Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bosh 880 Ultima - Urgent -really need help please

Thanks

Default Bosh 880 Ultima - Urgent -really need help please

Hi guys

I have a Bosh 880 Ultima and two of the wirelss sensors arent working as the batteries have gone flat. So I need to replace them.

I called the installer as I wasnt sure how to remove the covers off the sensors as didnt want to break them.

However they told that there was a 4 week wait while somewhere could get out to my place.

So was hoping that someone might be able to tell me how I take the covers off the sensors and I will replace the batteries myself.

Cheers really appreciate the help

Pamper

Look Here ->
    Banned
    Thanks

Cool

Just a flat bladed screwdriver in the middle of the bottom of the case. Give it a twist & it will pop it apart.

• The Following User Says Thank You to watchdog For This Useful Post:

Pamper (25-05-12)

Thanks

Cheers I shall give that a try

Pamper

Thanks

Oh, and if your system is monitored PLEASE call your monitoring company and tel them you are changing the batteries.

Thanks

Thanks for you reply.

No my alarm isnt monitored.

However I am having a few issues when I do change the batteries. It appears depending on the order that I change them in . That is if I put batteries and the other one second. The second sensor and the first doesnt. I took all batteries out of both sensors to make sure that they werent faulty. Changed in the order I put the last set of batteries into each sensor and again the last one I put batteries into worked and the other didnt.

Is it case you have to put both sets of batteries in at the same time. This would be really difficult in that both sensors and are in different rooms.

Also done a check to see if the alarm was working. That is I armed the alarm and came back to house and set it off. The panel was flashing as if the alarm was going off but there was no sound from the screamer inside the house.

Any idea what would cause that problem

Thanks

Thanks

Can you repeat the first two paragraphs in non-circular English?

Thanks

Hi
    Apologies I just read my post and I didn’t explain myself very well.

1.I replaced the batteries in the first sensor. Once I put the new batteries in the sensors light flashes about 7 times and then remains on. As I move around the room the sensor picks up my movements.

2.Then I enter the second rom and replace the batteries in the other sensor. Again once I put the new batteries in the sensors light flashes about 7 times and then remains on. As I move around the room the sensor picks up my movements.

3.Then when I re-enter the original room when I replaced the batteries for the first sensor. It now appears that it is no longer working (ie; there is no light on ).

4.I swapped around the order in which replaced the batteries for both sensor and the same thing happened

Thanks

The sensors have a sleep mode, arm up take the dog for a walk, then don't disarm walk in and see what happens

Thanks

Thanks for the reply

This is becoming very frustrating and I dont know what to try next.

As I just noticed that both sensors are not working now (ie; there is no light on either sensor)

Banned
    Thanks

Cool

The old "caught by the sleep mode" trick. When you replace the batteries the PIR will go into a test mode where the LED will light to indicate movement. After 90 seconds it will go to its normal working mode whereby the LED will be inactive & the PIR will only transmit a movement detection if it has not seen any movement for the previous 4 minutes. Without this feature you will be changing the batteries every month or so & at about $8 / battery you will be seriously pissed off.
    So keep in mind when you do your regular weekly test to allow for that 4 minutes between walking out past your last PIR & walking back in.

Thanks

Thanks for your reply it is most appreciated.
    To be honest I am really not knowledgeable when it comes to alarms.
    Can you give me a step by step guide as to what I need to do to change the batteries and then have this alarm working again.
    It sounds like I will have to do it when there is no one in the house.
    Cheers

Pamper

Thanks

Pretty much what watchdog said but step by step, here go's

1) put new battery in the detector, the led will come on, great, put the cover back on.

2 put new battery in the second detector, the led will come on, great, put the cover back on.

3) leave both rooms, shut the door and make sure no one go's in for about 5 min.

4) after 5 min go in each room and you'll "probably" see the led light up once, the first time it detects movement, it will then go back "to sleep" I say "probably" because you can actually turn off the led to further increase battery life, if you don't see the led light up don't fear see step 5

5) to fully confirm they're both working, arm the alarm, go outside, taking all, family, pets etc outside for about 5-10 min.

6) go back inside and walk into both rooms, the alarm will go off and you can see on the keypad if those zones have been activated.

6a) if one of the detectors is an entry zone you will have to wait for the entry time to expire before the zone will go into alarm usually between 20 and 60 seconds depending on programming.

