Thread: Ness D8X Alarm Help with Strobe Light

Thanks

Default Ness D8X Alarm Help with Strobe Light

I have a Ness D8X alarm system at home (see pic below) that I installed at the start of the year to replace an older Ness D8 system ( I just changed the panel and the keypad over) and it worked really well but the strobe light outside a month later filled up with water and stopped working so i replace the strobe light with a Ness LED strobe light but now it will not stop flashing everything else on the alarm system works fine Iv tried everything I can think of to get it to stop flashing

reset the panel back to default, unplugged the alarm system and the battery, even connected the strobe straight to the panel in case the wiring to the strobe was broken, entered the code into the keypad and it still is flashing, there is nothing on the keypad that shows anything wrong it just has OK ready to arm.

Any help would be appreciated Thanks

Last edited by rew; 24-05-12 at 09:35 PM.

Look Here ->
    Banned
    Thanks

Cool

The old "overtighten the strobe & fill it with water" trick. They only need to be finger tight. I would say you have stuffed the strobe output on the panel. Check to see if there is another O/P you can program to take on the strobe function.