Thread: sensor replacement to ISC-BPQ2-W12

Thanks

Default sensor replacement to ISC-BPQ2-W12

hi, I have decided to upgrade 2 of my remaining old alarm sensors to bosch ISC-BPQ2-W12 so they are all the same type and brand. Other bosch sensors were installed by pro. installer. My alarm is MOD 600. there are 4 wires going to old sensor ( I can not identify what model it is) connected to following terminals.

1=blue wire
    2 & 4 = there is some sort of resistor connected there
    3 = vacant
    5=vacant
    6=white wire
    7=red wire
    8=black wire

installed bosch sensors have 6 terminals
    -=black wire
    +=red wire
    NC=green wire
    NC= resistor connected to T with yellow wire
    T=vacant
    T=yellow wire and resistor connected

I have tried all possibilities swapping blue & white wires and using same resistor from old sensor but blue light on new bosch sensor does not go away.
    Can someone explain to me in simple terms how can I connect them without spending big $$$ on the installer?

Cheers:

CC

Look Here ->
    Banned
    Thanks

I've got no idea what a MOD 600 is but your wiring looks to be correct. Keep in mind that the Bosch detectors need a warm up period to stabilise. This will be a couple of minutes & the PIR led will be alight for this time. The fact that the light is on confirms that you have the power connected correctly & the other connections will make no difference to the light being on.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by watchdog View Post
    I've got no idea what a MOD 600 is
    It is a re-badged DSC PC1565 panel, sold by the Modern Group company.

Thanks

hi watchdog
    can you tell me what are green an yellow wires for? cable for old sensor has blue an white. can I connect them lets say blue to where green one is and white to where the yellow? or can I swap them blue to yellow and white to green.
    Would that cause any damage to the panel? and last questions do I need those resistors (or whatever that thing is) What are their roles? Do I need them for each sensor?

Cheers:

CC

Banned
    Thanks

The red & black simply provide power from the panel to the PIR. The other two (whatever the colour ) come from the normally closed relay in the pir & go to the zone I/P. They are not polarity sensitive & can be swapped around. You do need the resistors as thery form part of the circuit that the panel is monitoring. The resistor value will vary depending on the panel manufacturer & zone doubling etc. The resistor needs to be mounted in the PIR for it to do its supervisory function not in the panel.

• The Following User Says Thank You to watchdog For This Useful Post:

CrownClit (14-12-12)

Thanks

thank you, all is working fine now

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by CrownClit View Post
    hi watchdog
    can you tell me what are green an yellow wires for? cable for old sensor has blue an white. can I connect them lets say blue to where green one is and white to where the yellow? or can I swap them blue to yellow and white to green.
    Would that cause any damage to the panel? and last questions do I need those resistors (or whatever that thing is) What are their roles? Do I need them for each sensor?

Cheers:

CC
    This threw me as well, as in the original detector no green was mentioned, and on the new detector it is.

Thanks

Old PIR had a cable running from console to the sensor with different wire colour (red black blue and white) other newer bosch PIR s had a cable with (red back green and yellow)
    I wasn’t sure how to connect blue and white wires to a new bosch PIR. Would there be a polarity issues or not but since watchdog explained it all, it was easy. I have to admit that quarter to midnight I have shorted something and my alarm went on. My neighbours were not very impressed :-)