Thread: European maps for PDA

Thanks

Default European maps for PDA

Hi All,
    I have a HP IPAQ 212 with TomTom Version 7.450 running Australian Map 865.3246

I'll be going for a driving holiday through France and Spain later this year, and I will like a GPS as a guide.

How to get updated maps for my PDA? or is it better to buy a dedicated 5" GPS from ebay?

Thanks in advance for the advise

Look Here ->
    Thanks

You could download the pda map for those areas and run fastactivate or similar and it should be fine.
    If you get one from ebay it may not run tomtom, they are better suited to igo/primo.

Thanks

I've found the user interface of the TomTom easier to find a street than the Igo, mainly because I can type in "Melbourne" as suburb and then as I type the street name it will show me possible matches.
    I believe that will be a lot easier if I'm dealing with a foreign language to find places on the go.

The last time I tried Igo, it did not offer me that option (it was a while ago, I can't remember the version)
    I may start looking for maps for the PDA, but being an old unit most new maps don't work in it.

Banned

Thanks
    Thanked 1,205 Times in 607 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ammlione View Post
    I may start looking for maps for the PDA, but being an old unit most new maps don't work in it.
    Wrong. Maps are loaded and rendered by the navigation application you use. Has really nothing to do with underlying OS.