Page 12 of 20 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617181920 LastLast

Thread: Doctor Who Fans

LSemmens
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,073 Times in 3,346 Posts

What spoiler, Tiny? The episode had been aired here, and Bigfella had already commented. I just looked it up on Wiki, as anyone could have done.
    I'm out of my mind, but feel free to leave a message...

Thanks
    Thanked 1,152 Times in 578 Posts

The episode I commented on (Face the Raven) had been aired four times on ABC over Sunday and Monday so if you hadn't seen it by then you weren't really trying, BUT it was part one of a two-parter, the second part of which is yet to be aired.

Clara died in this part one, but that's nothing unusual as she's died in part one about half-a-dozen times before and they've always managed to resurrect her in part two, I guess this time they don't?

I get the feeling that all her previous brushes with death over this season may have been a setup as now, somewhere in the back of our brains, everyone is half expecting her return.

Remember too that, while the story was dropped for this new doctor, she is still "the impossible girl" and was dispersed throughout The Doctor's entire time stream on Trenzalore, not just his past?

The trap is set for the Doctor’s friends. They will travel where the Doctor ends.

His friends are lost for ever more, unless he goes to Trenzalore.

This man must fall as all men must. The fate of all is always dust.

The man who lies will lie no more when this man lies at Trenzalore.

The girl who died he tried to save. She’ll die again inside his grave.
    Dead or not, I say don't be too surprised if she still makes a guest appearance in a future episode, and that is my prediction, not a spoiler!

Andrew

• The Following User Says Thank You to Bigfella237 For This Useful Post:

Tiny (30-11-15)

Premium Member

Thanks
    Thanked 3,806 Times in 2,525 Posts

That last line is open for Interpretation and with Dr Who, would anybody be surprised to see 'Clara' still alive and kicking as the Season ends???

I am thinking of the character 'Ashildr' could be the one mentioned because he saved her from Death and now she keeps 'popping up' causing all sorts of mischief either by design or ignorance.
    I stand unequivicably behind everything I say , I just dont ever remember saying it !!

Commonly found in a pantry or the bottom of a fridge, searching for grains, fermented or distilled
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,420 Times in 2,521 Posts

Finally an episode that I really enjoyed and none of that cliffhanger rubbish.

Hope the Doctor stays without partner for a while. Much better.
    Update: A deletion of features that work well and ain't broke but are deemed outdated in order to add things that are up to date and broken.
    Compatibility: A word soon to be deleted from our dictionaries as it is outdated.
    Humans: Entities that are not only outdated but broken... AI-self-learning-update-error...terminate...terminate...

Premium Lager

Thanks
    Thanked 2,711 Times in 1,230 Posts

I love Jenna Coleman!!!!!!!! Hottest companion for the Doctor in years!!!!
    __________________________________________________ __
    Statistically, if you wait long enough, everything will happen!

Crazy Diamond
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,437 Times in 2,652 Posts

Yes agree, really enjoyed that episode.

@ Bigfella; well said. I had watched Face the Raven Pt 1 & fully expected another resurrection of Clara.
    Now having seen Pt 2 (Heaven Sent), it's obvious she has gone forever (except guest appearances of course).

Had a feeling she was going to leave eventually; they all do, I try not to know the future of programs & had not heard about the radio interview announcing her departure, so it was a surprise to me.

I do wonder who will be next, however I can wait for the on air surprise.
    The Doctor sometimes travels alone for many episodes, however I feel the writers think he needs a companion.
    Last edited by Tiny; 30-11-15 at 06:22 PM.
    Cheers, Tiny
    "You can lead a person to knowledge, but you can't make them think? If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the problem.
    The information is out there; you just have to let it in."

Premium Member

Thanks

I missed it last night (Sunday) as I wasnt bothered after last weeks episode but now you have made me want to see what I missed so time to check when its on today on ABC2 either Terrestrially or VAST.

I thought Jenna Coleman who I did like, was due to leave the series this season anyway reportedly for 50 different reasons, most of which no doubt are exactly that, reports.
    Last edited by gordon_s1942; 30-11-15 at 11:52 AM.
    I stand unequivicably behind everything I say , I just dont ever remember saying it !!

Thanks

I hate to be the voice of dissent (well I don't really) but I didn't think much of that episode, not to give anything away but I found myself shouting at the TV to "just get on with it already" instead of going around and around and around (and around) in circles!

But I'll probably give it another watch tonight (it's repeated 19:29 EDST on ABC2 and again at 23:57 as usual), maybe it will be better the second time around?

Andrew

Crazy Diamond
    Thanks

& around & around & around, hahaha. yes it was a bit like that. Interesting though.
    Cheers, Tiny
    "You can lead a person to knowledge, but you can't make them think? If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the problem.

LSemmens
    Thanks

Last nights episode was very dark and circular, One that could have easily been summed up in the credits. Not one of their best efforts, especially after part 2 of "Raven" which I thought was one of the best efforts of this series.

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,599 Times in 1,950 Posts

im starting to lose interest........

plots are weak and capaldi is crap.....

Commonly found in a pantry or the bottom of a fridge, searching for grains, fermented or distilled
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by hoe View Post
    ...and capaldi is crap.....
    Compared to David Tennant I have to agree.

