Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112

Thread: Hacking the Tait 9100 series mobiles

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Eaton View Post
    Sorry, I may sound dumb... I've downloaded your tool, extracted the Windows software from the Rar file. It does launch, but I don't see any button to execute the software, I can only select a COM port, that's all. How do I go for calculating SFEs for my radio?
    Are TP9xxx supported?
    Regards,
    Alex
    Personally, I'd wait. There are a number of things fixed in a newer version that might just save your radio in the long term.

There's also much more required than just using the software. In versions up to and including 1.15, the enable all button may be dangerous long term.

I've committed more fixes to the private git repo where this software is being developed today - but its still very much in the testing stage at the moment.

EDIT: However, if you want to post what it read out of your radio - and let me know what type / model it actually is via the sticker, this would be helpful...
    Last edited by CRCinAU; 17-01-18 at 06:25 PM.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to CRCinAU For This Useful Post:

phantomdb (17-01-18)

Thanks

Got the GUI software up and running to read the keys off my radio. Works fine reading what keys are enabled/disabled on the 9100.
    Tested it out on the 9300 to be noisy and managed to read the keys also. Even though the features are not for the DMR range.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by diablo47 View Post
    Got the GUI software up and running to read the keys off my radio. Works fine reading what keys are enabled/disabled on the 9100.
    Tested it out on the 9300 to be noisy and managed to read the keys also. Even though the features are not for the DMR range.

Yeah - this is the weird bit... It isn't a maths issue - but does the TM9300 support MPT1327 trunking? If not, who knows what the hell that does - and what it could brick if you change it!

The fixes I've done in the last 24 hours adds a feature mask to stop people tinkering with SFEs that are not possible on the particular hardware. I didn't know what the 9300 comes up as - so I didn't add the mask for that - but now I know, I'll do the same for it

Thanks

sweet. yes the DMR range is capable of MPT1327

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by diablo47 View Post
    sweet. yes the DMR range is capable of MPT1327
    Ok, in that case, even though they give it a different TMAS number, maybe they don't give it a new feature code in firmware - meaning you could probably buy a TM8200 MPT1327 code and use it in a TM9300 - if it wasn't for the darn security checks on the keys

• Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112