Thread: Turn Off Voicemail/call divert optus

Thanks

Default Turn Off Voicemail/call divert optus

Just thought i would put this up , recently moved from Optus Prepaid to Amaysim but had huge problems turning off Voicemail and all the other crap that Optus force on you.

HOW TO TURN OFF ALL OF OPTUS'S GARBAGE

1) Dial ##002# -> Turn off diversions. It works, but only partially.

2) Dial ##21# -> Turn off call redirect. Don't ask me what the difference to the above was.

Now, this is supposed to turn off ALL redirects (below), but Optus STILL didn't want to give up it's useless services! I had to disable them seperately.

So you will need to:

3) Dial ##67# -> Disable Busy redirect. People will NOT GET CHARGED if you're on the phone, and simply get a 'number busy' error.

4) Dial ##61# -> The phone will RING OUT and the caller will NOT GET CHARGED for useless voicemail, which whilst still apparently 'disabled' from above.. Isn't!

5) Dial ##62# -> The caller will simply get a 'phone not available' message, when Out of Coverage area or switched off. No charge-incurring voicemail.

Now, time to turn off useless services like Missed Call Services, which are redundant anyway.

6) SMS 'OFF' (without the ') to 159 -> Disable 'Missed Call Service'. You may get an error, but just keep spamming this number over days/weeks and it will eventually work.

7) SMS 'OFF' to 147 -> Disabled 'Call Recall'

After all of this, you will have a fully functional phone without any of Optus's garbage. If you're out of range, busy or not available, people can send you a SMS if they care so much. Otherwise you'll notice the missed call on your mobile without Optus telling you the same thing as an SMS!

Hope this helps someone

Cheers

JH

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to johnhoward For This Useful Post:

brian/100 (23-09-12),Seymour Butts (23-09-12)

Look Here ->
  • 29-01-18, 10:49 PM

Reason
    duplicate post

Thanks

Much appreciated JH. I carried out all suggestions though not Ring Out 159 which still spams. I received a text advising of a new voicemail PIN
    and now have a message when not answered promising an audio message will be sent. Any Suggestions..thanks Peter B

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,066 Times in 6,761 Posts

Perhaps things have changed since this thread was posted... over 5 years ago.

Thanks

OK all not lost. I SMS OFF to 159 and seems to have solved the problem. Thanks