Thread: UEC fail to respond

Thanks

Default UEC fail to respond

I have now sent three emails to UEC via their website but have received no response. Has anyone received a reply from this company?

Look Here ->
    Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,074 Times in 6,765 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by EKGEKH View Post
    I have now sent three emails to UEC via their website but have received no response. Has anyone received a reply from this company?
    I always receive responses from them.

Have you tried phoning them as well?

You haven't said what your reason for contacting them is.... someone on this forum may be able to answer your question/s.

• The Following User Says Thank You to mtv For This Useful Post:

OSIRUS (25-07-12)

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,467 Times in 958 Posts

I have not used the Contact Us Email address:

sales@uec.com.au

or have I tried filling in the Form & Submitting

But I have Telephoned them:

Ph 02 9425 5777

I can understand your frustration after 3 attempts
    Become a Premium Member and support the Austech Forum

• The Following User Says Thank You to OSIRUS For This Useful Post:

mtv (25-07-12)

Crazy Diamond
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,437 Times in 2,652 Posts

Yes some say they have eventually received replies to emails.

I sent them 2 with no response.

They do answer the phone though.
    UEC: +61 2 9425 5777
    Cheers, Tiny
    "You can lead a person to knowledge, but you can't make them think? If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the problem.
    The information is out there; you just have to let it in."

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tiny For This Useful Post:

mtv (25-07-12),OSIRUS (25-07-12)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,452 Times in 1,066 Posts

Wink Esp?

Installed 11/7/12.
    2 more posts to 12/7/12.
    Next today 25/7/12.
    I gather you're disappointed in Remote upgrade availability and cost.
    There are extensive threads and posts on this subject in this Forum.

So, what is the time frame and subject of these emails, so that we may assist you?

6. Sixth sense (ESP) and gender

Females, in general, have a stronger sixth sense than men. An extrasensory perception (ESP) ability comes more naturally to women and women are more likely to be intuitive than men. One of the main reasons for this is that men are more intellectually oriented and tend more towards the rational side.

Thanks

I am in a rented house while I build my own. The rental has a VAST service. I asked if I could purchase the PVR upgrade kit and use it firstly in the rental and then transfer it to my own house when i moved in. I have not received any response.

Premium Member
    Thanks

Edit: sorry mis-read post
    Last edited by OSIRUS; 25-07-12 at 08:32 PM.

Administrator
    Thanks

I am in a rented house while I build my own. The rental has a VAST service. I asked if I could purchase the PVR upgrade kit and use it firstly in the rental and then transfer it to my own house when i moved in. I have not received any response.
    UEC only sell the equipment, they have nothing to with activation, authorisation, transfer of ownership, change of address, etc of VAST decoders.

Who is the registered owner of the VAST decoder in the rental home?

If it's yours, no problem as it will use the single-use code supplied with the remote to activate the PVR function of the decoder.

As for transferring the registered address to another location, that will depend if it's within an area that requires VAST. Eg: no existing or planned terrestrial TV transmissions for the area (if you want commercial channels activated).

You can buy the PVR remote and HDD from UEC, or any VAST satellite supplier, and activate it yourself on the existing VAST decoder.

For transferring the registered address of the decoder, you need to contact VAST (not UEC).

• The Following User Says Thank You to mtv For This Useful Post:

OSIRUS (25-07-12)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,452 Times in 1,066 Posts

No wonder you have no reply!
    That would be outside the gambit of the original installation.
    You want to take over the Landlords installation and convert it your own use?
    Methinks they would need a separate application for entitlement on the new premises.
    There are probably ways of circumventing this, but obviously not the way you are going.

Administrator
    Thanks

Can you clarify what you want to relocate to your new home?

The VAST decoder plus the PVR remote and HDD..... or just the PVR remote and HDD with the intention of using them on a different VAST decoder?

Looking at your previous posts in other threads, you said you already have a VAST decoder and had a dish installed...... are you intending to activate the PVR remote on that decoder, then move the entire installation (dish etc) to your new home?

If it's the latter, you just need to advise VAST of the address change, providing it's still in an authorised VAST area.... no probs.

If it's the former, just wanting to take the PVR remote and activate it on another VAST decoder..... it's not the norm, but it is possible.

In that instance, UEC would need to allocate a new key number for the PVR remote.

It would have been so much simpler if you could have explained more clearly what you wanted to do.

Thanks

Back on topic.

I must have been one of the lucky ones, I sent them an email about the HDMI problem and got a reply. That was about 6 months ago.

