Thread: HILLS alarm system LED display HELP

Thanks

Default HILLS alarm system LED display HELP

Hello, I am new here. I have a Hills alarm system with LED display, thats about all i know about it, model unknown? It has the pictures of the fire, police and ambulance down the left hand side. A couple of weeks ago a smoke detector went off in the house and the alarm went off whilst out of the home. Now the fire button is red and lit up continuous. Now when i put in my code to exit and enter the property to arm and dis-arm the system, I now have to input the code 2 times . Anybody know how to reset this or turn the fire button off? I have tried pushing # 7 like it said in the manual to reset it, but it is not doing anything and the light is still on.

Look Here ->
    Thanks

It is *7 NOT #7 that will reset latched alarms like smoke detectors.

Thanks

thank you so much bet2win, it worked. They have put the wrong " # " in the manual, i just double checked it, they have # written instead of *. Must be a typo. thanks so much again.

Thanks

One more question please. When i arm the PARTIAL mode, to secure the perimeter whilst im inside, if a window or door is open, the alarm is taking like 30 seconds to go off. I think that is way to long as someone can be already inside by this stage and i wouldnt even know it, especially if im asleep etc...is there a way to set the time for it to go off quicker? Like shouldnt the alarm go straight off once that door or window is opened?

Thanks

If you have the Installer (Tech) code, you can change the programming of Feature #25 and Segment 1 which has a default value of 20.

Thanks

Default new to this panel

Hi guys, i am new to this form and have a quick question about my alarm panel. I moved into new property equipped with this panel (picture attached) and have not been given any alarm code or master code. how can i get it or if anyone can advise me the steps to obtain them and how can i add my land line number so any alarm can report back to my mobile through land line?

Thanks

Most probably will need a tech visit to reprogram-service.

Premium Member

Thanks
    Thanked 4,171 Times in 1,771 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MANNUMONA View Post
    Hi guys, i am new to this form and have a quick question about my alarm panel. I moved into new property equipped with this panel (picture attached) and have not been given any alarm code or master code. how can i get it or if anyone can advise me the steps to obtain them and how can i add my land line number so any alarm can report back to my mobile through land line?

Your description and posted pictures suggest that the unit is a Hills (DAS) NX4 system.

You will find User and Installation Manuals available on the net if you search for them (use Google) .

The post at might help you further.