Thread: Zone trouble

Thanks

Default Zone trouble

Recently, I have seen a "zone trouble" signal on a NESS panel. The zone number comes up as (somewhere around) zone 422.

Being a wireless system with only 6 or 7 "real" zones ( ie PIR's), I imagine this signal will be a "system" alarm. (As a low battery or other zone trouble usually comes with the appropriate zone number attached.)

I have made an 'educated guess' (don't flame me down just yet please!) and told the client that this signal is possibly due to a PIR not having enough "oomph" to get a strong enough signal to the RF receiver or that the RF receiver does not have good enough reception of a signal, or that something else is interfering with the signal, such as new walls or other current emitting devices nearby.

Am I within reach of a right answer? Is this something that only a tech can solve or is it a simple matter of moving a sensor or relocating the microwave oven or wireless internet modem.

Going back to my 'educated guess' - unfortunately, like most businesses in Australia, ongoing training is virtually non-existent. So my 'training' comes from picking our techs brains and asking in a forum such as this.

Look Here ->
    Thanks

With had trouble with one of the Ness older system with a older version wireless Receiver sending similar signals from memory it was actually low battery signal from one of the Radio PIRs but the newer receivers specify the sensor and its a low battery

Thanks

If you post the Ness panel model and the full contact ID string I'm sure this forum can pin down your customers exact problem. With the colder weather I always started with replacing batteries.

Thanks

Can't locate client now. But this client did report low battery on a zone number previously,which lead me to believe this time it was not a detector low battery.

With a high zone number I thought it may have been something like interference of signal or similar. Oh well next time I see it will try and note more details.

Thanks guys..

Thanks

Found the details re the problem we had with an older Ness the Low Battery was sent as an E384 01 C1E1 and the restore as R384 01 C1E5 no matter what zones battery was flat

Thanks

Supervision would start with a 4 but would be been 402 & 408 on a D8

• The Following User Says Thank You to Tastech For This Useful Post:

sixfourzero (17-06-12)