The plot had a good twist and had me until then thinking what the hell is this all about?
    However the moment the Doctor held the plugged-in skull a second time in his hands, it was really obvious enough. They didn't have to repeat it all over for what seemed to me like 10 minutes of wasted time.
    What clearly bothered me that after 2 billion years his skulls should have piled up so high under the tower that they should have emerged from the water and he would have eventually smashed on them when he jumped.
    Also if he only kept bashing on one spot on the diamond wall, how come did it become an almost perfectly rectangular door size exit instead of a small round tunnel, barely enough to squeeze through. Probably could have saved 1.5 billion years to do just that, LOL.
    Update: A deletion of features that work well and ain't broke but are deemed outdated in order to add things that are up to date and broken.
    Compatibility: A word soon to be deleted from our dictionaries as it is outdated.
    Humans: Entities that are not only outdated but broken... AI-self-learning-update-error...terminate...terminate...

Thanks

So I guess we're discussing details now... HELLO PLOT HOLES!

How did the first set of dry clothes get left there, did the first Doctor do his time in the buff so all the subsequent Doctors could have a set of dry clothes to change into?

And he said he could lure the hoody-monster to the other side of the castle and have 82 minutes to work, so why didn't he do this before going at the diamond wall?

And what about all the tools at his disposal, at the very least he had a shovel and several heavy stone blocks, hell even the soup spoon would've been better than a bare fist?

Sorry to say that episode didn't get any better the second time around, in fact it probably annoyed me even more, and I still didn't get the whole "BIRD" in the sand thing, obviously referencing the raven from earlier but why?

Although, the next episode looks interesting in the shorts.

Andrew

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Bigfella237 View Post
    ...and I still didn't get the whole "BIRD" in the sand thing, obviously referencing the raven from earlier but why?

Andrew
    The Doctor realises that the message "bird" found in the teleporter room was a reference to "" by the , featuring a bird which slowly weathers away a mountain with its beak.

... hence using his fist to destroy the tougher than diamond like substance Azbantuim over a longer period of time.

P.S. I am really not that clever, just looked it up here
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heaven_Sent_(Doctor_Who)
    ... and of course I would have used the spade too with my simplistic view of things but that would not have been so dramatic. You are supposed to feel the pain he suffers.
    Last edited by Uncle Fester; 30-11-15 at 10:08 PM.

• The Following User Says Thank You to Uncle Fester For This Useful Post:

Tiny (01-12-15)

LSemmens
    Thanks

That theory, while good, is full of one HUGE hole. If he were to spend millions of years hammering at the diamond. He would have to have been doing it for literally millions of years. Every time he went off to save the world, no "erosion" would occur, so no weakening of the diamond. At most, he could have actually been working on it for only a few hours, or days.

Premium Member

Thanks

After reading your comments has helped me partly understand what the episode last night was all about because I dozed off to sleep part way through and I think I enjoyed doing that more than trying to work out what the hell the story was all about.
    I am sorry but all that symbolism and repetition just goes over my head along with the hard to hear and under the breath cryptic mumbling's certainly didnt help either.

Thanks

Apparently that episode took place inside The Doctor's "last will and testament" disc thingy, which has also been called his "confession disc" if I'm not mistaken.

So I guess the whole point was that he confessed to being "The Hybrid", which will no doubt be expanded upon in future episodes?

But Ashildr took his confession disc from him before he got teleported (I assume because he can't have it with him and be inside it at the same time), so does she still have it and if so, why did he also have one once he broke out and the castle collapsed? Is that second one a disc within the disc, IOW is he still inside the original disc?

Or was the one and only disc supposedly sitting outside somewhere (where he could see the stars) untouched for 2 billion years?

Thanks

Apparently that episode took place inside The Doctor's "last will and testament" disc thingy, which has also been called his "confession disc" if I'm not mistaken.

So I guess the whole point was that he confessed to being "The Hybrid", which will no doubt be expanded upon in future episodes?

But Ashildr took his confession disc from him before he got teleported (I assume because he can't have it with him and be inside it at the same time), so does she still have it and if so, why did he also have one once he broke out and the castle collapsed? Is that second one a disc within the disc, IOW is he still inside the original disc?

Or was the one and only disc supposedly sitting outside somewhere (where he could see the stars) untouched for 2 billion years?
    This is exactly why I enjoy episodes like this and what makes them so epic.
    One can not stop pondering about the mysteries.
    The confession disc is now on Gallifrey(home of the time lords) 2 billion years later, which means nothing for a time lord of course but still a lot could have happened to Ashildr and the disc in the mean time.
    Lets hope part 3 will clear things up somewhat.

• The Following User Says Thank You to Uncle Fester For This Useful Post:

Tiny (01-12-15)

Thanks

~ Clara died in this part one, but that's nothing unusual as she's died in part one about half-a-dozen times before and they've always managed to resurrect her in part two, I guess this time they don't? ~
    Well what a surprise, they've resurrected Clara bloody Oswald yet again, what the hell does it take to get rid of this women?

So was that the season final? I'm guessing so as they previewed the xmas special afterward.

Andrew

Crazy Diamond
    Thanks

Is she really resurrected? I don't recall her having a heart beat yet?
    The flower power TARDIS was a giggle.
    Anyway; I thought that was a great episode to end the season.
    A few good twists & some loose ends to be looked into next season.
    Clara & Ashildr in a TARDIS setting off to explore the universe, hmmm?

Next up is the xmas special.
    Cheers, Tiny

• Page 12 of 20 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617181920 LastLast