Page 8 of 46 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: TV Plus information thread

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by B52 View Post
    TV Plus move to 12527 H SR3000 currently FTA. The picture quality is poor.
    I just installed a motorised system so my parents can easily go from IS8 to D2. The ERT on IS8 is definitely poorer quality and the volume is also lower.

I can only assume that the quality is poor because it is currently MPEG2 (same algorithm used for DVD).
    When they go to MPEG4 (same algorithm used for DivX), it'll require about 1/6th of the bandwidth for the same quality, hence they'll be able to boost the quality. Just a guess though.

Most people have only MPEG2 boxes, hence the decision to broadcast freely this way. Get the Oldies hooked onto the programs first, then worry about quality.

I hope the channels remain free until Oct 10, when I return from holidays. If the Uncles and Aunts have to pay to get the dish moved to D2, they'll be crying about it for decades (Greeks know what I'm talking about ).

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,074 Times in 6,765 Posts

TVPlus have said they will be starting encryption this month (September).

Considering the TVPlus decoder does not permit even tuning any other signals other than their own, I doubt it will be able to control the dish motor, so you will need a dual LNB, one cable connected to the decoder/positioner to move the dish and the other cable to the TVPlus decoder.

Naturally, if you subscribe to TVPlus and don't wish to change satellites, you could leave it permanently pointed at IS19.

Switching from MPEG2 to MPEG4 will only improve PQ if it is currently restricting the bit rate.

If the source program is poor quality, transmitting it on MPEG4 will not improve it.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by alcatron View Post
    Seems like there is another company operating on Optus D2

BHT1, Hayat Plus, BN TV, TV1 all FTA 1st September to 1st October

Anyone pick these up on D2?
    They are on Intelsat 19 12527 Sr 30000

• The Following User Says Thank You to apsattv For This Useful Post:

bitola (06-09-12)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by apsattv View Post
    Incorrect. They are on D2. More info at

Note. I do not work for BosnaTV nor any other ethnic pay tv.
    Last edited by Liski; 06-09-12 at 10:40 AM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by apsattv View Post
    apsattv...can we get the signal in nsw on existng intelsat8 kuband dish, or do we have to move it a touch?

bitola

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,074 Times in 6,765 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bitola View Post
    apsattv...can we get the signal in nsw on existng intelsat8 kuband dish, or do we have to move it a touch?

bitola
    The BosnaTV channels are on Optus D2 (not IS8/19)

D2:
    12608 H
    SR 22500
    FEC 3/4

bitola, if these are the channels you want and your dish is currently pointed at IS8/19, then your dish and LNB requires re-alignment.

There's a fair difference in dish alignment between IS8/19 and D2, also, the LNB skew is about 40 deg difference between those sats.

Any further discussion on the BosnaTV service would be best posted in the thread started on the subject by Liski as this thread is about TVPlus.

• The Following User Says Thank You to mtv For This Useful Post:

bitola (06-09-12)

Thanks

Members of the Greek and Cypriot Community,

as you are all aware, President Christofias during his State visit to Australia, promised the RIK Sat will be FTA. Sadly, it appears that President Christofias has not been true to his word.

It is important to understand that RIK is a State run channel, and it is important for the Australian diaspora that this tax payer funded service remain FTA in order to promote the Cypriot culture and language amongst Cypriots living abroad and to also increase awareness of the Turkish Occupation of 37% of the island.

The decision to have RIK Sat as a pay tv service is short sighted, especially since it is unlikely that young Cypriot families will pay for this service on top of any existing Foxtell service of higher quality and diversity.

I urge Cypriots in Australia to contact and lobby their community representatives, the Cyprus High Commissioner, RIK and their NEPOMAK representatives to highlight their dismay and frustration as a result of the Cyprus Government treating the Australian and New Zealand Diaspora with sheer contempt as compared to the Diaspora on the European continent that have RIK FTA through Hellas Sat.

Kind Regards

Aikhme

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Liski View Post
    Incorrect. They are on D2. More info at

Note. I do not work for BosnaTV nor any other ethnic pay tv.
    Hold on !!

reason for the confusion some of them ARE also on Intelsat 19 on the transponder listed.

BTW channels in this transponder are a mix of MPG2 and MPG4

Last edited by apsattv; 06-09-12 at 07:37 PM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Aikhme View Post

as you are all aware, President Christofias during his State visit to Australia, promised the RIK Sat will be FTA. Sadly, it appears that President Christofias has not been true to his word.

It is important to understand that RIK is a State run channel, and it is important for the Australian diaspora that this tax payer funded service remain FTA in order to promote the Cypriot culture and language amongst Cypriots living abroad and to also increase awareness of the Turkish Occupation of 37% of the island.

