Thread: ?? spyware programme removing Microsoft MSE?

Thanks

Default ?? spyware programme removing Microsoft MSE?

Hi. In a previous post - Hi-jacked by what?, I installed Speedy PC Pro (and Malwarebytes as recommended with no troubles). When Speedy is run it finds multiple problems ( no malware ) to fix and I have to reboot, which is a pain. But then I started to notice that the MSE icon had disappeared. Then I could not even find MSE in programs and re-downloaded. Ok until Speedy runs again. MSE programme is still there but the icon has gone again. I go to START, computer, C/ program OPEN msseces.exe and the icon is back. Regardless, control panel, action center, security, says that all is working. CCleaner, Tools, Startup and MSE is not present. Have I bought myself into this and should I delete Speedy (having paid my $30 or can anybody suggest an alternative solution? Thanks.

Look Here ->
    2014 Austech AFL tipping champion.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,523 Times in 804 Posts

Get rid of it.

As they say on that forum the best ones are free.

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to hughdman For This Useful Post:

OSIRUS (05-12-12),Tasman (03-11-12)

Thanks

Thanks hughdman for taking the time to find that. I should have used MajorGeeks before this. SH#t. caveat emptor. Unfortunately, we all, well some of us, tend to panic when we have been assailed by a bug. Speedy seemed to provide a cure. Google - remove ( 'seekportal.com'). I still have had no response from Microsoft as to why MSE failed to stop this bug. Now there is the problem of removing Speedy in its entirety (read above) even though within, I eventually found how to remove. But will it completley remove?.
    Any other answers would be appreciated, but I will tomorrow , take hughdman's advice.

Banned

Thanks
    Thanked 1,206 Times in 607 Posts

Excerpt from:

Can I have more than one real-time anti-malware product installed?

No. Having more than one real-time anti-malware product installed will compete with other anti-malware product(s), and can cause severe performance problems and system instability issues, and may limit the effectiveness of the products installed. Even if you attempt to have more than one product installed, with one active and another disabled, the disabled product will likely still have active components and/or drivers installed that will conflict with MSE. The important issue here is that any other product with real-time scanning will conflict with MSE (or any other real-time product).

However, you can have an on-demand scanner, such as Malwarebytes, installed. Malwarebytes offers two different scanners – one on-demand (free), and one real-time (paid). The on-demand scanner does not conflict with MSE’s real-time scanning.
    Resume: You can't use MSE and an another third-party real-time scanner simultanously.

Thanks

Have seen this many times, Your computer is still infected. Run TDSSKiller click change parameters, tick both additional options, then scan with super antispyware - run a full scan and it should solve your problem... malwarebytes and spybot S&D dont seem to fix the problem...

Banned

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Tasman View Post
    But will it completley remove?.
    How to entirely remove Speedy PC Pro in detail is described , last updated September 12, 2012.

BTW: A well behaved scanner never removes alleged threats automatically, but presents user the list of those threats and asks user what do: skip and/or put software into quarantaine and/or remove this software. At least all scanners I have used and am still usingl do so. Can't believe that Speedy PC Pro unattended acts, means automatically removes software if assumed to be a threat.

• The Following User Says Thank You to jwoegerbauer For This Useful Post:

Tasman (14-12-12)

Banned

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mutanti View Post
    Run TDSSKiller
    Be warned: Kaspersky's TDDS Killer only searches for specific RootKits. It is NOT a swiss knife.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jwoegerbauer View Post
    Be warned: Kaspersky's TDDS Killer only searches for specific RootKits. It is NOT a swiss knife.
    True... But has been one of many valuable tools I have used..

Thanks

Hi. Since my problem with Speedy, I installed Malwarebytes (paid version) and have had no problems with also running MSE. In fact, MSE failed to find anything when I was looking at Chinese Web sites, but Malwarebytes stopped some using the ISP address as being suspect. My understanding of potential conflict, was that two antivirus programmes running together was a no-no, but anti-malware was not a problem except for a possible slowing down of resources. Please correct me if this is a false assumption. Thanks.

Banned

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Tasman View Post
    Hi. Since my problem with Speedy, I installed Malwarebytes (paid version) and have had no problems with also running MSE. In fact, MSE failed to find anything when I was looking at Chinese Web sites, but Malwarebytes stopped some using the ISP address as being suspect. My understanding of potential conflict, was that two antivirus programmes running together was a no-no, but anti-malware was not a problem except for a possible slowing down of resources. Please correct me if this is a false assumption. Thanks.
    1. Each AV has different preferences. Not each AV reports reliable results due to fact a virus signature (a sequence of bytes) can be a sequence of bytes the clean application to be run contains too. Often a positive virus alarm is given, where nothing is suspect.
    2. Runing an AV (it doen't matter which one) always slows down, because each byte transferred must be investigated.