Thread: How to connect wireless AP/Bridge to this network?

Thanks

Default How to connect wireless AP/Bridge to this network?

Hi Guys,

I work away and in our accommodation we get internet access provided to via a network cable in our rooms. It requires our network settings to be on automatic and then when we fire up our browser we are directed to a page where we have to agree to the terms and conditions. Every so often say every hour it will come up again.

I purchased a D-Link DAP-1155 N150 Wireless Bridge/Access Point but I can't get it configured to work consistently. When I first power it up it will work but after a while (I'm guessing when the session runs out) the internet connection drops out. To connect to the AP via my lappy I need to give the lappy an ip address the AP does not like having the lappy on automatic. But again after the initial session runs out if I am on a configured IP address on the lappy the accommodation internet no longer works.

I hope I've explained that correctly. What can I do to solve it?

Look Here ->
    Thanks

Is this a Rio Tinto network? I think it has an auto disconnect feature. (When the rooms were first fitted with internet ppl went to town, Torrents etc. So this was the fix).

I don't think this can be bypassed, ie: the connection will still time out even if you are in the middle of something.