The decision to have RIK Sat as a pay tv service is short sighted, especially since it is unlikely that young Cypriot families will pay for this service on top of any existing Foxtell service of higher quality and diversity.

I urge Cypriots in Australia to contact and lobby their community representatives, the Cyprus High Commissioner, RIK and their NEPOMAK representatives to highlight their dismay and frustration as a result of the Cyprus Government treating the Australian and New Zealand Diaspora with sheer contempt as compared to the Diaspora on the European continent that have RIK FTA through Hellas Sat.

Kind Regards

Aikhme
    Well said Aikhme
    I totally agree with every word & as you said it is a tax payer funded service that should remain FTA. And for those who would like to voice their disgust at this decision feel free to contact:

Andreas Hadjithemistos
    First Secretary / Consul
    CYPRUS HIGH COMMISSION
    30, Beale Crescent
    Deakin ACT 2600
    Canberra
    Tel: 02-6281 0832
    Fax: 02-6281 0860

Cheers,

Peterpop

Thanks

I thought TVPLUS was going to add more Turkish channels before they start encrypting..Does anyone knows anything about more Turkish channels?because,I don't think anyone will pay 69.95 dollars just for 5 channels..

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rainman View Post
    I thought TVPLUS was going to add more Turkish channels before they start encrypting..Does anyone knows anything about more Turkish channels?because,I don't think anyone will pay 69.95 dollars just for 5 channels..
    Dont think anyhone will pay that much for 5 channels.
    But they have stated 15 greek and I presume it would include 15 on a turkish subscription.
    Im not an expert but they will be transmitting in mpeg4 so for now they have left the mpeg 2 signal still going and getting the older channels you got with ubi.
    And the newer channels they are testing are in mpeg 4 so the older decoders may be not able to pick them up.
    Just my guess

Premium Member

Thanks
    Thanked 3,806 Times in 2,525 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Aikhme View Post

Kind Regards

Aikhme
    I would suggest you check first that the program is being supplied FTA but like our ABC and SBS FTA channels on Foxtel/Austar, the subscriber is paying for the use of the STB and the cost of SUPPLYING the program, NOT the content.
    Someone has to pay for the broadcasting so maybe while the Cypriot Government is happy to supply the program FTA, they are not prepared to pay a broadcaster to carry it.
    TVPlus is a Business and has costs to meet and supplying a service FTA doesnt meet that criteria.
    I stand unequivicably behind everything I say , I just dont ever remember saying it !!

Thanks

Default encryption

Could TVPlus please advise what date this month will they do the encryption to all the channles? as some of them are still available FTA at the moment..thanks.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by PT_ View Post
    Could TVPlus please advise what date this month will they do the encryption to all the channles? as some of them are still available FTA at the moment..thanks.
    are you for real mate ?

bitola

Thanks

Greetings

For the former UBI customers some more time yet before we encrypt.

Kind Regards

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by TVPlus View Post
    Greetings

Kind Regards
    well,no rush mate,I am quiet happy to wait..I mean,don't we all!!!!take your time TVPLUS..it is all good,no complaint yet....I mean having LIGTV for free,it is awesome,I have whatched the BESIKTAS-GALATASARAY soccer game live for free and clear as...Well,please don't rush for encryption...
    Last edited by rainman; 11-09-12 at 02:09 AM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by levend View Post
    Dont think anyhone will pay that much for 5 channels.
    But they have stated 15 greek and I presume it would include 15 on a turkish subscription.
    Im not an expert but they will be transmitting in mpeg4 so for now they have left the mpeg 2 signal still going and getting the older channels you got with ubi.
    And the newer channels they are testing are in mpeg 4 so the older decoders may be not able to pick them up.
    Just my guess
    thanks bro...

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bitola View Post
    are you for real mate ?

bitola
    It was mentioned here that it will be in September some time, so just asked the question.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by TVPlus View Post
    Greetings

Kind Regards
    Thanks for the update. Could you please also advise when letters will be sent out to ubi customers? as still haven't received anything, been a few weeks now. Thanks.

Thanks

Thanks for the update. Could you please also advise when letters will be sent out to ubi customers? as still haven't received anything, been a few weeks now. Thanks.
    Might be a lot more testing to be done as pq is crap channels loose reception heaps freezing sound problems omg I'm going back to Ubi days .

They have stated old ubi subscribers once the channels will get encrypted will still be able to watch the channels with the old ubi card.
    So I presume you ring up tell them you want to subscribe and the'll ask for the ubi number on the card and off you go while you wait for new box.
    So be patient don't worry about letters so on they have told us here

• Page 8 of 46 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast