Thread: Solution 64 problem

Thanks

Lightbulb Solution 64 problem

Hi guys,
    I am after some advice.
    I have a client where a tech installed a solution 64 panel within the last year.
    Over approximately 6 months on 3 occasions they claim to have arrived at the site and not been able to disarm the system. (no monitoring).
    There are 2 code pads on site so i recently had a tech swap the codepads in case one was faulty.

The client is reporting arriving to hearing a low pitch buzz eminating from the codepad and it is unresponsive but after a minute or so starts to respond and will let you disarm.

Has anyone heard of this happening before?

Look Here ->
    Thanks

Are they LED or LCD keypads? I've had trouble with LED keypads doing this, especially during disarm while they alarm is going. I found that there was enough voltage drop to the keypad, stopping the panel receiving the signal.

I'd be looking at testing voltages, perhaps removing a couple of powered devices from the panel and see if the voltage rises at the keypad, removing one of the keypads etc.

Those intermittent faults are fun aren't they....

• The Following User Says Thank You to AdRock For This Useful Post:

itscrowtime (11-05-12)

Thanks

Default Unknown Power Loss

We recently had a situation where the client came home to a dead keypad. Power reset the panel and all was good until the sirens triggered. Turned out to be a faulty piezo. Try removing devices from the system is the best method of elimination, but make sure you trigger the alarm at each test.

• The Following User Says Thank You to Hound-Dog For This Useful Post:

itscrowtime (11-05-12)

Thanks

button stuck in?

I have had the same thing happen many times with clients who push the buttons in hard because of the low profile of them.

Thanks

I left this part out of my original post as to not impact on anyones thought process.
    The initial information from the client disclosed that the staff member who disarms every day may be pushing the buttons too hard as one number had become stuck.

I spoke to Bosch tech support who claimed that this was nearly impossible as he tried on a codepad and no matter how hard he pressed the number would not become stuck.

This is why i arranged for the codepads to be swapped initially.
    I told the client that it was because of his staff member but wanted to eliminate it being a faulty codepad.

(instinct tells me to have them bar this turkey from using the alarm)
    Now that have had this problem happen before i feel that it is still likely to be user error.

• The Following User Says Thank You to itscrowtime For This Useful Post:

AdRock (11-05-12)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by itscrowtime View Post
    The initial information from the client disclosed that the staff member who disarms every day may be pushing the buttons too hard as one number had become stuck.
    Older Gentleman, looks over the top of his glasses whilst using the keypad, mutters the numbers as he's jamming his thumb as hard as he can into the button and holds it for 5 seconds "just to be sure" because this cheap chinese crap doesn't bloody work???

Quote Originally Posted by itscrowtime View Post
    (instinct tells me to have them bar this turkey from using the alarm)
    Now that have had this problem happen before i feel that it is still likely to be user error.
    Argghhh it's beeping what do I do? what do I do?? Quick just panic and get your code wrong and then panic more when you get it wrong again and again until you get the keypad lock you out??

Thanks

There is a known bug in some Solution keypads.

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to downunderdan For This Useful Post:

AdRock (11-05-12),itscrowtime (11-05-12)