Thread: Solution 88 issue

Thanks

Default Solution 88 issue

Hello,

I have a Solution 880 which seems to have a power fault. Will not run on mains. Works fine on battery but it wont charge the battery so eventually dies.

There is power from the PS (TF008) 18v, and the panel knows when its off (mains flashes). Seems to work fine appart from this - providing I have a freshly charged battery attached.

Any tips on how I might determine if its a power supply or the board? Its not fuses, and when I first discovered it 8 & 1 were dimly lit as the battery was almost dead.

Couldnt happen at a worse time as im going away for a few days later in the week

Thanks

Gordon

Look Here ->
    Thanks

ignore my typo. that should be solution 880

Banned
    Thanks

Does it run ok on just the power supply when the battery is disconnected ?

Thanks

sadly no.

Just loaded the power supply up with a few incandescent bulbs and it worked fine. So I'm guessing I have a busted panel

Banned
    Thanks

Your guessing right.

Thanks

problem solved.

I added a few upgrades last week after some a$$hole broke into my garage. This included an extra keypad. After disconnecting everything and adding it back in I found that it looks like the keypad is at fault. It works but there seems to be a limit to how many the panel will run.

Does anyone know what that limit is? I was thinking the solution would be just to run the additional keypad from its own 12v supply. Or use the boards 12v accessory supply (assuming the keypad and accessories use different supplies as they have different fuses).

Banned
    Thanks

So how many powered devices are running on this panel. The 12v o/p to external devices is rated at 400mA & fused @1A. The typical Bosch PIR draws 10ma. I've put in plenty with 3 codepads but I'm not sure as to the upper limit.
    How about helping us out by informing us of your configuration ( number of PIRs , piezos horn spkrs etc)
    An install of 8 PIRs , 2 codepads , 2 piezos , siren & strobe would be pretty standard & should not cause the problem you are having.

Thanks

Im running 3 PIR's, 2 Smokes, 3 Piezos + strobe/siren and 4 codepads! Everything else is wireless.

Im thinking the solution is to power one of the codepads from the pir outputs, given I dont have that much load on them now.

IIRC, the piezos and strobe/siren run on the battery power only. So this isnt a factor.

Banned
    Thanks

You could do that but it starts to become "unstandard" & messy. But it is your panel & I'm assuming that you will be maintaining it. The one advantage is that if you blow the codepad fuse you will still have one codepad working .

Thanks

Thanks I think the arduino hanging of it with an ethernet shield already makes it somewhat "unstandard"

Really wanted to just close the original problem out for the sake of anyone thats searching in the future. And now I can! 3 keypads is fine, but the 4th one needs to run from some other supply than the standard keypad output.

Cheers, & thanks for your help!