Thread: Unable to default Solution 16+

Thanks

Default Unable to default Solution 16+

Hi all,
    I have a 16+ which I need to re-program but I am unable to default the system. It seems the default installer code of 1234 has been changed.
    I held in the default button on the panel and connected mains, released to button a second or two later and waited. The system made a few beeps and came online. I checked the keypad and it showed errors such as missing RF etc so it obviously retained the previous programing as this wasn't connected.
    I tried 1234menu and again nothing, I can however access limited menus with my user code but no installer options, including the software reset menu.
    No backup battery is attached, would this prevent the default or is there something I'm missing?? Thanks

Look Here ->
    Thanks

Sound like you the victim of "installer lockout" this stops other people (companies) taking over alarm systems. If you don't have the installer code your wasting your time, you can't backdoor, over ride, re program, trick, tweak or talk nicely to it. either get the code or put a new panel in.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by AdRock View Post
    Sound like you the victim of "installer lockout"
    I thought the hardware default would overcome this? I.e to reset panel back to factory defaults being 1234?
    The alarm was never monitored and the alarm and original user guide has no mention of of the installer (which I find odd if they wanted to be the service agent)

I was wondering if the push button switch on the pcb could be faulty. If pressed at any other time should I see any response or am I looking at pulling out the board to run a meter across?
    Thanks,

Thanks

You should hear the dialler relay click four times if it is locked out, on power up.

Thanks

Try the same default procedure again, but hold the Default button down a lot longer (say 10 sec). If that doesn't work, Bosch sell a "Default" module that will default the 16+. Note that this module is designed to only be used once, then it becomes useless. Also, it can be purchased from Bosch only by licenced security installers.

• The Following User Says Thank You to alarmman For This Useful Post:

Jonesy_sa (19-10-12)

Thanks

What you can try is, finding a Tech or Control Room that offers remote access. Majority of the time when we are asked to take a site over for monitoring the previous company refuses to give out the installer code. Alot of techs do not change the Download Access Code so we can dial in, upload all of its info and get the installer code that way. You would be suprised how many techs do not change the DAC.

You can download the software and try this yourself.

• The Following User Says Thank You to Adro For This Useful Post:

Jonesy_sa (15-10-12)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by secure View Post
    You should hear the dialler relay click four times if it is locked out, on power up.
    I had another go this evening but could not hear any audible clicks. I'll have another try with my finger on the relay to try and feel any activating (I didn't have my ladder on me)

Quote Originally Posted by alarmman View Post
    hold the Default button down a lot longer (say 10 sec). If that doesn't work, Bosch sell a "Default" module that wil
    Tried this for about 10 seconds, then holding it until the system booted with no effect. Unfortunately I'm not a registered security installer so unfortunately ivwont be able to pick one up. Out of curiosity what do the cost?

Quote Originally Posted by Adro View Post
    find a Tech or Control Room that offers remote access. Majority of the time when we are asked to take a site over for monitoring the previous company refuses to give out the installer code. Alot of techs do not change the Download Access Code so we can dial in, upload all of its info and get the installer code that way. You can download the software and try this yourself.
    I hadn't thought of this but makes sense. What software is available to do this? I have only seen the Solution Link RAS that costs around $50. Would it be worth purchasing this and seeing if it works or do control rooms have better software?
    I called a few local techs and none of th had any experience with my panel.

One last thought. After the panel boots their is a few errors such as RF missing, unamed Zone etc I couldn't see anyway of clearing these but would they be stopping me entering installer mode?

Also, in regards to remote access do we have any techs which use the RAS software on the 16+ and can vouch it might work or log into my panel for a reasonable fee?
    Cheers

Thanks

Hi all,
    A quick but overdue update. I had a monitoring room dial in and obtained the codes through them. Worked a treat and well priced service. Thanks Adro!
    Interestingly the system was set to allow hard default so my only guess is the push button is faulty or the installer has uploaded a new template which the system was defaulting to as opposed to the factory.

I have reprogrammed via software default then changing settings as required.

A couple of questions:
    - the battery charging light is very bright and pulsating. Is this normal till the battery is charged? If this light blows do these panels still function??
    - is there a way to deactivate the keypad backlight unless a button is pressed or the system triggered? It's on 24/7 and I have only found settings for contrast, backlight brightness and volume?
    I try those q's in here before posting a new topic.

Many thanks all.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jonesy_sa View Post
    - the battery charging light is very bright and pulsating. Is this normal till the battery is charged?
    Yes. Meet the Solution's built-in flashlight feature, with disco mode enabled.

is there a way to deactivate the keypad backlight unless a button is pressed or the system triggered?
    Yes. Go to menu 6-1-4, select the keypad and enable the "Extinguish Keypad" option.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jonesy_sa View Post
    Hi all,
    A quick but overdue update. I had a monitoring room dial in and obtained the codes through them. Worked a treat and well priced service. Thanks Adro!
    No worries mate, glad I could help.