Page 10 of 46 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: TV Plus information thread

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tristen View Post
    The channels under discussion might be free-to-air in Turkey, but we are unable to access satellites in that part of the world as they are not within line-of-sight of Australia (the earth is a sphere and Turkey is on the other side of the world).

Somebody has to pay to access the channels, up-link them to a satellite within line-of-sight of Australia and pay for transponder space on the satellite in order to re-broadcast them..

That is only part of the cost however, as broadcast rights including payment for copyright material (movies, music and other programming material etc.), is also involved.

Moving television channels from one part of the world to another is not without cost - and the cost is considerable, running into hundreds of thousands of dollars per year.
    well,that explains it all.thanks bro...

2. The Following User Says Thank You to rainman For This Useful Post:

tristen (15-09-12)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by levend View Post
    Yesterday thursday was a bad day as pq and signal was so bad couldn't be watched.
    Today Friday no signal at all and total darkness not even a sign of life has Tvplus given up on the idea or is this a hickup?

yeah bro,i had the same problem Thursday as well..today is pretty good and the reception quality is pretty good now ...But,still drops and cuts are happening..hopefully it will be fixed before encryption...I am hoping that it will be no hiccups next Thursday morning because GALATASARAY VS MANCHESTER UNITED european champions league game, AND it will be on start TV live..and also this weekend games happening..so,finger cross it will be sweet as...
    Last edited by rainman; 14-09-12 at 06:49 PM.

Thanks

Currently watching all of the Turkish programmes FTA is all fine, but TvPlus doesnt have a contact number that one can get in touch with, plus we have submitted numerous amount of enquiries, but they havent replied as yet.

I have read here that TvPlus plus be using your old UBI member or card number, this is if your still watching it using UBI's old box.

Not all models of UBI box was able to watch the current programmes.
    I have a Strong box that i watch from.
    My question is :
    1. When is TvPlus people going to get in touch with old members.
    2. If we cannot contact TvPlus, and they do not reply back to enquireis?

I hope they dont just cut off the transmassion, without getting in touch with user's.

If somebody out there has latest news on the questions that i have asked, please let us know. I am sure other's are in the same position.

Kind Regards

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,066 Times in 6,761 Posts

Agreed, it's pretty poor customer service from TVPlus.

You would think with a presence in this forum they could make a better effort to answer questions in a timely manner.

They are not doing themselves any favours by being so slack.

It doesn't instill a lot of confidence in them for potential new customers, does it.

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mtv For This Useful Post:

SharP (19-09-12)

Thanks

Anyone who signs up is asking for more of the same shitty, over-priced service. Nothing against them, but the writing is clearly on the wall.

Thanks

I think they are still in progress of testing..Once they completed the testing I believe they are going to answer all our inquires..for now,all we need to do is wait...For Turkish customers point of you there are only 6 channels available.I heard that it is going to be at least 15 channels for Turkish viewers.Again I am not going to pay 69.95 a month just for 6 Turkish channels.no way...

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rainman View Post
    I think they are still in progress of testing..Once they completed the testing I believe they are going to answer all our inquires..for now,all we need to do is wait...For Turkish customers point of you there are only 6 channels available.I heard that it is going to be at least 15 channels for Turkish viewers.Again I am not going to pay 69.95 a month just for 6 Turkish channels.no way...
    there is dunya tv, an alternative iptv service. more channels less expensive but no lig tv.

Thanks

After the closure of ubi , I have decided to go with an iptv provider for Turkish channels. The name is called "etus tv". They have about 61 Turkish channels( with Plans to add more channels) and pvr. I've been using it for about a month , And there is no freezing or buffering at all even with my crappy dodo Internet connection. it takes about 5 seconds max to switch between channels. quality wise , it's brilliant on a 50" tv , especially the hd channels. Though it does cost 40$ a month it's worth it IMO , comparing to it 70$ ubi for 12 channels.

• The Following User Says Thank You to potenz For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SharP View Post
    there is dunya tv, an alternative iptv service. more channels less expensive but no lig tv.

