Page 11 of 46 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: TV Plus information thread

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by TVPlus View Post
    Greetings All

Sorry for the delay in posting

Mailouts are all going out as we speak to all Greeks & Turkish Viewers.

We have been spending time perfecting signals and sourcing more equipment to deliver more channels into Australia.

Call Center is setup and website is pending

Intial information will be in mail outs customers will receive this week
    Thanks for the update, hope that the other viewers will also receive mail outs very soon and more information about subscribing to your service.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by TVPlus View Post
    Greetings All

Sorry for the delay in posting

Mailouts are all going out as we speak to all Greeks & Turkish Viewers.

We have been spending time perfecting signals and sourcing more equipment to deliver more channels into Australia.

Call Center is setup and website is pending

Intial information will be in mail outs customers will receive this week
    Well your mail out to me will go to the trash bin.

As a former Tarbs/UBI subscriber I can tell you that I am fed up with it all.
    Last edited by Aikhme; 25-09-12 at 07:37 PM.

Thanks

Time to look at other avenues such as streaming methinks.

Thanks

I got the Greek letter from TV Plus today, and unfortunately with packages from $50-$60 as outlined in the letter its an instant no sale for my parents.

They were happily paying $30 to SelecTV and UBI for an a-la-carte package with ANT1 and ERT WORLD and that's all they really wanted.

Maybe you guys should consider lower end packages with less channels as I don't think most people are willing to shell out that much money.

Cheers

Thanks

I just got the same letter from TV Plus not much info apart that they bought UBI and the packages will be around $50-$60 a month...

Thing is I cancelled my UBI subscriptions about 2-3 weeks prior to there closure so I was no longer a subscriber to UBI nor will I be a subscriber to TV Plus...
    Lazer

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Lazer View Post
    I just got the same letter from TV Plus not much info apart that they bought UBI and the packages will be around $50-$60 a month...

Thing is I cancelled my UBI subscriptions about 2-3 weeks prior to there closure so I was no longer a subscriber to UBI nor will I be a subscriber to TV Plus...
    Lazer, can you attach the letter here?

Thanks

It's all in Greek but I'll try put it up later.
    Lazer

Thanks

Just done a quick scan with my phone should be readable

Lazer

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lazer For This Useful Post:

mtv (27-09-12)

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,074 Times in 6,765 Posts

It's rather pathetic that it took a previous UBI subscriber to post the TVPlus info, when TVPlus themselves started an info thread on this forum, supposedly to provide information and drum up business, but even when asked has provided bugger-all info.

Thanks

Default Tvplus pathetic picture quality

All the Greeks I know have told me that the picture quality for all the Greek channels on TVPLUS are very bad and they will never ever subscribe to them. They are all aware that they are being streamed over the internet with a squashed picture on most channels and that UBI is behind TVPLUS playing the same game over again.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by GrKTcB View Post
    I got the Greek letter from TV Plus today, and unfortunately with packages from $50-$60 as outlined in the letter its an instant no sale for my parents.

They were happily paying $30 to SelecTV and UBI for an a-la-carte package with ANT1 and ERT WORLD and that's all they really wanted.

Maybe you guys should consider lower end packages with less channels as I don't think most people are willing to shell out that much money.

Cheers
    Hold on guys. You are running too fast!!

The letter does not say anything about $50 or 60 packages.

They only say that, to ring up a technician to come & adjust/search your current box, to tune in the free available Greek Channels at the moment, he will charge you $50 to 60.

The package prices will be made available in the next few weeks.

Let's wait & see. They also say that by October they will add 8 to 10 more Greek channels.

Cheers

John Z

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to John Zet For This Useful Post:

mtv (28-09-12),SharP (28-09-12)

Thanks

Ok so the $50-$60 is to rescan the box, my reading of greek is not as good as it used to be LOL

So the original price of $70 still stands as first mentioned by TVPlus a while ago for monthly subscription.
    Last edited by Lazer; 28-09-12 at 07:47 AM.
    Lazer

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mtv View Post
    TVPlus hasn't posted for 2 weeks now.

