Thread: Hills Reliance R8 Question

Thanks

Default Hills Reliance R8 Question

Hi all,

I bought a house with the abovementioned alarm system installed. The vendor nor the real estate agent showed me how to use it/gave me any codes for it.

I obviously never use it and don't really care to use it either, but I'd like it to stop beeping!

Between 7:30am and 8:30am ~6 out of 7 days a week it will start beeping. Pressing the 'power' button on the control panel stops it. Sometimes it starts up again, sometimes it doesn't. After about 9 or 10am it won't start beeping again until the next day.

Also, the area 1 light constantly flashes.

Firstly, is it possible to stop this from happening? I called a local alarm place and they said it was a fault and needed to be reset to defaults. I didn't want to pay the triple figure quote to have someone come and do that to an alarm I don't want to use.

So, if the only way to stop it is to have a tech come out, can I simply unplug it from the wall and pull the battery backup out to totally disable it?

From what I can see there is a phone line, a power adaptor and the box itself with the battery backup in it, among other things.

Thanks in advance!

Look Here ->
    Banned
    Thanks

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by jamess View Post
    can I simply unplug it from the wall and pull the battery backup out to totally disable it?

!
    that's all you need to do

• The Following User Says Thank You to watchdog For This Useful Post:

jamess (09-10-12)