Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 1011121314151617181920

Thread: Doctor Who Fans

Commonly found in a pantry or the bottom of a fridge, searching for grains, fermented or distilled
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,412 Times in 2,516 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bigfella237 View Post
    Aside from the odd Christmas Special, I quit the series a couple of years ago.

I just get so sick of having all these (not-so) hidden agendas forced down my throat. The writers are expending so much energy trying to 'include' every minority group that the 'message' itself has taken centre stage, leaving precious-little else worth watching.

The Doctor is (apparently) a thousand year old alien being, who for some reason seems to spend an inordinate amount of time in one particular country, on one insignificant little planet, in the outer spiral arm of just one galaxy among countless others, so why doesn't he/she/they/it ever regenerate into something non-human? Surely the extra-terrestrial demographic is being ignored here... Somebody better get onto that! [rolls eyes]
    Time Lords and human beings look alike

So it kind of makes sense to spend some time on our planet, insignificant as it might seem.

I haven't watched Doctor Who since 5 years (the Scottish doctor).
    I was busy watching a lot of other SciFi that I think are better. If I had more time maybe a revisit.

I have mentioned elsewhere that gender minorities do not bother me, like on Star Trek discovery. They deal with it naturally and no big fuss, just like other alien beings would be treated, all the same.
    However if it were to become major topic of the story then no, I am not interested in drama. Too much of that already. I want good SciFi stories
    Last edited by Uncle Fester; 13-12-23 at 03:52 PM.
    Update: A deletion of features that work well and ain't broke but are deemed outdated in order to add things that are up to date and broken.
    Compatibility: A word soon to be deleted from our dictionaries as it is outdated.
    Humans: Entities that are not only outdated but broken... AI-self-learning-update-error...terminate...terminate...

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Uncle Fester For This Useful Post:

Tiny (13-12-23)

Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 1011121314151617181920