Given they started a thread to promote their service, it's piss-poor service....

If this is the level of customer service they are offering, it doesn't exactly make you feel confident about signing up with them.

People can make up their own minds if they would be happy doing business with a company with such poor customer service, but for me, I'd be looking at every other avenue instead.
    they didn't start the thread Sanity did so we can get away from ubi crap, but like some one else said same crap as before even worse.
    Customer service what customer service?
    Just got the letter telling me welcome to your country home Greece we have this great channels ert rik 4e which are free world channels and alpha mega star in crap quality.
    I take back all i said about ubi i thought they were bad but this company is ridiculous.
    They say perfecting the signals is this another joke if anything picture is getting worse.
    Also why don't they let us know what other channels they are working on to bring to our screen in greek and turkish? More easily accessible channels eg Boula kondra ?
    Last edited by levend; 28-09-12 at 08:01 AM.

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,074 Times in 6,765 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by levend View Post
    they didn't start the thread Sanity did...
    Sanity started this thread.

I said TVPlus started a thread.

TVPlus started a thread to promote their new service in the UBI thread.

Sanity moved the discussion to this thread.

I hope that clarifies it for you.

Regardless of who started the thread, TVPlus has not been very responsive, which for someone who is here to promote their service to potential subscribers, indicates to me the level of customer service you can expect from them.

The service is crap and the PQ is crap and they expect people to pay top dollar for it, together with the requirement for a new decoder from them.

People can decide for themselves if they think it's worth it.

I'm not knocking someone for starting up a new satellite service, just the level of customer service and product.

Given their track record so far, If anything, I think TVPlus' presence here has been detrimental to them.

Even if they don't have any connection with TARBS/UBI, it would be reasonable to expect them to have learnt from their predcessors mistakes, but it appears they haven't.

Thanks

guys,
    has anyone received any letters in regards to Turkish channels? Are they going to add anymore Turkish channels?
    I have been watching these Turkish channels and I tell you guys it is pretty good quality now...

Thanks

for anyone that's turkish, i received the letter from tvplus today (sorry about the photo , water was spilt on the letter, the water spilt area says we charge $50 to adjust your dish from d2 to is8) IMO it will be $50 minimum if they decide to include ligtv in their list.

Last edited by potenz; 28-09-12 at 05:47 PM. Reason: photo

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by potenz View Post
    for anyone that's turkish, i received the letter from tvplus today (sorry about the photo , water was spilt on the letter, the water spilt area says we charge $50 to adjust your dish from d2 to is8) IMO it will be $50 minimum if they decide to include ligtv in their list.

so,Potenz brother,what you are saying is that; they are going to charge minimum 50 bucks for just 6 channels and including ligtv..Well,good luck to them,there is no way I am going to pay that much money just 6 channels...no way..but if they going to have a package like UBItv used to have;ligtv only..just for 15 bucks a month then I will buy it...otherwise thank you very much and good like to you TVPLUS..

okay bro I have just read the letter and it states that another 8 to 10 channels are going to be added for Turkish viewer in October..in this case it is okay then I will definitely going to buy it.Thanks for your help brother...
    Last edited by rainman; 28-09-12 at 08:03 PM.

Thanks

I have made enquiries to TV Plus and they told me that there were going to be 17 to 21 greek channels for $65 and $125 for decoder plus a $10 postage fee. Letters will be going out in a bout 7 to 10 days which will outline the offers. They will send out the card and decoder through the post similar what MYSAT does.

Thanks

hi guys is anyone know the names of the greek channels from plus tv are going to be on later on? at the moment we have 6 i think so anymore at the future? cheersssssssssss

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by klirou View Post
    hi guys is anyone know the names of the greek channels from plus tv are going to be on later on? at the moment we have 6 i think so anymore at the future? cheersssssssssss
    The only channels they have listed in the letter is ERT, Mega, Alfa, Star, 4E, RikSat.

My folks are not into there packages of $60+. If they come out with an al carte type package then they will be in it.

• Page 11 of 46 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718192021 ... LastLast