Thread: Another alarm recommendations thread.

Thanks

Default Another alarm recommendations thread.

Hello all.

I am on the market for an alarm system for my home.

This is my situation. Double brick two storey house, three pet dogs one weighting more than 45kg. I would like to have a way of having pirs throughout the house and maybe door and windows switches to have active during the night and in the areas where the dogs are allowed. Also I would like to have a sensor for a safe that is active all the time, except for when I need to access the safe, in that instance I would go to the control panel and manually deactivate the safe.

One of the issues I see is the fact that we don't have air conditioned and during the summer months we leave the living room window cracked open for the dogs, sometimes we leave the back door open for them with the security door locked so they get a bit of fresh air. Same for the bedrooms windows.

I have been reading a lot here about different brands and options and I like what Paradox has to offer. I think wireless is the way to go for our place. We would like to get a GSM alarm as we don't use a landline. We are thinking about a monitored alarm but we would also like tho get the freedom of changing monitoring companies if needed so an installer who does not operator lock the panel would be very nice.

Do the paradox panels support the addition of cctv as well?

I think is Dean here in the board who recommends Paradox and says that they are cheap. Where in Sydney can they be bought?

Any other brands that I should be checking out? I had a look at Bosch but people think that their panel are getting old and probably should be superseded.

We are also thinking in getting a monitored system for my mother in law who lives on her own about an hour away from us, so it would be great if she has an emergency button that can get her help while we arrive if she ever has an emergency. Maybe I can get a bulk discount going on here. Lol.

Sorry for the length.

Regards.
    Last edited by munecito; 09-06-12 at 01:16 AM.

Look Here ->
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by munecito View Post
    I would like to have a way of having pigs throughout the house and maybe door and windows switches to have active during the night and in the areas where the dogs are allowed.
    How big are the pigs? Make sure you get Pig-immune PIRs.

Also, a GSM dialler is quite old fashioned and expensive, requiring a mobile call every time it needs to communicate. You want a 'polled' GPRS/ethernet type system such as Permaconn, Telstra Secure, Fratech Multipath or Emizon (I've listed 'em in random order to avoid fights). They have a fixed monthly fee and do not require a phoneline, plus have better security than phoneline based monitoring.

Where are you located?
    Last edited by downunderdan; 08-06-12 at 09:39 PM.

• The Following User Says Thank You to downunderdan For This Useful Post:

munecito (09-06-12)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by downunderdan View Post
    How big are the pigs? Make sure you get Pig-immune PIRs.

Also, a GSM dialler is quite old fashioned and expensive, requiring a mobile call every time it needs to communicate. You want a 'polled' GPRS/ethernet type system such as Permaconn, Telstra Secure, Fratech Multipath or Emizon (I've listed 'em in random order to avoid fights). They have a fixed monthly fee and do not require a phoneline, plus have better security than phoneline based monitoring.

Where are you located?
    Lol I meant PIRs but the auto correct in the tablet changed to pigs. But in all honesty my dogs are called piglets around here.

I am up the Northern Beaches and my mother in law is in Parramatta.

Thank you for clearing that about the dialer. I guess what I wanted to say was a mobile based service which I assume the GPRS/Ethernet is.

Thanks

Bump.

Thanks.

Thanks

Paradox is the go. Based on my opinion only