Thread: DAS NX4/8 Zone flashing

Thanks

Default DAS NX4/8 Zone flashing

Hi All,
    I'm a newbie and I hope someone can help me with this. I have moved into a new house with a DAS NX4/8. There are 5 wired zones Zones 1-3 on the ground level and 4-5 upstairs. There are 2 keypads, 1 downstairs & 1 upstairs.
    Everything worked fine in the beginning but recently Zone 5 is flashing continuously. I can still arm the system if I bypass Zone 5 and everything works OK. When I return and enter the code to disarm, Zone 5 starts flashing again and has to be bypassed.
    The Zone 5 sensor is a PIR and that seems to be working OK......red light comes on when motion detected.
    I thought I might check the wiring from the sensor to the keypad upstairs, but I have no idea how to remove it from the wall. I guess something slides or pulls off but I've been afraid to exert too much force.
    Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Mike

Look Here ->

Thanks

There are a number of likely causes as follows in no particular order:

1) Tamper switch on the cover of the device activated. Sometimes caused from the device being bumped.
    2) Sticky alarm relay in the detector requiring replacement of the device.
    3) Loose connection at the device or panel (not keypad)
    4) A rat decided the cable to the device was a suitable meal
    5) The zone inputs on the panel are faulty.
    6) The EOL resistor is dodgy (rare but does happen on occasion)
    7) Something odd going on with zone 1. With the panel you have, it only has 4 zone inputs. The additional 4 zones are achieved by the use of different value EOLs on the second set of 4 zones and a little programming.

Also, the cable isnt run from the detector to the keypad. There'll be a panel in a cupboard or in your roof somewhere, to which all the cabling connects. Usuall word of warning regarding requirement for cabling licence blah blah blah.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by pelagic75 View Post
    Hi All,
    I'm a newbie and I hope someone can help me with this. I have moved into a new house with a DAS NX4/8. There are 5 wired zones Zones 1-3 on the ground level and 4-5 upstairs. There are 2 keypads, 1 downstairs & 1 upstairs.
    Everything worked fine in the beginning but recently Zone 5 is flashing continuously. I can still arm the system if I bypass Zone 5 and everything works OK. When I return and enter the code to disarm, Zone 5 starts flashing again and has to be bypassed.
    The Zone 5 sensor is a PIR and that seems to be working OK......red light comes on when motion detected.
    I thought I might check the wiring from the sensor to the keypad upstairs, but I have no idea how to remove it from the wall. I guess something slides or pulls off but I've been afraid to exert too much force.
    Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Mike
    your better off calling an alarm tech in to fix the problem, has post above said, could be any number of faults. Any decent alarm tech will be able to work out/fix the problem in no time.

Thanks

As drift mentioned re a fault on zone 1 affecting zone 5.

Zone 1 could be your door reed switch (typically), check that in case something has gone amiss (eg cabling crushed) that could be causing zone 5 to go into alarm.

however it could be any number of things as mentioned above

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by AdRock View Post
    Zone 1 could be your door reed switch
    Who uses those ancient, prehistoric things these days? (tounge firmly planted in cheek).

• The Following User Says Thank You to alarmman For This Useful Post:

AdRock (11-05-12)

Thanks

Thanks for all the comments.
    I have checked tightness of connections as far as I can & everything seems OK. I looked for the Zone 1 trigger (front door) and for the life of me I can't see any reed switch or similar! It's well hidden whatever it is. Maybe a proximity switch? It activates well before the leading edge of the door clears the frame.
    Where does one look for a good alarm tech? I live in Inner West, Sydney.

Thanks

Your reed switch is probably a small circular dot in the top of the door frame. It may have been painted over and difficult to spot, the corresponding magnet will be in the top of the door. Any hoo thats not really going to help your problem at the moment.

I can't give you any advice on Sydney techs, wrong part of Oz for me, hopefully someone else can help there