Thread: das dl200 help

Thanks

Default das dl200 help

Hi,
    My house currently has a das dl200 keypad with a das 208L in the closet and it seems to be having some troubles that started yesterday.
    Roughly around 7pm last night the wife noticed the keypad beep, then when she went to have a look she noticed that the alarm had armed itself and it then set the siren off.
    After disabling the alarm I noticed the zone 8 light flashing which the installer had written on the keypad relating to 'siren tamper' to which I could find no info on.
    Today when I got home from work the alarm seemed to be behaving as normal until around 6 when it repeated the same issue as yesterday, arming itself and setting off siren.

What would be the easiest/best way to totally disable the alarm so it is turned off until I can get a tech out to check on it? something like disconnect the AC power wires from the 208L board?

Look Here ->
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,484 Times in 691 Posts

Judging by the age of the system it sounds like the siren tamper and/or associated wiring is corroded causing the intermittent fault. Save yourself a service call for a tech to apply a band-aid solution and get a quote to upgrade the system to something from this century (no pun intended).

Thanks

For the time being (until fixed) you can manual bypass/isolate the zone 8. Refer to the user manual. You will need to do this every time after you have disarmed it. The tamper is setup as a 24hr zone which is why it sets the sirens off even when disarmed.

Thanks

To bypass the zone press *8* then arm the system as per normal when you need too. It's quite likely that when arming the system, the keypad will beep to alert you to the fact you're attempting to arm with a zone bypassed. As secure said, you'll have to bypass the zone after every disarm.

You should be looking to replace your system though. The 208s are 20 years old.

Thanks

Can you bypass a 24 hour zone on them?

Thanks

It's a 20 year old panel. You can bypass anything.

Thanks

thanks guys for the info, appreciate the quick replies!

after tracking down some manuals for each component, none really had any info on this particular issue. I ended up just disconnecting the battery and unplugging the alarm's AC power last night. Didn't want to chance a random alarm blaring at who knows what time.
    The system was obviously way overdue on an upgrade as been pointed out (especially when the manual looked like it was made on a typewriter ) and now looking into a solution 880 system as suggested by a couple alarm tech's I got advice/quotes from.

• The Following User Says Thank You to rhyno For This Useful Post:

intelliGEORGE (19-06-12)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,484 Times in 691 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by rhyno View Post
    now looking into a solution 880 system as suggested by a couple alarm tech's I got advice/quotes from.
    Make sure that the entire system, including cabling, replaced. Some will quote based on existing wiring. Chances are the cabling is as old as the system.

There's nothing worse than replacing the alarm and peripheral devices only to have it false alarm, again.