Thread: Solution 880 Alarm and TPG

Thanks

Default Solution 880 Alarm and TPG

Hi guys,

I am new here so hope this isn't a stupid question.

We have a Solution 880 back to base alarm system set up at our house. It is set up to call a mobile number if the alarm goes off. We want to get TPG home phone and internet and have been told by TPG that they do not support a place that has a back to base alarm set up.

I was thinking to get around this problem the best way would be to disconnect the phone line directly from the unit so it is no longer connected to the phone line.

Do you know if this will cause the alarm to go off? I have been told by Bosch technical support that the alarm will go off and will continue to flash until I enter an installer code to disconnect it. Is that right?

Any help or suggestions will be appreciated.
    Thanks

Look Here ->
    Banned
    Thanks

Cool

Well it may set the alarm off if it has been programmed to sound the siren on telephone line fail but I wouldn't expect that to be the case. The most it will probably do is bring up a fault condition on the code pad together with an annoying beep every 30 secs. The dialler can be disabled in installer programming.
    What is interesting is how (as an end user) you got Bosch Tech Support to talk to you.

Thanks

Why don't you get a ADSL central filter installed on your phone line.

Thanks

Its a VOIP service I think??

Thanks
    Thanked 1,484 Times in 691 Posts

VoIP or TPG home phone - both don't support dialers of any sort e.g. Fax, alarm, foxtel etc..

Thanks

If its set up to only dial a mobile it should be ok as with a Voip service you can dial mobiles landlines 1300 and 1800 numbers.the panel dialling a mobile is no different from a person dialling a mobile.the only numbers it can't dial are the 1345 receivers that control rooms use. Ive had success with NXs and the Sol16+ in the past with an adsl central splitter configured correctly.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by secure View Post
    Why don't you get a ADSL central filter installed on your phone line.
    TPG have advised they will not support a service with the back to base alarm attached so would rather just disconnect the telephone part.

We are not concerned about losing the functionality of dialing of a mobile if the alarm goes off.

My main concern is whether the alarm will go off when pulling out the telephone line and secondly if it does go off, will I be able to turn it off without any special installer codes. I have read the instructions in the manual and I understand what I need to do to stop the code pad beeping noise and the fault alert. I am just worried the alarm will sound and I wont be able to make it stop.

Banned
    Thanks

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by bomberblitz View Post
    TPG have advised they will not support a service with the back to base alarm attached so would rather just disconnect the telephone part.

We are not concerned about losing the functionality of dialing of a mobile if the alarm goes off.

My main concern is whether the alarm will go off when pulling out the telephone line and secondly if it does go off, will I be able to turn it off without any special installer codes. I have read the instructions in the manual and I understand what I need to do to stop the code pad beeping noise and the fault alert. I am just worried the alarm will sound and I wont be able to make it stop.
    Did you read my previous post ? I can simply ignore this thread if you like.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by watchdog View Post
    Did you read my previous post ? I can simply ignore this thread if you like.
    Thanks Watchdog I did read your post and it wasn't conclusive as to what will happen or what I should do in the worse case scenario of the unit being programmed to ring on telephone tamper.

You said most likely it won't happen but what I was wanting to know is what will I need to do if I do pull out the plug and the alarm goes off. I know I can disable the dialler and also turn off the beeping on the code pad but I do not know what needs to be done in the alarm going off scenario.

Sorry I wasn't clear in my request for information and I do thank you for your posts.
    Thanks
    Last edited by bomberblitz; 04-04-12 at 04:18 PM.

Thanks

do it and see what happens.

worst case plug it back in.

Thanks

You wouldn't need the 'special' installer code to disarm in the very very very unlikely event that the alarm went off if you pull the phone jack apart. The master code will do it.
    Disable the dialer and any fault condition will go away also (after an arm and disarming)
    Last edited by AdRock; 04-04-12 at 09:52 PM. Reason: s-s-stuttered

Thanks

Don't do it man!!!

Thanks

It's currently configured to call your mobile if activated yeah? That's not back to base for a start. If you're considering VoIP, all you'll need to do is plug the panel into the Phone port on the back of the modem and bobs your aunty. Of course that may require some additional cabling. You shouldn't get any faults either as these ports emulate a PSTN line. Just can't do monitoring that way is all. It works, sometimes, but is hardly what I'd consider reliable.

Thanks

Thanks guys for the advice. I will try pulling it out and see what happens.