Thread: Remote Connections

Thanks

Default Remote Connections

Hey there, Im looking to buy a 56k dialup modem, that will allow me to connect to as many (if not all) alarm panels as possible. Each supplier seems to think their modems best, but generally only suited to their own brand of alarms.. Does anyone else use remote connections frequently for multiple panels? If so what modem do you use? Thanks!

Main alarm panels I use :

Concept
    Bosch (New)
    Bosch (Old eg Radionics)
    Elite
    Paradox
    DSC

Panels to also try and cover would be Tecom and Protege, maybe the occasional Micron and Texecom too..

Thanks again!

Look Here ->
    Thanks

Hi
    I just bought a Netcomm AM5067 works a treat so far.

Thanks

DAS has a new (for them) modem - USB connection that will do all common panels except the DSC - as a mate of mine says... (my own experience is just TECOM/Challenger and NX/Reliance sorry.)
    Just that the DSC stuff does actually seem to need their own modem - something done reverse that can not be simulated in the modem string so he says!

Maybe what we need here is a collection of the modems - with the modem strings/settings required?

Thanks

Pretty sure that Netcomm have stopped manufacturing Modems. Only modems I can find that are still being manufactured with Australian approvals are Maestro and they're not that cheap (about $200).

A limited lifetime for the PSTN modem I'm afraid. Still, that may result in a bit of work for everyone here replacing panels as the NBN rolls in.