Thread: Bosch 16plus? Recommendations for house & garage & shed

Thanks

Default Bosch 16plus? Recommendations for house & garage & shed

I'll get the experts to set this up but I want to know what my options are and what’s possible and what to ask for.
    Also interested in recommendations for a Bosch 16plus installer. (in SA near Gawler Craigmore Salisbury areas)

HOUSE - currently has a single PIR above the only entry door and one PIR in the main living room.
    GARAGE - located under the house, switches on the two roller doors and a single door.
    SHED - located 110 metres away from house at the entrance of the driveway, no security system yet.

Current setup is an old Crow alarm system for the house and lower garage.
    Single keypad in the entrance to the house and a key fob to arm disarm when I drive in and out of the lower garage.
    Its not monitored.
    The shed is new and has no security system running yet.

Theres four CAT6 data cables run between the garage and shed 110 metres.
    I ran these for future IP camera setup and hopefully they might be useful for the alarm system too?

The shed now has 56 mag-reed switches installed, one mounted on every join of every sheet of corrugated iron around the rear and side walls.
    I've split these 56 switches into three circuits, left wall, right wall, and rear wall. Yeah I know, if one fails I'll have a hard time finding the culprit.
    The two sliding entrance doors have a single switch on each.
    There are also four motion detectors inside and two external strobe/sirens, one on each end of the shed. Need the experts to finish this off for me.

I want to arm and disarm the shed from back at the house on occasions and vice versa from the shed.
    At night I want the shed and garage to be easily armed from the house.

Is the 110 metre distance a problem?
    Can someone please give me their opinion on what Bosch Solution components I should ask for?

Thanks for your time.
    Wayne

Look Here ->
    Thanks

Hi Wayne, you may be in a bit of trouble with the CAT6 cables running that distance. They are only rated to 100M

But hey you might get lucky!

Cant offer any advise on the bosch as i have never put one in.

Cheers

Thanks

Why do you need 56 reed switches? you could just put 1 x dual-tech 360 in there and i'm sure it would be fine?

Thanks

Run 'em all individually. Although 56 reed switches might use up your 16 zones quicker than you'd hoped. I'm going to do this to my floorboards.

Also, your shed sounds pretty big so choose your internal detectors wisely.
    Last edited by downunderdan; 21-05-12 at 10:27 PM.

Banned
    Thanks

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by MrSwish View Post
    Hi Wayne, you may be in a bit of trouble with the CAT6 cables running that distance. They are only rated to 100M

But hey you might get lucky!

Cant offer any advise on the bosch as i have never put one in.

Cheers
    What rating limits cat 6 to 100m?
    I think you may be getting confused with the max ethernet distance using cat 6

Thanks

Now back to the original question: I recommend that you set up the detached shed as a 2nd area, with its own keypad, internal screamer, external sirens and strobes. So Area 1 will be the house/garage, and Area 2 will be the shed. This way, you can arm or disarm each area independently from the other. The keypads can be set up to show you the status of both areas, and allow you to arm or disarm either area from either keypad.

All the gear in the shed only needs 4 wires to connect to the main panel and operate, using the Solution 16 Plus LAN (I would suggest using one of the Cat 6 cables, with each pair as one "core"). To achieve this, in the shed you would need 1 x 8/16 zone expander board, 1 x 4-way relay board, 1 x PSU board, 1 x 12V backup battery, 1 x 18V AC plugpack, 1 x equipment box. Note that by using the 16 Plus this way, you can only have a maximum of 8 zones at the main panel, 8 zones in the shed and 1 x 4-way relay board. If you need any more zones or relay outputs than this, you need to use the Solution 64.

• The Following User Says Thank You to alarmman For This Useful Post:

RigPig (22-06-12)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by homesecurity22 View Post
    Why do you need 56 reed switches? you could just put 1 x dual-tech 360 in there and i'm sure it would be fine?
    Because I'd rather have the alarm go off before they get inside.

Thanks

We did a shed about twenty years ago on brooze store, we use two Sentrol Magnapull Surface reed switch on each side, one 1/2 metric from the ground then the second one a metric from the ground. Going thru a seris of plastic saddles going the length of the shed, it work well it was a silent system caught a few but it still didn't stop them.
    Last edited by sirporky; 22-05-12 at 01:01 PM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by alarmman View Post
    Now back to the original question: I recommend that you set up the detached shed as a 2nd area, with its own keypad, internal screamer, external sirens and strobes. So Area 1 will be the house/garage, and Area 2 will be the shed. This way, you can arm or disarm each area independently from the other. The keypads can be set up to show you the status of both areas, and allow you to arm or disarm either area from either keypad.

All the gear in the shed only needs 4 wires to connect to the main panel and operate, using the Solution 16 Plus LAN (I would suggest using one of the Cat 6 cables, with each pair as one "core"). To achieve this, in the shed you would need 1 x 8/16 zone expander board, 1 x 4-way relay board, 1 x PSU board, 1 x 12V backup battery, 1 x 18V AC plugpack, 1 x equipment box. Note that by using the 16 Plus this way, you can only have a maximum of 8 zones at the main panel, 8 zones in the shed and 1 x 4-way relay board. If you need any more zones or relay outputs than this, you need to use the Solution 64.
    Ok good so it can be done with a 16plus, thanks alarmman.

The other thing I'll need at the shed end is a output signal going off to an IP camera to start recording the shed and driveway when an alram goes off. It will record to my QNAP VioStor Network Video Recorder when setup.
    I've got an Axis 233D Auto-Tracking PTZ IP camera in a outdoor enclosure but anyway thats another job for another expert I think.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by RigPig View Post
    Ok good so it can be done with a 16plus, thanks alarmman.

The other thing I'll need at the shed end is a output signal going off to an IP camera to start recording the shed and driveway when an alram goes off. It will record to my QNAP VioStor Network Video Recorder when setup.
    I've got an Axis 233D Auto-Tracking PTZ IP camera in a outdoor enclosure but anyway thats another job for another expert I think.
    Why dont you use one of the four relays output that alarmman mention before.