Thread: Concept help

Thanks

Default Concept help

Hey guys about to take over a job and they want the following done..

A person badges in the front door, if they dont badge in on the front door reader, none of the other card readers will grant them access, so if somebody follows somebody in their card wont work...

i will be working with concept insight..

thanks guys

Look Here ->
    Thanks

I'll take that as a comment.

Sounds like "Anti-passback" is what you are describing. Lots of fun for new players.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by downunderdan View Post
    I'll take that as a comment.

Sounds like "Anti-passback" is what you are describing. Lots of fun for new players.
    I know what anti-passback is, but i thought that only worked on the same door with entry/exit readers.. if i entry through the front door there are 3 other internal doors that i go through, the place wants to use it as a form of muster i think.. I want to not to work on any other door if you have not badge at the front entry door first.

Thanks

your after wrong area processing, just call support and ask them to forward you the application note on anti passback if you don't have access to the downloads section.

• The Following User Says Thank You to 404 For This Useful Post:

rhino (09-05-12)

Thanks

ANTI-PASSBACK & “WRONG AREA” PROCESSING
    These features are an enhancement to Access Control operation and are designed to monitor and/or prevent the abuse of
    access priveleges.
    When Access Control is utilized, and “Inside” and “Outside” Areas are assigned to the Doors, the system maintains a
    record of the Area that every User is currently in. (Note that this requires every access controlled Door to have IN and
    OUT Readers installed.)
    Anti-Passback monitors/prevents a User from Entering an Area that the system record says that they are already in.
    When a User presents their Card at a Door Reader, the system checks which Area:
    a) Is on the opposite side of the Door. i.e. The Area that the User is attempting to Enter.
    and b) Is recorded as being the Area that they are currently in.
    As long as these two Areas are different, access will be granted. If the two Areas are the same, then an Anti-Passback
    violation will be recorded (Soft Anti-Passback), and the User may also be denied Access (Hard Anti-Passback)
    In more complex systems where there are more than two Areas, Anti-Passback processing alone may not be adequate.
    In this situation, “Wrong Area” processing may be added to enhance the integrity of the system.
    “Wrong Area” is used to prevent a User from Exiting an Area unless the system record says that they are currently in
    that Area.
    When a User presents their Card at a Door Reader, the system checks which Area:
    a) Is on the same side of the Door. i.e. The Area that the User is attempting to Exit.
    and b) Is recorded as being the Area that the User is currently in.
    As long as these two Areas are the same, access will be granted. If the two Areas are different, then a “Wrong Area”
    violation will be recorded, and the User will be denied Access.

The rest is in the manual, as 404 Said, under the application programming section of the manual.

• The Following User Says Thank You to TTENNEB For This Useful Post:

rhino (09-05-12)