I tried IPTV but connection sometimes freezes and I never heard DunyaTV.is it same as IPTV ? sorry I didnt see the link.I will have a look thanks..
    Last edited by rainman; 20-09-12 at 01:49 AM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by potenz View Post
    After the closure of ubi , I have decided to go with an iptv provider for Turkish channels. The name is called "etus tv". They have about 61 Turkish channels( with Plans to add more channels) and pvr. I've been using it for about a month , And there is no freezing or buffering at all even with my crappy dodo Internet connection. it takes about 5 seconds max to switch between channels. quality wise , it's brilliant on a 50" tv , especially the hd channels. Though it does cost 40$ a month it's worth it IMO , comparing to it 70$ ubi for 12 channels.
    well,bro thanks for that i will try that as well.I live in Sydney and i have a adsl2+ connection.I am only 900m away from my exchange.so you recon definitely wont have issue with connection..

Thanks

Potenz brother,do you have any link for your etus tv? I goggled it but comes up in German.Can I use it in Australia? do you know? and does etus tv has the lig tv or not?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rainman View Post
    well,bro thanks for that i will try that as well.I live in Sydney and i have a adsl2+ connection.I am only 900m away from my exchange.so you recon definitely wont have issue with connection..
    Yes ,it will work great with the connection you have . I'm about 2km's from the exchange and have a 8mbit connection. I've never seen any of the streams freezing and there is no voice delay, which I have seen in many other iptv boxes. You can definitely use the etus box here , and there is a reseller located in Sydney called "inttelink" . Also they let you have a 7 day trial period so you can test it. If your not happy with it, you get a full refund.
    At the moment there is no lig tv, but as far as I know they are trying to make an agreement with digiturk for lig tv sd/hd but for now there is FB tv in the list.

Currently they are increasing the number of servers so that more channels can be added
    I'll post up later today the list of tv channels and radio channels you get.
    Last edited by potenz; 20-09-12 at 02:30 PM. Reason: Typo

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by potenz View Post
    Yes ,it will work great with the connection you have . I'm about 2km's from the exchange and have a 8mbit connection. I've never seen any of the streams freezing and there is no voice delay, which I have seen in many other iptv boxes. You can definitely use the etus box here , and there is a reseller located in Sydney called "inttelink" . Also they let you have a 7 day trial period so you can test it. If your not happy with it, you get a full refund.
    At the moment there is no lig tv, but as far as I know they are trying to make an agreement with digiturk for lig tv sd/hd but for now there is FB tv in the list.

Currently they are increasing the number of servers so that more channels can be added
    I'll post up later today the list of tv channels and radio channels you get.
    thanks bro...how do I getting touch with this mob? what their web site? do you know?
    Last edited by rainman; 20-09-12 at 03:22 PM.

Thanks

I have MaaxTV for turkish/arabic channels and some channels are abit of poor quality but atleast its free

Administrator
    Thanks

TVPlus hasn't posted for 2 weeks now.

Given they started a thread to promote their service, it's piss-poor service....

If this is the level of customer service they are offering, it doesn't exactly make you feel confident about signing up with them.

People can make up their own minds if they would be happy doing business with a company with such poor customer service, but for me, I'd be looking at every other avenue instead.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SharP View Post

and no TRT3 (PTT LIG )
    If it is working ,do not touch it

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mtv View Post
    TVPlus hasn't posted for 2 weeks now.

Given they started a thread to promote their service, it's piss-poor service....

If this is the level of customer service they are offering, it doesn't exactly make you feel confident about signing up with them.

People can make up their own minds if they would be happy doing business with a company with such poor customer service, but for me, I'd be looking at every other avenue instead.
    Its very frustrating actually, things are just not seem to be happening and keep on getting told different things. The web page hasn't been updated for months and still no letters sent out to old ubi customers, which was supposed to happen over a month ago....honestly, what is one supposed to do...

Thanks

Greetings All

Sorry for the delay in posting

Mailouts are all going out as we speak to all Greeks & Turkish Viewers.

We have been spending time perfecting signals and sourcing more equipment to deliver more channels into Australia.

Call Center is setup and website is pending

Intial information will be in mail outs customers will receive this week

Administrator
    Thanks

How about posting the info in the mailouts here, including your call centre contact details?

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,731 Times in 5,823 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mtv View Post
    How about posting the info in the mailouts here, including your call centre contact details?
    Sounds logical doesnt it

• Page 10 of 46 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast