Thanks

Default ICAC and Kings Security

ICAC probes security company over bribes
    By court reporter Jamelle Wells
    Updated June 18, 2012 14:26:52

Map Data - Terms of Use

Map
    MAP: Sydney 2000
    The New South Wales corruption watchdog has heard allegations that a Sydney security company offered bribes and paid for trips to Las Vegas to secure contracts worth millions of dollars.

The Independent Commission Against Corruption is examining allegations the directors and employees of Kings Security Group engaged in corrupt conduct when providing security services to numerous customers.

The clients include the Art Gallery of NSW, the former North Sydney Central Coast Area Health Service, NSW Businesslink, the University of Western Sydney, Woollahra Municipal Council, Sydney Ports Corporation, Taronga Zoo and the former Department of Housing.

In his opening address the Counsel Assisting the ICAC, Philip Strickland SC, said Kings Security employees provided benefits to officials, were involved in "collusive tendering" for contracts and provided false or misleading information to public sector agencies to win contracts.

The commission is also investigating if Daniel Paul, the managing and sole director of Hootspah Pty Ltd, received corrupt benefits from officers of Kings Security while engaged as a security consultant by the Art Gallery of NSW, the University of Western Sydney, Woollahra Municipal Council, Sydney Ports Corporation and Taronga Zoo.

In addition Mr Strickland told the hearing this morning the ICAC will investigate if Geoffrey Powell, a consultant to NSW Businesslink, received corrupt benefits from officers of Kings Security.

Mr Strickland said the company paid for annual trips to Los Vegas for security consultants and since 2006 has secured contracts worth millions of dollars from the organisations.

The inquiry heard that Paul had a close relationship with Kings Security and obtained information about the Art Gallery of NSW budget in 2008 that helped the company get work with the gallery.

The ICAC will look at why the organisations did not have better checks in place to monitor the service they received from consultants Paul and Powell.

It will also look at allegations that some of the organisations, including the Art Gallery of NSW, did not properly monitor the gifts their staff were given and declare them on a register.

This morning the commission heard that between 2007 and 2010 a North Sydney Central Coast Area Health Service employee received benefits from Kings Security that included a discounted security alarm at his cousin's house, cash, a Vespa motor scooter, and accommodation and meals at a security conference in Las Vegas.

The ICAC's Commissioner, David Ipp AO QC, is presiding at the public inquiry, which is expected to last for two weeks

Look Here ->
    Thanks

I'm very interested in this one...

I submitted tenders to some of these departments while working for other companies, if I had only known a vespa would've got me over the line...

Maybe now might be a good time to be door knocking those government departments and blue chip companies that Kings look after and advise them of just how honest their current provider is!

Thanks

Corruption in the Security Industry! Who would have thought - lol

• The Following User Says Thank You to webtech For This Useful Post:

Sickpuppy (20-06-12)

Thanks

If you hit the ICAC website, transcipts of the hearings are available for download, which make great reading, if not really news for those who have worked in the industry for any length of time.

While your on the ICAC website, look at what SNP had to do to secure the tender for Armidale University Postal services.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by fastwrx View Post
    If you hit the ICAC website, transcipts of the hearings are available for download, which make great reading, if not really news for those who have worked in the industry for any length of time.

While your on the ICAC website, look at what SNP had to do to secure the tender for Armidale University Postal services.
    Where on the website - I've had a look but must be looking in wrong place - I would like to read both

thanks

Thanks

I missed out on a couple of tenders as I didnt send Airline tickets to QLD to the purchasing officer and in another case didnt have a shack up the Lakes I would give the purchasing officer a key to

Thanks

Default Kings and SNP

Check these links:

• The Following User Says Thank You to Hound-Dog For This Useful Post:

webtech (19-06-12)

Thanks

I'm printing off the transcripts and ordering in pizza for tea and this is only day one ! What a great read, just endorses everything we have suspected about the industry for years. See Page 13T item 20. This could be the next Underbelly series

Thanks

The NSW Security Industry Amendment Bill has just had its second reading and may well become law this week. It will give SLED a set of teeth, so it will be interesting to see if they start kicking arse and taking names. Having been through the great 'reforms' of 1997, 2000, 2004 and 2007 I'm a little cynical towards government attempts to 'clean up' the industry. However I'm cautiously optimistic having spoken with a number of stakeholders.

I daresay they will have their hands full with manpower providers and may or may not get around to electronics industry.

Thanks

Default Kings New Theme Song

Paul Kelly "dumb things".

Thanks

This has to be a wind up ...... consultants on the take !!!!!!!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,484 Times in 691 Posts

Just added the transcripts to my Kindle, bedtime reading.

Thanks

Oh Dear Oh Dear Oh Dear...Pisser bandits everywhere lol

Thanks

PANDATECH is calling for expressions of interest in tendering for cleaning of PANDTECH's boat. Bundles of cash preferred.

Thanks

On a slightly different tack, I used to spend a bit of time hanging around the local boatramp on weekends. Was hours of free entertainment watching clueless numbnuts try to launch and recover boats, instead sinking their cars and destroying trailers.

It always amused me the number of fishing boats I saw which had "Security" written on them. The owner obviously believed he'd be able to put the boat expenses through his business and one day tell the ATO about all the marine patrols he was contracted to do. Presumably the fishing rod holders doubled as nightstick holsters and the fishfinder doubled as minesweeping sonar for the protection of their elite seafaring clientele.

Sometimes this industry just kills me...

Thanks

I'm handing in my notice and starting up my own boat cleaning business. 5k over two weeks for part time after hours work, there is serious money in this game.

Anyone who needs their boat cleaned, for cash of course, please pm me,

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by No Brainer View Post
    I'm handing in my notice and starting up my own boat cleaning business. 5k over two weeks for part time after hours work, there is serious money in this game.

Anyone who needs their boat cleaned, for cash of course, please pm me,
    what model Vesper do you want ?

Just need to work out if I know 10 people called Dan, then conveniently forget which one gets the cash.

Thanks

So I call my biggest supplier today and explain to him that a screwdriver isn't going to cut it as a gift anymore......

He really didn't see the funny side, but seriously next time Q Video rocks up and wants to know why I dont buy more gear through them.......

I'm starting to think that there needs to be some sort of backlash from the honest guys, and asking, no demanding our suppliers cut us in on the action might just hit the spot

Thanks

it's fascinating reading... a lot of "I don't recalls" but you can see someone is going to get massively fcuked for this one!

The ATO may want to have a look at the creative accounting too!

Does anyone know how this all came about?

Thanks

I would imagine someone lost a few too many tenders and joined the dots.

• Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast