alarm logs.
    Last edited by YesMan; 13-01-18 at 10:02 PM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by YesMan View Post
    Hello alarmsolo,

Great that you have your app working and with push notifications too. iOS and Android apps can have different user experiences, as the GUI and features can be implemented differently. As the push notifications seems to be the feature that a lot of users seem to have problems with, could you be more specific about the push configuration details? E.g. is " <phonename>@xxx.x' an email address provided by the user, or is it generated by the app? Does the Geo Actions feature work with your app and current ComNav firmware? Does the "Check Status on Leaving" feature work?
    Hi Yesman,
    Sorry, I haven't been back to the forum for a while.

To setup push notifications:
    Step 1: Open UltraSync+ ()
    Step 2: Add your site (ComNav) - won't go into those steps here as they are the same as the other ComNav apps such as Xconnect etc.
    Step 3: Click on the (i) in the top right of the site you have added
    Step 4: Go to 'Notification Settings' and turn on 'Push Notiifcations'. This will give you a UPN to use in your ComNav configuration note this down. It will look something like phonename@xxx.x. Nb. this is case sensitive.

In your ComNav admin portal:
    Step 1: Go to Email settings
    Step 2: Add the UPN that you got in Step 4 above in one of the three email address fields. You can have up to three.
    Step 3: Select the events that you want push notifications for.

That's it!

Edit: I have only got this to work on iOS devices. Not sure about Android sorry.
    Last edited by alarmsolo; 28-01-18 at 10:16 PM.

Thanks

Hi Yesman,
    Step 4: Go to 'Notification Settings' and turn on 'Push Notiifcations'. This will give you a UPN to use in your ComNav configuration note this down. It will look something like phonename@xxx.x. Nb. this is case sensitive.

Step 2: Add the UPN that you got in Step 4 above in one of the three email address fields. You can have up to three.
    Hi there I just wanted to clarify something regarding the UPN. Do I just put the UPN given into the email address field?

Do I need to enable anything at IP reporting? It has a dropdown option for xConnect (although I am using the UltraConnect app).

So far, I have managed to put the UPN etc into the ComNav config bit, but still not getting any push notifications. All boxes are ticked for reporting.

I really appreciate any help!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Georgie3 View Post
    Hi there I just wanted to clarify something regarding the UPN. Do I just put the UPN given into the email address field?

Do I need to enable anything at IP reporting? It has a dropdown option for xConnect (although I am using the UltraConnect app).

So far, I have managed to put the UPN etc into the ComNav config bit, but still not getting any push notifications. All boxes are ticked for reporting.

I really appreciate any help!
    In the Xconnect or Ultraconnect apps, you simply need to enter the UPN into the email address field in the Email section of the config. Nb. these are case sensitive, and I have had cases where what I think it a capital 'I' is actually a lower case 'L'....so make sure you get that right.

As for the IP Reporting section, you can leave those disabled as they are not relevant to the push notifications.

• The Following User Says Thank You to alarmsolo For This Useful Post:

Georgie3 (03-04-18)

Thanks

Default UltraConnect Android app push notifications

Hi Yesman,
    Sorry, I haven't been back to the forum for a while.

To setup push notifications:
    Step 1: Open UltraSync+ ()
    Step 2: Add your site (ComNav) - won't go into those steps here as they are the same as the other ComNav apps such as Xconnect etc.
    Step 3: Click on the (i) in the top right of the site you have added

In your ComNav admin portal:
    Step 1: Go to Email settings
    Step 3: Select the events that you want push notifications for.

That's it!

Edit: I have only got this to work on iOS devices. Not sure about Android sorry.

I would like to add that I have tried the UltraConnect app, on Android (8.0). Push notifications work on Android with UltraConnect and notifications are quicker than receiving a separate notification email. Cheers for your post alarmsolo.

• The Following User Says Thank You to YesMan For This Useful Post:

Georgie3 (03-04-18)

Thanks

@YesMan @alarmsolo

Thank you so much for such considered and prompt responses!

I will have a go at setting it up again when I get home tonight.

I was relying heavily on the email messages without realising there was push notifications.

Edited to include the following:
    Is there any additional requirement to the User setting to allow for push notifications?
    Last edited by Georgie3; 03-04-18 at 01:58 PM.

Thanks

...phonename@xxx.x.
    What happens in the event my phonename@xxx.x is the same as someone else somewhere out there? Will they end up getting my notifications?

• Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast