Thread: Hills NX Security Alarm Remote Control Keyfob

Thanks

Default Hills NX Security Alarm Remote Control Keyfob

I have a NX8 alarm system with a wireless receiver.

I have just bought a Hills NX Security Alarm Remote Control Keyfob as my old one died.

These are the instructions I was given:

Simple Installation:

- Open remote control module cover, push and hold the PROG button on the receiver for one second; LED will go on.

- Press button one on the remote to learn, LED flashes three times and stays on for 10 seconds then turns off.

- Finished.

I opened the alarm box, however, I can't find the wireless receiver?

I have a board for the smoke alarms (ADEMCO) and another small board with interface written on it.

The interface board does not appear to be the wireless receiver as there is no antenna led or anything that looks like a Learn/Delete Switch button.

There is a main board slotted into the right side of the cabinet.

I can see two red led's (one at top left and the other near the bottom right), however, nothing that resembles a button?

I know that there is a wireless receiver in there as I bought it as an accessory and the only remote I now have works.

Can anyone tell me where the Learn/Delete Switch button is please?

Look Here ->

Thanks

The wireless receiver isn't in there. The other small board is a relay. The aftermarket/accessory wireless receivers for NX/Reliance are in a small black plasitic enclosure. It could be in the roof above the panel, it could be in the siren box, it could be anywhere. The best way to locate it without asking the installer where it was put is to trace the cables connected to the BUS. Your keypad will be one of them, the other (assuming you have only 1 keypad and no other devices on the BUS) will be the receiver.

• The Following User Says Thank You to Drift For This Useful Post:

oldsalt (14-08-12)

Thanks

Thanks, the fool who installed the system and gave me all sorts of grief has buggered off to Tassie.

I'm in a rural SA town and there are many like me that are glad to have seen the back of him.

I will check the siren box as it would have been too much work for him to put it in the roof.
    Last edited by oldsalt; 14-08-12 at 04:38 PM. Reason: spelling

Thanks

Last edited by oldsalt; 14-08-12 at 09:54 PM.

Thanks

Look behind your keypad - it's on the bus and gives good wireless reception near where you enter/exit

• The Following User Says Thank You to PANDATECH For This Useful Post:

oldsalt (14-08-12)

Thanks

Here is behind my keypad, I can't see anything related to the wireless receiver.

I just found out the originall installer has set up his business in Tassie. I asked him via email to tell me where he hid it, however, due to his doing a real shitty job in my place I doubt if he will reply.

I bet he went to Tassie because you don't need a licence except if you do monitoring.

He used to do monitoring here in Kadina SA, however, in Tassie he is not doing it as I guess he would need a licence.

Is there anyone that comes to Kadina that could help me sort this mess please.

I still don't know if my alarm is being monitored, however, it seems unlikely.

Can I just program it to phone my mobile until this is sorted please?

What does the "bus" look like?
    Last edited by oldsalt; 14-08-12 at 07:30 PM.

Banned
    Thanks

Cool

Open up the panel & look at terminals 7 ,8 & 9. This is the "BUS" that various peripherals can be wired to. Assuming you only have a basic installation then you will have two devices cabled to the "BUS", your codepad & your wireless receiver. Both these devices will almost certainly be run with 4 core cable of which 3 wires will be connected. You will need a youngsalt to hop up in the ceiling to work out which one goes to the codepad (cause you know where that is). Then the other one will need to be physically traced to find out where the receiver is. I'm guessing it will be in the roof space towards the front of the house.

• The Following User Says Thank You to watchdog For This Useful Post:

oldsalt (15-08-12)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by watchdog View Post
    Open up the panel & look at terminals 7 ,8 & 9. This is the "BUS" that various peripherals can be wired to. Assuming you only have a basic installation then you will have two devices cabled to the "BUS", your codepad & your wireless receiver. Both these devices will almost certainly be run with 4 core cable of which 3 wires will be connected. You will need a youngsalt to hop up in the ceiling to work out which one goes to the codepad (cause you know where that is). Then the other one will need to be physically traced to find out where the receiver is. I'm guessing it will be in the roof space towards the front of the house.
    Thanks so much for your help, I now know what I am doing, just got to find a young salt.

I even received a reply from the monitoring company and all is cool there.

Thanks

I picked up on this topic today, thanks to everyone who left advice. My Hills Reliance 8 problem is a little more complex. My key fobs have "stay", "leave home" and "return home" buttons. I want to program a replacement fob - one old one has gone dud. Can anyone help?