Thanks

Really, all wanted was a reply from UEC to my question. My post asked whether or not other people had received responses. However, I will explain my situation at length.
    I am in a VAST area living in a rented house whilst I build my house in the same VAST area. The rental has a satellite installation with a DSD4121 set top box owned and registered to the owner of the house. I want to know if I can buy the upgrade kit in order to use that box as a recorder while I am in that house and then when I build my house and get my own satellite installation and my own DSD4121, transfer the upgrade kit to my own equipment.

Administrator
    Thanks

Really, all wanted was a reply from UEC to my question. My post asked whether or not other people had received responses. However, I will explain my situation at length.
    I am in a VAST area living in a rented house whilst I build my house in the same VAST area. The rental has a satellite installation with a DSD4121 set top box owned and registered to the owner of the house. I want to know if I can buy the upgrade kit in order to use that box as a recorder while I am in that house and then when I build my house and get my own satellite installation and my own DSD4121, transfer the upgrade kit to my own equipment.
    All your questions have been answered.

Yes, others, including myself have had responses from UEC when contacting them.

You confused me, by previously posting that you already had a VAST box.

I have just had my VAST satellite dish and Altech DS4121 installed......
    There would be no problem using the HDD on another VAST decoder at a later date.

You could not however re-use the UEC PVR remote key number to activate the PVR function on another VAST decoder as that number can only be used once, on one decoder.

The complication would also be the (activated) PVR remote would need to be registered to the person who's name the VAST decoder is registered to.

UEC could reset the remote code, but it is up to their discretion if they will permit that, especially if it's to be registered to a different person.... which is really what you need to know.

I would suggest asking them that particular question and try ringing their tech support on the number previously posted.

If you don't already own a VAST decoder yourself, you could save all this confusion and buy one with the PVR option/remote pre-installed.

Register it in your name at your current address, then just change address when you move to your new home.

Just use the existing dish at the rental property in the meantime.

Otherwise, the registered owner of the VAST decoder at the rental property would be best to register a PVR remote in their name for the decoder they have in their name at the rental property.

The third option is for you to buy the PVR remote, have it registered in the VAST decoder owners name and donate it to them when you leave (It's only $60) then buy your own full PVR VAST decoder for your new home, which you could just do now and not have any of the hassles.

It's such a complicated process for something that should be so simple, isn't it.... all this crap with VAST/UEC for just a remote.

Hope this helps.
    Last edited by mtv; 26-07-12 at 11:42 AM. Reason: typo

Premium Member
    Thanks

Thanks for clearing that up

UEC should have replied to you..... others are saying they sometimes do not get replies to their emails....so I would ring them on their contact number (Ph 02 9425 5777), & hopefully someone will explain it for you

My Opinion

Because the Vast STB is not Vast Activated in your name,

you will not be able to use the Upgrade kit,

The Upgrade kit provides you with a Remote control & a registration code,

you then take the registration code to a UEC website, enter the Code & your First Name & Last Name & other details, (belonging to the person the STB is registered to vast with)

& it will then give you an activation Key to enter into your STB, to enable the PVR features

here is the page to get a (PVR) Activation Key

So, you would need to get your Landlord (or person the STB is Vast Activated to), to do it for you

You also only get one Registration code per PVR Upgrade kit, so you could not just take the remote control with you when you left (unless you buy a Vast PVR ready STB, & it will already have the PVR remote)

otherwise you would need a new Upgrade Kit (with the code)

I have not heard of any way to transfer your Upgrade kit to another Vast Standard STB

Good Luck
    Last edited by OSIRUS; 26-07-12 at 11:23 AM.

Banned
    Thanks

Ring UEC and ask for Wade.

Thanks

Thank you all. I will get my box under the government subsidy scheme so I won't be buying one early.
    Last edited by EKGEKH; 27-07-12 at 06:16 PM.

• The Following User Says Thank You to EKGEKH For This Useful Post:

OSIRUS (27-07-12)

Premium Member

Thanks
    Thanked 3,806 Times in 2,525 Posts

Thank you all. I will get my box under the government subsidy screen so I won't be buying one early.
    ??????????? And you think you have had problems so far?? Are you in for a bit of a surprise...................................

Give Techlife my 'Love and Best Wish's' please..........................
    I stand unequivicably behind everything I say , I just dont ever remember saying it !!

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gordon_s1942 For This Useful Post:

mtv (27-07-12),Tiny (27-07-12)