7) turn off your alarm and bring the family and dog back inside, unless you want some peace and quite in which case leave them out.
    Last edited by AdRock; 27-05-12 at 10:37 PM.

Thanks

Thanks I really appreciate I shall give that a try tomorrow. Your last point was very funny. I can relate as I have two young kids.

Can I ask you one more question? Can you think of any reason why my screamer wouldn’t be working?

It was only up until when the batteries went flat in the sensors have I had all these problems.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Pamper View Post
    Can I ask you one more question? Can you think of any reason why my screamer wouldn’t be working?
    Probably you have a long entry delay for those zones or they were active when the system was alarmed and they were bypassed.

Or as said earlier, they were still in sleep mode with all the activity happening around them when the system was armed.

Do what is said in the last few posts, then post back.

Banned
    Thanks

Cool

Press & hold #2 on the codepad to test the screamer (assuming its been wired correctly) Also check that the polarity link is in place on the PCB

Thanks

Hi guys

Done the tests as suggested above but still no luck and really getting to me now and I don’t know what to try next.

Here is a summary of what I have tried:

What I did is before I changed the batteries in the sensors was to shut all rooms of the house where all the hard wired detectors are located.

Then changed the batteries in the first sensor which is located in the hallway and the led light flashes and continues to flash as I leave that room (ie; the hallway).

I then go into the back room where the other sensor is located and change those batteries. Same thing happen the led light flashes and continues to flash but I head outside.

Wait outside for 10mins then head back into the house. I go back into the backroom where one of the battery sensors is located but no led indicator comes on as I enter the room. I then enter the hallway and again no led light indicator goes on.

Then I arm the alarm and head outside. Where I wait for about 10mins. Then proceed back inside again through the back room and the alarm in triggered but that’s after 2mins but no siren goes off. (however this would appear to be a separate issue).

Done the re-test again followed the same steps I have detailed above with the same results (ie; no led lights come on when I come back inside the house).

This time arm the alarm again and head outside where I wait for another 10 mins then come back into the house. This time when I enter the house I come through the hallway. The alarm is activated but that's after over a minute (but still no sound of the siren).

Do this entire process again (ie;reset again followed the same steps I have detailed above with the same results (ie; no led lights come on when I come back inside the house).

Arm the alarm again but this time I leave one of doors open where one of the hardwire sensors are located. Wait outside for another 10 mins and then enter the house through the hall way but go into the room where the hardwired sensor is located. The alarm is then triggered off within 30secs. (again there is no sound from the siren).

What I don’t understand is why there is such a difference in the time when the alarm is triggered. Really it should be 30secs regardless of what room I enter into. That's the way it used to work before I had all these problems.

Can anyone offer me any suggestions perhaps I am doing something wrong but I don’t know what. Have followed the advice from the forum but nothing's working properly.

What really concerns me is the difference in the times the actual alarm is triggered which is appears to be dependent on which room I enter into. This used to be 30secs for all rooms.

Also the fact that the siren isn’t going off is another worry.

Thanks

Pamper

Thanks

Hi pamper,

You've done some extensive testing, clearly something has gone wrong with your alarm. The siren not sounding is a concern as it could be indicating an output fault on your panel. If this has gone faulty you may have other issues with your hardware \ software.

Did you try and test the siren as mentioned above? if it doesnt work it may be time to call in the proffessionals.

Your panel may need to be defaulted and re-programmed as it sounds like it's lost its entry delay times and that just doesn't happen from flat batteries in your PIR's.

One last test, once you put a battery into one of the detectors and it gos into test mode, stand by the keypad and see if the zone number lights up when you wave your hand in front of the detector. If you don't get anything your panel has definitely lost its programming.

good luck

Banned
    Thanks

Cool

As I said before , when you change the batteries ( or remove the cover) the PIR will go into a test mode for 90 seconds. After that the led WILL NOT OPERATE. The easiest way to determine if the w/less PIR is transmitting is to pop the cover off & this will set off the tamper.

Thanks

Thanks guys

Yeah I did try the siren test also mentioned in the thread and that didnt work either.

I agree perhaps its time to call the experts in

Cheers

Pamper

Thanks

Hi guys

Can anyone recommend a goog alarm servicer in Melbourne. Or is it case that I have to get the guys in that installed originally

Cheers

Pamper

• Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast