Thread: Deleting factory default user code reliance R128

Thanks

Default Deleting factory default user code reliance R128

So I downloaded the freely available manual for my hills reliance R128 with TouchNav keypad and found there is a default user code 9713. To my horror I find this code can be used to disarm my alarm.

Can some please tell me how I can remove this code. I tried navigating through the menu to users but only my code is there to delete.

Look Here ->
    Thanks

you need the installers manual. Put the panel in program mode with the old installer and change it to a new number thats not a user code.
    Be carefull if you stuff it up you will have to default and reprogram everything. *8 9713 0# for program mode then 1# 9876* if you want 9876
    for your new code. EXIT EXIT to exit program mode

Thanks

Thanks for the reply. But, how does this translate to the TouchNav? No * and # keys.

Thanks

I have the same problem is well.... how do I fix it?
    Last edited by NickVnpt; 07-07-14 at 01:36 PM.

Thanks

Call back the company that installed the system and ask them to come back and finish the job. This code should never be left a default and should be changed on commissioning of the system.

Thanks

This may represent professional negligence (unless it was specifically requested as part of an outgoing deprogramming of the system).
    Risk may be mitigated somewhat if the code can't be used for arm/disarm purposes i.e. if the system is armed and you're out, it won't help.

Maybe don't call them back. Call someone else and perhaps your solicitor.

Thanks

There are lots of examples where default installer and download access codes are left in the system, not only cancellation of monitoring deprogramming. For example, the person who originally wanted the alarm installed did not want to commit to one tech or monitoring centre. (By the way, if the installer code is default, chances are the download access code is set as default too.)

"Just commission the alarm, we'll get our own people (read: electrician or I.T. person) to program later on."

There is a way to program your alarm so that installer code arm/disarm will also show.

Touchnav - menu keys substitute for # and * - but if you are not familiar, it is wise to pay some cash and get it done by a pro. If your alarm is monitored by a control room they can change this for you quickly and, usually a lot cheaper than a tech service call.
    Last edited by sixfourzero; 08-07-14 at 12:35 PM.

Thanks

I had a family friend ring me a while ago wondering why her Solution 16+ alarm refused to accept her new PIN when she tried to change it.

When she described the symptoms I asked her "are you trying to change it to 2580?"

She nearly died...